The Beatles: Rock Band Twitter Contest (w/ Prizes!)

Hey gang,

Most of you have probably already heard, but for those of you who have been living under a rock for the last few weeks, on September 9th we released a little game called The Beatles: Rock Band.

The initial response from you guys on the forums and from all the press types has been overwhelming. We’ve received some great feedback and we’ve heard some great stories from folks that are new to Rock Band, as well as folks that are new to The Beatles. But, greedy as we are, we want to hear more, and a great way to do that is by getting more people to talk about TB:RB. And that’s where you guys come in.

We’ve been doing a lot on Twitter in recent weeks (giving away copies of the game, arranging Tweet ups, posting updates from events, etc) and we’ll be doing a lot more in the near future. Maybe we’ll link to exclusive interviews. Maybe we’ll host more contests. Maybe we’ll even announce the DLC early. You’ll have to follow to find out.

On the day before launch the hash tag #BeatlesRockBand was the #2 trending topic on Twitter, meaning that it was pretty much the #2 most discussed thing on the web that day. That’s huge. We’d love to get back into the trending topics, and to do that we need your help. Tweet about #BeatlesRockBand. Re Tweet official posts about #BeatlesRockBand. To show our appreciation, every time we make it into the trending topics we’ll give something back to you guys. We’ve got all sorts of swag set aside, and some cool behind the scenes type stuff as well. The higher we trend the more we’ll post and the more cool stuff we’ll give away.

Below you’ll find all the info you need to follow members of the HMX Community Team and the official Rock Band Twitter accounts. Feel free to send along screenshots or PM one of us whenever we hit the trending topics. Keep posted and keep posting!

Official RB Twitter! - https://twitter.com/RockBand

-HMXHenry

Comments

• edited September 2009
    HazyCloud;3078943 said:
    This is awesome. You guys totally rock. Now get on that Community Podcast Sean was talking about. :)
    We've already got a few interviews in the can. Soon!
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    HMXHenry;3078966 said:
    Glad to hear that. I'm really excited to get a podcast from you guys.
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    HMXHenry;3078966 said:
    Sweet! I'll be sure to subscribe.
  • seinmanseinman Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    And to think, there are still people out there who feel that Twitter is useless. What morons!
  • Bent_MongooseBent_Mongoose Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Aw man I don't know the first thing about twitter... My account got suspended because some hacker got into it and put some BS spam crap on it :(
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Come on!
    LETS DO THIS!
    *posts #beatlesrockband*

I'm @Explosion2
  • edited September 2009
    "@alyankovic It always helps to dress appropriately when you're playing Beatles Rock Band. http://twitpic.com/izjnc #BeatlesRockBand"

Come on. If Weird Al Yankovic is doing his part to get #BeatlesRockBand to trend there's no reason why you can't do the same.

Feel free to post your Twitter accounts too so we can follow you!
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Well, I wish I could have the game for this, and more followers. Did my part, anyway.
  • seinmanseinman Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    BTW, I'm www.twitter.com/seinman for those of you who want to follow me.
  • edited September 2009
    I have something to say.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a trending Twitter topic by tweeting his hashtag once. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard tire of tweeting about the Jonas Brothers. Men and women, all this stuff you’ve heard about Rock Band forums not wanting to Tweet, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Rock Band Forums traditionally love to fight. All real Rock Band Forum posters love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball player, the toughest boxer. Rock Band Forums goers love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Rock Band Forums play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Rock Band Forums have never lost and will never lose a Twitter war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to the Rock Band Forums.

Now, a forum is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real Twitter battle than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest keyboards and equipment, the best grammar and the best men and women in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to out-tweet the bastards, we’re going to cut out their living Tweets and use them to grease the strum bars on our fake plastic guitars. We’re going to murder those lousy other Twitter topics by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys and girls, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. All other topics are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their code. Mock their grammar. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's Twitter account, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our trending topic position. We’re not holding anything. Let the other topics do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the butt. We're going to kick the hell out of those other topics all the time and we're gonna go through them like crap through a goose. Sorry, that was gross, got ahead of myself.

There’s one thing that you men and women will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great #BeatlesRockBand Twitter War, you won’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana."

Alright now, you sons-of-*****es, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys and gals into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all.
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    ^CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm @Explosion2, if you want to follow me too (yes I edited this into my previous post, but I felt like it would have gone unnoticed)...
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    hmxsean;3080320 said:
    i have something to say.

Now, i want you to remember that no bastard ever won a trending twitter topic by tweeting his hashtag once. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard tire of tweeting about the jonas brothers. Men and women, all this stuff you’ve heard about rock band forums not wanting to tweet, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Rock band forums traditionally love to fight. All real rock band forum posters love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball player, the toughest boxer. Rock band forums goers love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Rock band forums play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why rock band forums have never lost and will never lose a twitter war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to the rock band forums.

Now, a forum is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the saturday evening post don’t know anything more about real twitter battle than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest keyboards and equipment, the best grammar and the best men and women in the world. You know, by god i actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By god, i do. We’re not just going to out-tweet the bastards, we’re going to cut out their living tweets and use them to grease the strum bars on our fake plastic guitars. We’re going to murder those lousy other twitter topics by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys and girls, i know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. All other topics are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their code. Mock their grammar. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's twitter account, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing i want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our trending topic position. We’re not holding anything. Let the other topics do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the butt. We're going to kick the hell out of those other topics all the time and we're gonna go through them like crap through a goose. Sorry, that was gross, got ahead of myself.

There’s one thing that you men and women will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank god for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great #beatlesrockband twitter war, you won’t have to say, "well, i shoveled **** in louisiana."

alright now, you sons-of-*****es, you know how i feel. Oh, and i will be proud to lead you wonderful guys and gals into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all.
    Best. Post. Ever.
  • JMaqIsYourHeroJMaqIsYourHero Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    HMXHenry;3078940 said:
    And while it's not necessary for the contest above, you can follow a bunch of other HMX Community / PR people on Twitter as well. We may have some other TB:RB and RB stuff going on, but if you only follow one account you should follow the main Rock Band Twitter.

The Beatles: Rock Band - https://twitter.com/TheBeatlesRB
    HMXhenry - https://twitter.com/hmxhenry
    HMXsean - https://twitter.com/HarmonixSean
    HMXveng - https://twitter.com/megadestructo
    HMXthrasher - https://twitter.com/HMXThrasher
    HMXpope - https://twitter.com/MrPope
    HMXkatattack - https://twitter.com/HMXkatattack
    HMXjohnd - https://twitter.com/johntdrake
    HMXsteph - https://twitter.com/thebeststeph
    HMXalex - https://twitter.com/alex_navarro
    Somewhere @HMXHellion is crying.

Wait, no she's not. She's punching babies in the throat, then giving them tattoos of dragons who are themselves tattooing a baby.

@HMXCasey is definitely crying, though.
    edited September 2009
    hmxsean;3080320 said:
    I have something to say.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a trending Twitter topic by tweeting his hashtag once. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard tire of tweeting about the Jonas Brothers. Men and women, all this stuff you’ve heard about Rock Band forums not wanting to Tweet, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Rock Band Forums traditionally love to fight. All real Rock Band Forum posters love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball player, the toughest boxer. Rock Band Forums goers love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Rock Band Forums play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Rock Band Forums have never lost and will never lose a Twitter war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to the Rock Band Forums.

Now, a forum is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real Twitter battle than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest keyboards and equipment, the best grammar and the best men and women in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to out-tweet the bastards, we’re going to cut out their living Tweets and use them to grease the strum bars on our fake plastic guitars. We’re going to murder those lousy other Twitter topics by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys and girls, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. All other topics are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their code. Mock their grammar. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's Twitter account, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our trending topic position. We’re not holding anything. Let the other topics do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the butt. We're going to kick the hell out of those other topics all the time and we're gonna go through them like crap through a goose. Sorry, that was gross, got ahead of myself.

There’s one thing that you men and women will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great #BeatlesRockBand Twitter War, you won’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana."

Alright now, you sons-of-*****es, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys and gals into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all.
    Since this post I have added three more twitter posts.
  • Beatles123Beatles123 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    LOL IM TOO LAZY TO JOIN THIS NEW-FANGLED TWITTER THING-A-MUH-WHUTZIT!

But im certanly on bored!

As Poopdeck Pappy Says in the Popeye movie, "C'mon, HAUL ASS! HAUL ASS!!!"

Lets get That early DLC anouncement prize, people!! :D
  • justintimeROAjustintimeROA Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    You guys pushed me to join Twitter!

www.twitter.com/justintimeROA
    edited September 2009
    I Did too, dammit! T.T

https://twitter.com/Beatles12345

Damn You Sean 'an Yer persuasive speech! x.x
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    edited September 2009
    i dont think its working =/
    edited September 2009
    No, you guys just arn't trying hard enough. ;)
  • Bent_MongooseBent_Mongoose Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    DEMMIT SOMEONE EXPLAIN WTF I NEED TO DO WITH THIS TWITTER THING!!!

I got an account now what?!?! Wjere do I need to go what the hex am I looking for etc. I WANT TO FIGHT!
    edited September 2009
    #beatlesrockband Post that in one of your "Tweets."
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited September 2009
    I would follow, definately would, but Im not allowed to get a Twitter Account because my parents say its "UNSAFE."

I really want one, and now I want one even more!:(
  • VermineaterVermineater Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Just get one and don't tell your parents. =D

http://www.twitter.com/Vermineater

I'll try to do at least once a day.
    edited September 2009
    Right! Everyone tweet your hearts out!! we've got to get this trending if we want that DLC info!