Questions on Getting My Band Into RBN

EdwardDavenporEdwardDavenpor Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
So...I have a band. Noctember 32nd. It's a solo project (me, myself, and I). I haven't gotten my CD out yet, but that's fine, I want to wait until I get in RBN as well (like a Backspacer kind of thing). Now, after looking through this thread...I'm not really sure HOW my song gets in. Do I submit it (pre-charting and such) to some place (Rhythm Authors I've heard in this thread a lot) and they decided whether it gets in or not? Also, I have songs that range a wide variety of genres. Will my band have a specific genre, or will my songs be able to have different genres? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2009
    EdwardDavenpor;3083829 said:
    So...I have a band. Noctember 32nd. It's a solo project (me, myself, and I). I haven't gotten my CD out yet, but that's fine, I want to wait until I get in RBN as well (like a Backspacer kind of thing). Now, after looking through this thread...I'm not really sure HOW my song gets in. Do I submit it (pre-charting and such) to some place (Rhythm Authors I've heard in this thread a lot) and they decided whether it gets in or not? Also, I have songs that range a wide variety of genres. Will my band have a specific genre, or will my songs be able to have different genres? Thank you in advance.
    You basically have two options for authoring: you can do it yourself or use a 3rd party (such as Rhythm Authors, but there are others out there as well) to do it for you.

If you use a 3rd party, then they will have some sort of "Song Submission" process where you send it to them and they will let you know if they can do it. If you're doing it yourself, then you need to purchase Reaper ($60) and a premium XNA Creators Club account ($99/year) and download some software from Harmonix which isn't yet available to the public but will be, for free.

Regardless of which method you use, there is a peer review process that's required for your song to be added to the store. Any Xbox 360 user who purchases a premium XNA membership can be a reviewer, but you don't have to worry about your song "not getting in" based on peoples' personal opinions of the music. The review process is mainly to determine that your song is charted accurately according to how Harmonix charts songs that they release as DLC.

Each song will have a Genre, and can have a Sub-Genre if you wish. You don't have to use the same genre for every song you submit.