Too...Much...Information

SoxmanSoxman Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Hello all, while I'm quite intrigued in participating in the Rock Band Network, I am rather overwhelmed by the ammount and kind of work that goes into making a song. I wanted to know if there were any good or recommended tutorials on how to operate the programs required to produce a song. Thanks for your help :).

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2009
    Harmonix will be releasing all the documentation and tools needed to author songs once the open beta starts. The only things which cost money are the Reaper program ($60) and a premium XNA Creators Club membership ($99 for one year).

Once the RBN goes live and a lot more people are authoring songs, there will likely be some helpful users out there who will put up tutorial-type stuff on YouTube as well.
  • SoxmanSoxman Unsigned
    edited September 2009
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    trg007;3088511 said:
    Harmonix will be releasing all the documentation and tools needed to author songs once the open beta starts. The only things which cost money are the Reaper program ($60) and a premium XNA Creators Club membership ($99 for one year).

Once the RBN goes live and a lot more people are authoring songs, there will likely be some helpful users out there who will put up tutorial-type stuff on YouTube as well.
    Since when did Reaper cost 60 dollars?
  • BillyBlaze314BillyBlaze314 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    timmay9;3088548 said:
    From reaper.fm/purchase.php:

There is only one version of REAPER. We offer two licenses, depending on how you use it.

$225: full commercial license.
    $60: discounted license.

You may use the discounted license if any of the following is true:

* You are an individual, using REAPER only for personal use.
    * You are an individual or business, using REAPER for commercial use, and the yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000.
    * You are an educational or non-profit organization.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2009
    timmay9;3088548 said:
    Uh...since it was created? I dunno. It's a commercial product that has probably been around for a long time; it just happens to be the one HMX uses and the one they will be releasing plug-ins for.

You may be thinking of Magma, the free software from HMX which is used to build your song files and transfer them to your Xbox for auditioning. That one does NOT cost money.