Quick Question

CaptainHowdySHCaptainHowdySH Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Before i strain my eyes at reading all the threads and articles, i am just going to do the one thing that annoys me and create a thread that has probably been posted before.

This is most simple question i do believe.

When exactly is RBN going to be released to the public. When you download the songs, do they stay on your hard drive and in your songs list or do you have to be on the RBN to play these songs? I don't plan to ever create content but also, do you have to pay to be able to download these? i know there isn't supposed to be a price on the songs, but do you have to buy like a membership or anything, besides XBL Gold?

Thanks for you time if you reply

Comments

  • b1gr1ckb1gr1ck Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I might be wrong, but i doubt anyone can/will give you the answer to that anytime soon. They'll make sure people know when it comes out.
  • kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    CaptainHowdySH;3089710 said:
    When exactly is RBN going to be released to the public.
    Only HMX knows for sure, stay tuned.
    CaptainHowdySH;3089710 said:
    When you download the songs, do they stay on your hard drive and in your songs list or do you have to be on the RBN to play these songs?
    If you purchase the songs through RBN, they are the same as HMX released dlc. If your auditioning them (you charted the song and are previewing it), it's a one time download to your XBox, the song is removed when you are done audtioning it.
    CaptainHowdySH;3089710 said:
    I don't plan to ever create content but also, do you have to pay to be able to download these?
    The songs will be priced between 1 and 3 dollars when released to RBN.
    CaptainHowdySH;3089710 said:
    i know there isn't supposed to be a price on the songs, but do you have to buy like a membership or anything, besides XBL Gold?
    I doubt you'll need a Gold account for simple downloads of RBN material, you can buy current HMX dlc without it now so I doubt it.

    If you chart songs you will need a Gold account and an XNA membership.
  • CaptainHowdySHCaptainHowdySH Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    thanks for the help guys
  • edited September 2009
    CaptainHowdySH;3089710 said:
    When exactly is RBN going to be released to the public.
    Sometime in October is the start of Public Beta for RBN
    Sometime in November The RBN Store will launch in RB2
  • ABrotherGrimmABrotherGrimm Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    HMXEnosity;3093941 said:
    Sometime in October is the start of Public Beta for RBN
    Sometime in November The RBN Store will launch in RB2
    Any date for the public beta of the developers resources?

    Thanx!
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    ABrotherGrimm;3094188 said:
    Any date for the public beta of the developers resources?
    It says right there 'Sometime in October'. Public Beta = everybody will be able to get to the resources.
  • edited September 2009
    The tools and documentation will be coming out before Public Beta starts.
  • X Bad Daddy XX Bad Daddy X Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I still...
    Can.
    Not.
    Wait!
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    HMXEnosity;3094708 said:
    The tools and documentation will be coming out before Public Beta starts.
    That's a relief! Everyone will be able to get their hands dirty in RBN-loaded Reaper before any music becomes public. That definitely makes waiting all the more easy, knowing that those of us not in closed Beta will have a chance to catch up for the first release of content. Cool.
Sign In or Register to comment.