(Random Thought) It will take longer to load "Her Majesty"...

RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
...then it will to play "Her Majesty".

I really hope they attach it to The Medley.

Comments

• fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited September 2009
    that would probably not happen, but I hope they do not attach it to the medley because it was never supposed to be attached to it.
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Her Majesty"!!! I had to have a bellyful of wine just to post this in the thread.

......and it DOESNT belong in the medley.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    It was never in The Medley. The Medley ends at The End. Her Majesty is put at the very end of the album
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    SgtRubberRevolver;3097333 said:
    It was never in The Medley. The Medley ends at The End. Her Majesty is put at the very end of the album
    Never? Not exactly...read on:
    "Her Majesty", tacked on the end, was originally part of the side two medley, appearing between "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam". McCartney disliked the way the medley sounded when it included "Her Majesty", so he had the medley re-edited to remove it. However, second engineer John Kurlander had been instructed never to throw out anything, so after the group left the recording studio that day, he picked it up off the floor, spliced 14 seconds of red leader tape onto the final mix reel, and then spliced in "Her Majesty" immediately after the leader tape.

The box of the album's master reel had a notation stating to leave "Her Majesty" off the final product, but the next day when Malcolm Davies at Apple received the tape, he (also trained not to throw anything away) cut a playback lacquer of the whole sequence, including "Her Majesty". The Beatles liked this effect and left it on the album. On the first printing of the LP cover, "Her Majesty" is not listed, although it is shown on the record label.

"Her Majesty" opens with the final, crashing chord of "Mean Mr. Mustard", while the final note of "Her Majesty" remained buried in the mix of "Polythene Pam". This was the result of "Her Majesty" being snipped off the reel during a rough mix of the medley. The cut in the medley was subsequently disguised with further mixing although "Her Majesty" was not touched again and still appears in its rough mix.
    But yeah, it's not part of the Medley now and should not be part of the Medley track we can get in TB:RB.
  • HerSilverHammerHerSilverHammer Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I have a feeling that they're gonna chart the vocals and make it the most difficult song in the game.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Davidshek, thanks for posting that cool bit of info: I can't believe that in all my decades of listening to the Beatles, I never realized Her Majesty starts with Mustard's final chord!
  • justintimeROAjustintimeROA Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I think it will have a very quick loading time since it's such a short song. I also do not want it tacked onto the end of the Medley, and according to the PR it will not be.
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    davidshek;3097342 said:
    "Her Majesty", tacked on the end, was originally part of the side two medley, appearing between "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam". McCartney disliked the way the medley sounded when it included "Her Majesty", so he had the medley re-edited to remove it.
    Thank God too! Mean Mr. Mustard segueing into Polythene Pam is my favorite part! It's perfect :)
  • odd-propsodd-props Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I don't know, this game loads fast... almost too fast, I no longer have time to take a quick swig of beer and/or b-hit during load times.

The game is not the only one getting loaded ; )
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited September 2009
    davidshek;3097342 said:

But yeah, it's not part of the Medley now and should not be part of the Medley track we can get in TB:RB.
    True. I'll load up the game and play guitar.

I'll play through the medley (as it is intended). Then, I'll play it the way it could have been, with "Her Majesty" between "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam" in a created set list.
  • justintimeROAjustintimeROA Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    RockBandRocker;3100623 said:
    True. I'll load up the game and play guitar.

I'll play through the medley (as it is intended). Then, I'll play it the way it could have been, with "Her Majesty" between "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam" in a created set list.
    I was planning to do the same thing.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    So, I wonder if "Her Majesty" was meant to be a little ditty sung by Mean Mr. Mustard, since it would have come right after the "Takes him out to look at the queen" verse. Kind of cool, actually. But, I agree that the final Mustard/Pam pairing is the medley's best moment.
  • johnnywcjohnnywc Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I was listening to Her Majesty today and thought: this drum chart is going to be easy!!! Will it be just one cymbal crash? Is there bass in that opening note too?

Hmmm....
  • QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Will it be so short it's almost impossible to get the required points to gold star?
  • MidniteVulture83MidniteVulture83 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I think there should be some studio chatter after "The End." For about 30 seconds, and then "Her Majesty" ought to start ...
  • chaopolischaopolis Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Maybe it'll be the Travis Barker remix?
  • jharr8jharr8 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Similar to Sargent Pepper's inner grove, Wonder if that will be tacked on to Day in the Life?
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited October 2009
    chaopolis;3109543 said:
    Maybe it'll be the Travis Barker remix?
    lol
  • RobondacobRobondacob Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    They should have taken out Sun King while they were at it
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    justintimeROA;3097955 said:
    I think it will have a very quick loading time since it's such a short song. I also do not want it tacked onto the end of the Medley, and according to the PR it will not be.
    NO!! I really wanted Her Majesty to be after the Medley, I really hope they leave it after it.