Bleach Re-Issue Hint Maybe?

dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
OK, it's common knowledge that Sub Pop wants to release all of its back catalogue onto the Rock Band Network. Nirvana's Bleach is in the catalog. Bleach's 20th anniversary re-issue is coming November 3rd, 2009.

So anyway how does this relate? I was checking out Rolling Stone's website and they had an article about it. In the article contained a free download of a live version of "Scoff." Being the huge Nirvana fan I am, I could not resist. But when I went to download it, I noticed something. The site it was hosted on was download.rbn.com. Immediately, RBN made me think of Rock Band Network and all the hoopla surrounding Sub Pop's announcement.

So do you think I'm crazy and am looking waaaaay too far into this or am I onto something?

Comments

• jgoshjgosh Super Star
    edited October 2009
    Possibly I'd wait for an announcement before you get your hopes up.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    a quick yahoo search tells me that rbn.com is the "real broadcast network", though the site seems to be inaccessible.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    afterstasis;3107817 said:
    a quick yahoo search tells me that rbn.com is the "real broadcast network", though the site seems to be inaccessible.
    Like I said, I'm probably jumping to complusions and that's probably it. (I did a google search too before I posted.) But yeah, just seeing RBN led me in that direction which is more than likely wrong.
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It makes sense enough.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    In the words of HMXHenry...

I think you're reading a little too much into this.

But it would be awesome to have day one RBN release to be the remastered Bleach.
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    afterstasis;3107817 said:
    Damn...

Good try though.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3110437 said:
    In the words of HMXSean...

I think you're reading a little too much into this.
    Fixed.

Anyway, it would be great to see the full Bleach album in Rock Band through RBN. However, I don't think it will happen, because Love Buzz is a cover and covers are not allowed on RBN :(
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    CloudWolf;3112545 said:
    Fixed.

Anyway, it would be great to see the full Bleach album in Rock Band through RBN. However, I don't think it will happen, because Love Buzz is a cover and covers are not allowed on RBN :(
    Well...
    How about "semi-full album" and minus Love Buzz?
    Not the first time an album has been out with one track missing.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2009
    Well I'm expecting Nirvana to be released as DLC November 3rd, as I have said before
    edited October 2009
    HeyRiles;3114192 said:
    Well I'm expecting Nirvana to be released as DLC November 3rd, as I have said before
    Bleach is confirmed. The Riles hath spoken.
    edited October 2009
    Hey hey hey, I didn't say that

I said Nirvana DLC from Harmonix in-house due November 3rd. I think there are 9 songs from the Live At Reading release on November 3rd of songs that haven't already been released as Rock Band, DLC, not on Bleach, and not a cover

I'm expecting eight of the remaining songs to be released as DLC, and the ninth song being a part of Rock Band 3
    edited October 2009
    HeyRiles;3114330 said:
    Hey hey hey, I didn't say that

I said Nirvana DLC from Harmonix in-house due November 3rd. I think there are 9 songs from the Live At Reading release on November 3rd of songs that haven't already been released as Rock Band, DLC, not on Bleach, and not a cover

I'm expecting eight of the remaining songs to be released as DLC, and the ninth song being a part of Rock Band 3
    I'm kinda hoping for just straight In Utero tracks. HMX has neglected that album (oustide of GH2's Heart Shaped Box cover). And although Live at Reading does have some songs off In Utero, some of the best tracks aren't represented. However, the live version of tourette's would be amazing.
    edited October 2009
    I think that with the announcement that all Sub Pop material is coming to Rock Band, Harmonix won't waste time on charting and releasing it (unless they already started charting it)
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I think we'll have just about all the Nirvana we need between the next Nirvana pack from HMX and the Bleach album from RBN. Yayz!

Agree on more In Utero love is needed, hope we see it in the 02 pack. I could use a few Incesticide tracks too.
    edited October 2009
    recharge138;3117957 said:
    I think we'll have just about all the Nirvana we need between the next Nirvana pack from HMX and the Bleach album from RBN. Yayz!

Agree on more In Utero love is needed, hope we see it in the 02 pack. I could use a few Incesticide tracks too.
    Totally with you there. HMX is really making me save up what with the upcoming Queen 10 pack and all the Nirvana love. Here's to more MSP cards!

My hopes for Nirvana Pack 02
    7 songs all In Utero tracks
    All Apologies
    Scentless Apprentice
    Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
    tourette's
    Very Ape
    Milk It
    Serve the Servants
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    CloudWolf;3112545 said:
    Fixed.

Could they not make an exception? If not... weak :D
  • Indy7soloIndy7solo Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    CloudWolf;3112545 said:
    Fixed.

I think that means like, covers by your band, where as if a band like nirvana has taken the time to acquire the rights to the song to be release on their album then the version of the song in question is free for them to do whatever with. See Smooth Criminal and Ring of Fire as DLC. I know it's not RBN, but I think covers might get by this way, if it is a studio release on RBN, not joe shmo's garage band.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Indy7solo;3118193 said:
    I think that means like, covers by your band, where as if a band like nirvana has taken the time to acquire the rights to the song to be release on their album then the version of the song in question is free for them to do whatever with. See Smooth Criminal and Ring of Fire as DLC. I know it's not RBN, but I think covers might get by this way, if it is a studio release on RBN, not joe shmo's garage band.
    Nope. Rights to include a cover song on a studio album release are entiiiirely different than the rights needed to put a song into the RBN. It's not impossible to secure rights for covers, which is why HMX has had covers as regular DLC. The point is that it's such a legal mess, there is little to no way for HMX to be sure you really got the rights for the cover you're submitting, so they are taking a better safe than sorry approach and not allowing them at all.

You can still get covers from the regular DLC every week, so don't worry.
  • ElvishSpiritElvishSpirit Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Im liking the idea of 9 tracks from The Reading Festival more than studio songs :o

Lemme see, from the Reading Festival...
    1.Smells Like Teen Spirit
    2.Come As You Are
    3.Lithium (Why Not?)
    4.Sliver
    5.About A Girl
    6.Been A Son
    7.Aneurysm
    8.Blew
    9.Negative Creep

That would be my choice for 9. None of those are in RB in any shape of form either.