12/18/07 rockband.com going offline - info inside

edited December 2007 in Announcements
We are taking down the site 8pm EST to do a bunch of fun stuff to it overnight and tomorrow. Check your email tomorrow (and your junk email in case we get filtered out) for when the site goes back up. Part of this process involves an automatic change to your password and that email will contain your new one. See you tomorrow everyone.

Comments

• DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    CHRISTMAS IS COMING EARLY!

Sorry...got a little too excited, there...
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited December 2007
    So we get to keep our usernames and won't have to re-register?
  • winnipegguy2236winnipegguy2236 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    will this fix my strum bar?:p just kidding. I'm excited to see the changes.
  • edited December 2007
    Rock_Starman;205169 said:
    So we get to keep our usernames and won't have to re-register?

Yup - we are doing some of that data migration tonight.
  • DirrtyBirdDirrtyBird Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Awesome, cant wait to see what fun stuff will be added. Thanks for the heads up. :)
  • SoulScremeSoulScreme Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    :::reads between lines:::

I sure hope this is the community site.

:::crosses fingers:::
  • jq715861jq715861 Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    Only 1 hour left... ::sniffle::
  • OrgymangOrgymang Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    SoulScreme;205217 said:
    :::reads between lines:::

I sure hope this is the community site.

:::crosses fingers:::
    what else could it be? :)
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited December 2007
    Orgymang;205242 said:
    what else could it be? :)
    I have *NO* idea!
  • o0MeTaL0oo0MeTaL0o Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Will this Allow us PS3 users to use the GH3 LP?

j/k =P
  • _epacs__epacs_ Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    o0MeTaL0o;205310 said:
    Will this Allow us PS3 users to use the GH3 LP?
    What else could it be ?
    edited December 2007
    everyone receives a the free strobe light/smoke machine peripheral for xmas? w00t
  • o0MeTaL0oo0MeTaL0o Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Orgymang;205336 said:
    everyone receives a the free strobe light/smoke machine peripheral for xmas? w00t
    USB powered right? o_O
  • edited December 2007
    God bless us, everyone!
    edited December 2007
    o0MeTaL0o;205343 said:
    USB powered right? o_O
    Unfortunately the one we receive free is powered by the bass kick. To build up enough power for it to operate you must press the kick pedal 50 times before each song. The USB one will be sold early next year with the rest of the peripherals.
  • WookieFodderWookieFodder Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    how about listing the DLC for next week and so on?
  • dfjdejuliodfjdejulio Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;205159 said:
    Check your email tomorrow (and your junk email in case we get filtered out) for when the site goes back up.
    If you let us know what email address that message is going to come from (or even just what domain name), we can configure our spam filters to let it through.

Just sayin'...
  • ViliusVilius Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Yes! This new site is going to rock!

(It would be a let down is if it just turns out to be a Christmas color palette, or something like that :rolleyes:)
  • Fatal1ty_ReaperFatal1ty_Reaper Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Hmm... Guess I'm gonna have to get off the Rock Band forums and go play the Rock Band game lol :p
  • FeignedFeigned Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Now what am I going to do all night :confused:

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait :D
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Great new site, everything looks amazing, I can't wait to take advantage of all the new features. Awesome!
  • edited December 2007
    Finally, it'll load!!

Awesome stuff. A little dsiapointed with the amount of stuff involving the bands. I was hoping to get source pics of my characters etc.
  • CJ452CJ452 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;205159 said:
    We are taking down the site 8pm EST to do a bunch of fun stuff to it overnight and tomorrow. Check your email tomorrow (and your junk email in case we get filtered out) for when the site goes back up. Part of this process involves an automatic change to your password and that email will contain your new one. See you tomorrow everyone.
    Good job on the site sean and the rest of the crew that busted thier a$$ on this big thumbs up
  • boardumbboardumb Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Looks like the Rock Band tour section had parts taken down. I was waiting for a final summary of the entire trip, but instead of adding more past the Dec 4th tour stop, it reverts itself all the way back to Nov 1st (Puzzled)
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    We're up! We're down... We're up! Down again!

Hats off to the IT folks as they continue to fight the sluggishness we're experiencing.
  • arsohnarsohn Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    i thought there was going to be a way to get our character pics? also what about buying shirts with our logos and the action figures?
  • dfjdejuliodfjdejulio Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    arsohn;206098 said:
    i thought there was going to be a way to get our character pics? also what about buying shirts with our logos and the action figures?
    Interviews said that stuff would be coming at some point, but not that it would all be in place and ready to go when the site first came up. I expect features will gradually get added over the next couple of months.
  • edited December 2007
    dfjdejulio;206642 said:
    Interviews said that stuff would be coming at some point, but not that it would all be in place and ready to go when the site first came up. I expect features will gradually get added over the next couple of months.

Bingo! We will be adding all sorts of cool features over the coming months. I'll get more into it later.
  • SigafoosSigafoos Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    With my limited coding experience I know how much work it is... the features you've described are indistinguishable from magic as far as I'm concerned, so while I want them now for purely selfish reasons I know they take time :)
  • arsohnarsohn Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206662 said:
    Bingo! We will be adding all sorts of cool features over the coming months. I'll get more into it later.
    thanks for the info, we'll be anxiously awaiting the new info!
This discussion has been closed.