Rank The Songs in any Album!

Comments

  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Silversun Pickups-Carnavas (wow this is REALLY hard)

    1.Dream at Tempo 119
    2.Common Reactor
    3.Well Thought Out Twinkles
    4.Future Foe Scenarios
    5.Little Lover's So polite
    6.Melatonin
    7.Lazy Eye
    8.Checkered Floor
    9.Waste it on
    10.Rusted Wheel
    11.Three Seed

    Note:every one of these songs is fantastic,and ranking them was way too difficult.
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited October 2009
    timmay9;3114946 said:
    There She Goes Again>Sunday Morning
    False opinion alert!!!
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    supernova1324;3114787 said:
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor-Lift Your Skinny Fists...

    1. Sleep
    2. Storm
    3. Static
    4. Antennas to Heaven
    Completely disagree

    1. Storm (probably my favorite song of all time)
    2. Static
    3. Antennas to Heaven
    4. Sleep
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    this is a tough one for me..
    The Smiths - The Queen is Dead

    1. There is a Light that Never Goes Out
    2. Bigmouth Strikes Again
    3. The Boy with the Thorn in His Side
    4. Cemetry Gates
    5. I Know its Over
    6. The Queen is Dead
    7. Frankly Mr. Shankly
    8. Never Had No One Ever
    9. Vicar in a Tutu
    10. Some Girls are Bigger than Others

    I still LOVE every song on that album tho
  • ReverseReverse Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    timmay9;3114656 said:
    I hate to be that guy too...

    1. Marquee Moon
    2. Torn Curtain
    3. Friction
    4. Elevation
    5. Venus
    6. See No Evil
    7. Prove It
    8. Guiding Light
    After listening to Marquee Moon twice today (I haven't listened in a few weeks,) my opinions changed a bit. Looks more like your list now. Except "Prove It" is still last.

    I like your placement of "Torn Curtain", by the way. The song doesn't get nearly enough respect.
    Cubecubed;3114957 said:
    Silversun Pickups-Carnavas (wow this is REALLY hard)

    1.Dream at Tempo 119
    2.Common Reactor
    3.Well Thought Out Twinkles
    4.Future Foe Scenarios
    5.Little Lover's So polite
    6.Melatonin
    7.Lazy Eye
    8.Checkered Floor
    9.Waste it on
    10.Rusted Wheel
    11.Three Seed

    Note:every one of these songs is fantastic,and ranking them was way too difficult.
    I hate being that generic Rock Band guy (and I have listened to the whole album,) but I'd personally say my three favorite are "Lazy Eye", "Checkered Floor", and "Rusted Wheel". Also, "Well Thought Out Twinkles" is overrated.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    i see this thread is going over well :)
    tridentgum0;3114763 said:
    Velvet Underground and Nico:

    1. Venus in Furs
    2. Sunday Morning
    3. Femme Fatale
    4. Heroin
    5. Run Run Run
    6. I'm Waiting For The Man
    7. European Son
    8. I'll Be Your Mirror
    9. All Tomorrow's Parties
    10. Black Angel's Death Song
    11. There She Goes Again
    timmay9;3114830 said:
    VU and Nico

    1. Heroin
    2. There She Goes Again
    3. Run Run Run
    4. Venus in Furs
    5. I'm Waiting for the Man
    6. European Son
    7. Femme Fatal
    8. The Black Angel's Death Song
    9. Sunday Morning
    10. All Tomorrow's Parties
    11. I'll Be Your Mirror
    Dante1847;3114879 said:
    YOu have issues. Why are people ranking "The Black Angel's Death Song" so low?

    My ranking of Velvet Underground & Nico

    1. Heroin
    2. Run Run Run
    3. The Black Angel's Death Song
    4. Venus in Furs
    5. There She Goes Again
    6. I'm Waiting for the Man
    7. European Son
    8. All Tomorrow's Parties
    9. Femme Fatale
    10. Sunday Morning
    11. I'll Be Your Mirror
    i really really really dislike Venus In Furs
    Ultimatum;3115085 said:
    Completely disagree

    1. Storm (probably my favorite song of all time)
    2. Static
    3. Antennas to Heaven
    4. Sleep
    Antennas to Heaven is better, i'd have it 1 or 2 probably
    Skittles;3115093 said:
    this is a tough one for me..
    The Smiths - The Queen is Dead

    1. There is a Light that Never Goes Out
    2. Bigmouth Strikes Again
    3. The Boy with the Thorn in His Side
    4. Cemetry Gates
    5. I Know its Over
    6. The Queen is Dead
    7. Frankly Mr. Shankly
    8. Never Had No One Ever
    9. Vicar in a Tutu
    10. Some Girls are Bigger than Others

    I still LOVE every song on that album tho
    nice
  • ReverseReverse Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Skittles;3115093 said:
    this is a tough one for me..
    The Smiths - The Queen is Dead

    1. There is a Light that Never Goes Out
    2. Bigmouth Strikes Again
    3. The Boy with the Thorn in His Side
    4. Cemetry Gates
    5. I Know its Over
    6. The Queen is Dead
    7. Frankly Mr. Shankly
    8. Never Had No One Ever
    9. Vicar in a Tutu
    10. Some Girls are Bigger than Others

    I still LOVE every song on that album tho
    The only thing I seriously disagree with is your placement of "The Queen is Dead". I would probably put it as high as 3.

    But yeah, nice list.
  • Meatwad555Meatwad555 Merch-Table
    edited October 2009
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace

    1. Tornado of Souls
    2. Rust In Peace... Polaris
    3. Lucretia
    4. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
    5. Five Magics
    6. Take No Prisoners
    7. Hangar 18
    8. Poison Was The Cure
    9. Dawn Patrol

    This was very tough.
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited October 2009
    Siamese Dream - The Smashing Pumpkins
    1. Cherub Rock
    2. Geek U.S.A.
    3. Quiet
    4. Mayonaise
    5. Today
    6. Rocket
    7. Hummer
    8. Soma
    9. Disarm
    10. Luna
    11. Sweet Sweet
    12. Silverf*ck
    13. Spaceboy
  • CommonCriminalCommonCriminal The Stork Whisperer
    edited October 2009
    David Bowie - Hunky Dory

    1. Life on Mars?
    2. Fill Your Heart
    3. Changes
    4. Queen *****
    5. Oh! You Pretty Things
    6. Kooks
    7. Andy Warhol
    9. Eight Line Poem
    10. The Bewlay Brothers
    11. Quicksand
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Bub;3115675 said:
    Siamese Dream - The Smashing Pumpkins
    1. Cherub Rock
    2. Geek U.S.A.
    3. Quiet
    4. Mayonaise
    5. Today
    6. Rocket
    7. Hummer
    8. Soma
    9. Disarm
    10. Luna
    11. Sweet Sweet
    12. Silverf*ck
    13. Spaceboy
    wow, really surprised by the rankings of Disarm and Silver**** there, especially Silver****
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Silversun Pickups - Carnavas:

    1. Future Foe Scenarios
    2. Common Reactor
    3. Three Seed
    4. Lazy Eye
    5. Rusted Wheel
    6. Little Lovers So Polite
    7. Waste It On
    8. Melatonin
    9. Checkered Floor
    10. Well Thought Out Twinkles
    11. Dream At Tempo 119
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Queensryche-Operation: Mindcrime

    1. Suite Sister Mary
    2. Eyes of a Stranger
    3. Breaking the Silence
    4. The Mission
    5. Speak
    6. Revolution Calling
    7. Anarchy X
    8. My Empty Room
    9. Spreading the Disease
    10. The Needle Lies
    11. Operation: Mindcrime
    12. Electric Requiem
    13. I Don;t Believe in Love
    14. Waiting for 22
    15. I Remember Now
  • edited October 2009
    Van Halen - Van Halen

    1. Runnin' With The Devil
    2. I'm The One
    3. Atomic Punk
    4. Feel Your Love Tonight
    5. Jamie's Cryin'
    6. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    7. You Really Got Me
    8. Ice Cream Man
    9. On Fire
    10. Little Dreamer
    11. Eruption
  • Lithuanian_BoyLithuanian_Boy Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Images and Words - Dream Theater

    1: Take the Time
    2: Metropolis
    3: Learning to Live
    4: Pull me Under
    5: Under a Glass Moon
    6: Surrounded
    7: Wait for Sleep
    8: Another Day
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Pixies - Doolittle
    1. Debaser
    2. Monkey Gone To Heaven
    3. Tame
    4. Mr. Grieves
    5. There Goes My Gun
    6. I Bleed
    7. Gouge Away
    8. Here Comes Your Man
    9. Crackity Jones
    10. Wave of Mutilation
    11. Dead
    12. La La Love You
    13. Hey
    14. No. 13 Baby
    15. Silver

    Absolutely love the album though.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    okay... here is my take on The Queen is Dead

    1) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
    2) I Know It's Over
    3) Cemetry Gates
    4) The Boy With A Thorn In Its Side
    5) Frankly Mr Shankly
    6) Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
    7) The Queen Is Dead
    8) Bigmouth Strikes Again
    9) Vicar In A Tutu
    10) Never Had No One Ever


    and i'll do Disintegration by The Cure

    1) Pictures of You
    2) Fascination Street
    3) Lovesong
    4) Plainsong
    5) Prayers For Rain
    6) Lullaby
    7) Untitled
    8) Closedown
    9) Last Dance
    10) Disintegration
    11) Homesick
    12) The Same Deep Water As You
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2009
    neckermanncj;3116331 said:


    and i'll do Disintegration by The Cure

    1) Pictures of You
    2) Fascination Street
    3) Lovesong
    4) Plainsong
    5) Prayers For Rain
    6) Lullaby
    7) Untitled
    8) Closedown
    9) Last Dance
    10) Disintegration
    11) Homesick
    12) The Same Deep Water As You
    My rating:

    1. Plainsong
    2. Fascination Street
    3. Lovesong
    4. Untitled
    5. Homesick
    6. Lullaby
    7. Pictures Of You
    8. The Same Deep Water As You
    9. Closedown
    10. Prayers For Rain
    11. Disintegration
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited October 2009
    clashcityrocker10;3116256 said:
    Pixies - Doolittle
    1. Debaser
    2. Monkey Gone To Heaven
    3. Tame
    4. Mr. Grieves
    5. There Goes My Gun
    6. I Bleed
    7. Gouge Away
    8. Here Comes Your Man
    9. Crackity Jones
    10. Wave of Mutilation
    11. Dead
    12. La La Love You
    13. Hey
    14. No. 13 Baby
    15. Silver

    Absolutely love the album though.
    My list is pretty different:

    1. Hey (best song evar)
    2. No. 13 Baby
    3. Debaser
    4. Wave of Mutilation
    5. Tame
    6. Mr. Grieves
    7. Monkey Gone To Heaven
    8. Here Comes Your Man
    9. La La Love You
    10. Gouge Away
    11. There Goes My Gun
    12. I Bleed
    13. Crackity Jones
    14. Silver
    15. Dead
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Coldplayer;3116382 said:
    My rating:

    1. Plainsong
    2. Fascination Street
    3. Lovesong
    4. Untitled
    5. Homesick
    6. Lullaby
    7. Pictures Of You
    8. The Same Deep Water As You
    9. Closedown
    10. Prayers For Rain
    11. Disintegration
    you forgot last dance
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2009
    neckermanncj;3116406 said:
    you forgot last dance
    Oh, sorry!

    1. Plainsong
    2. Fascination Street
    3. Lovesong
    4. Untitled
    5. Homesick
    6. Last Dance
    7. Lullaby
    8. Pictures Of You
    9. The Same Deep Water As You
    10. Closedown
    11. Prayers For Rain
    12. Disintegration

    Also, your ten mofo - Things Change While Helium Listen To Everyone:

    1. I Think We May Be Alone Now
    2. In The Waiting Line
    3. Glamarous Thoughts Thought In A White Arctic Body Behind Someone Alone
    4. <3
    5. Things Change While Helium Listen To Everyone
    6. Rewind And Begin To Leave Used Thoughts Behind
    7. Are U Sleepy
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Alright_Computer;3116404 said:

    15. Dead
    this is probably your worst post ever.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited October 2009
    afterstasis;3116535 said:
    this is probably your worst post ever.
    It's like comparing apples to slightly less delicious apples, though... I never complain when I get the apple that's slightly less delicious. :)
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Dead is probably in my top 5 for that album.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2009
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited October 2009
    I agree with Debaser on top. Dead would be 5-6.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited October 2009
    Maybe last place was a bit harsh, but it's still in the bottom five songs or so for me.
  • overcookedbaconovercookedbacon Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Alright_Computer;3116404 said:
    My list is pretty different:

    1. Hey (best song evar)
    2. No. 13 Baby
    3. Debaser
    4. Wave of Mutilation
    5. Tame
    6. Mr. Grieves
    7. Monkey Gone To Heaven
    8. Here Comes Your Man
    9. La La Love You
    10. Gouge Away
    11. There Goes My Gun
    12. I Bleed
    13. Crackity Jones
    14. Silver
    15. Dead
    What the hell, I'll go with Doolittle too:

    1. No. 13 Baby
    2. Crackity Jones
    3. Monkey Gone To Heaven
    4. Wave Of Mutilation
    5. Mr. Grieves
    6. Hey
    7. Silver
    8. Dead
    9. Debaser
    10. Here Comes Your Man
    11. Gouge Away
    12. There Goes My Gun
    13. I Bleed
    14. La La Love You
    15. Tame

    And Surfer Rosa, because I can:
    0. "You F**ckin' Die...!"
    1. Gigantic
    2. Where Is My Mind?
    3. Break My Body
    4. Bone Machine
    5. Cactus
    6. Something Against You
    7. Brick Is Red
    8. Vamos
    9. Broken Face
    10. River Euphrates
    11. Oh My Golly!
    12. Tony's Theme
    13. I'm Amazed
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    afterstasis;3116714 said:
    dead's my favorite.
    Debaser would be mine, Dead would probably come in at 2 or 3.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

    1. Last Of My Kind
    2. Your Decision
    3. Black Gives Way To Blue
    4. Private Hell
    5. Check My Brain
    6. All Secrets Known
    7. A Looking In View
    8. Acid Bubble
    9. Lesson Learned
    10. When The Sun Rose Again
    11. Take Her Out
Sign In or Register to comment.