Choosing Stand-ins

AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Looking at the front page of the rock band site make me wonder if charters would be able to make specific stand-in characters more likely to appear in quick play mode. (like the bald guitar for rush or the long haired guitar for Boston). Does anyone know right now if this is even possible, I just can't see my music being sung by Buzzsaw or the Duke of Gravity.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    No, it's not possible. Those are always random. I've seen people mention on the forums that they tend to get certain characters when playing certain songs, but it's only coincidence.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty sure that you're more likely to get certain kinds of people when playing certain genres of music - e.g. if you're playing metal, you'll get metal characters, if you're playing punk, you'll get punk characters, and so on. I have noticed that for genres that don't have a specific type of character associated to them, you end up with completely random characters, which can lead to some pretty hilarious results. Just today, I had the metal chick playing drums to indie rock songs by TV on the Radio and Silversun Pickups.

These are just my observations, though. I might be completely off base. :)
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
  • BoondockerBoondocker Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    This would be a pretty easy thing to test (but very boring and time-consuming).
  • ATCMediaATCMedia Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Don't forget that the RBN songs will also be playable via "Make a Setlist" in World Tour mode, so you can play as your own band from within the game.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    ATCMedia;3116980 said:
    Don't forget that the RBN songs will also be playable via "Make a Setlist" in World Tour mode, so you can play as your own band from within the game.
    You can do that in Band Quickplay as well...
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    davidshek;3117653 said:
    Yes but in tour mode you can set the stand ins on instruments that aren't playing, so even if you are playing solo you can have your whole band on stage ;)
    edited October 2009
    davidshek;3117653 said:
    I can't. I can only play as my selected character. Stand-ins don't show up (I wish they would, it would be cool).
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    Boondocker;3118793 said:
    I can't. I can only play as my selected character. Stand-ins don't show up (I wish they would, it would be cool).
    As socrstopr already pointed out, thanks. I forgot this thread was about stand-ins when I wrote that. :p
    edited October 2009
    davidshek;3118854 said:
    As socrstopr already pointed out, thanks.
    Ah. Well, you see, I didn't see that, as I was composing my reply for 47 minutes. :o