3 down, 1 to go

AthenaBastAthenaBast Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I had to buy supper last night because the boyfriend came home with the Rickenbacker guitar.

Apparently the Gretsch is sold out around here. Hopefully only temporary. That's the one instrument I really really want.

Comments

• ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    AthenaBast;3117257 said:
    I had to buy supper last night because the boyfriend came home with the Rickenbacker guitar.

Apparently the Gretsch is sold out around here. Hopefully only temporary. That's the one instrument I really really want.
    Too much money for someone who already has two guitars :p
  • edited October 2009
    If you like the Rick, you will LOVE the Gretsch.

Why Wait?
  • AthenaBastAthenaBast Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3118070 said:
    If you like the Rick, you will LOVE the Gretsch.

Why Wait?
    I found the Rick more responsive because of less arm fatigue with the neck being shorter but I can't use the whammy bar as easily as I can on Hofner.
  • MonsterZeroMonsterZero Banned
    edited October 2009
    $100 is alot of money for a plastic replica. I've looked at them many times but put it back because I don't need anymore guitars. They look great but I got my Limited Ed set and I'm happy with my Hoff.

Sweet sucess with the Rick anywho!

Hey what was for dinner anyway?
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    £90 is a LOT of money to pay for a Rock Band controller, in my opinion. If the £90 included the game, pricing the guitar at about 50, that would stll be expensive, but not unreasonable.

Oh well, my money will still be going to HMX and Apple, because I love the remasters and the game ever so much.
  • ktmasonktmason Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    You know, I am wondering why HMX didn't put out a guitar pack like GH does. While I HATE GH, I always thought that their marketing made sense--at least in this area.
  • KegganKeggan Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Got the Gretsch as my gift to myself. Love it
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    AthenaBast;3118221 said:
    I found the Rick more responsive because of less arm fatigue with the neck being shorter but I can't use the whammy bar as easily as I can on Hofner.
    http://huntr.shellshed.org/strik.JPG

Its the same scale as a Standard RB Strat
    What you may be experiencing is the effect caused by the lower curve on the body... it is "forward" of where the Strat curve is
    When you play sitting with the curve on your knee / leg the guitar is in a little tighter to your body so it seems "smaller"
    I have noticed the same effect.. although to a lesser degree... when playing standing which I believe is due to the oddly placed upper strap button

The guitar and fretboard are in fact the same scale as Strats.... but the whammy is shorter than any other RB guitar I have