Lefty Flip for drum/guitar programming?

SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Is there a way in the software to tell it you're programming the lefty flip? It's really hard to think right handed for flow. I drum left handed but guitar right and found doing the Beatles authenticity achievement made me get out a mirror.

Re-transcribing the whole thing will be a PITA, just wondering if that feature is already there

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    Nope, you just author your chart once; there aren't two separate charts for normal/lefty flip. Actually, Audition Mode does not have a lefty flip option either.
  • edited October 2009
    trg007;3118199 said:
    Actually, Audition Mode does not have a lefty flip option either.
    What? that's wrong. It's in the pause menu.
    You've been playing too much Beatles. ;)
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    HMXEnosity;3118530 said:
    What? that's wrong. It's in the pause menu.
    You've been playing too much Beatles. ;)
    Whoops, you're right. TB:RB certainly has spoiled us with all its new features. :)
  • SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Nope, you just author your chart once; there aren't two separate charts for normal/lefty flip. Actually, Audition Mode does not have a lefty flip option either.
    You're missing what I'm asking. I'm asking if the plug-in for reaper can be told that I'm making the drum track in left hand mode, because my drumming brain "thinks left". Then it will automatically flip it on render.

On fast song's it's a lot of effort to have to go in and take what I've written and re-transcribe it just to flip it around for the default right handed notes.

That make sense?
  • edited October 2009
    SwordofWhedon;3118739 said:
    You're missing what I'm asking. I'm asking if the plug-in for reaper can be told that I'm making the drum track in left hand mode, because my drumming brain "thinks left".
    No it can't
    edited October 2009
    Well, I suggest it for a future feature then :)
  • edited October 2009
    note taken.. Question - If you could change the colors of the midi notes in Reaper, would that help you?
    edited October 2009
    Well, since I have no experience as of yet using the RB plugins on Reaper, I'd have to get back to you on that to be sure. The big thing is the flow. Even though from the pics it's horizontal, when I'm laying it out based on my experiments just playing along on my RB guitar to the song I'm going to chart, I'm still thinking flow. I'd still have to transpose a tom roll to the left as one to the right and so on.

After thinking about it a bit, probably the best way to handle things might be the ability to flip the colors combined with a button in Magma (created in Left hand mode) that when the track is rendered it automatically flips the track for the master. That way it's "normal" on the final render.
  • edited October 2009
    Well, once the Reaper plugin is released, check it out. The one thing that I can do is create a custom color map to change the midi colors for lefty drummers. There isn't a way of changing the order of position though.
    edited October 2009
    Will do, I'll come back once I've had a chance to experiment. I'd be happy to give the color map a go. Thanks!
    edited October 2009
    After playing with charting, I think I'm just going to have to reverse by hand. Reversing colors isn't going to help, but I can see why it would be very hard to do it in reaper (and maybe magma, if it's just a big multiplexer)

Adding it in there would probably solve the problem, but I understand there are bigger fish to fry right now
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah, due to how we read the midi file, It would take a lot of coding time to do this. Reversing your midi notes for the pads is your best bet.

I've included a special Lefty Flip Drums Color Map for you anyway.
    just replace the file in a directory you have that looks similar to:
    C:\Program Files\REAPER\ColorThemes\Default

It may overwrite the color maps for other instruments though so save the default one that comes with REAPER to another location.
    157 x 130 - 19K