ION drum fix?

SagemindSagemind Opening Act
edited October 2009 in Rock Band
I heard about the fact that your pads could start overhitting if you didn't switch them around. Well, strangely, as soon as I switched them around I started experiencing overhit problems. It's gotten to the point where I can't play a song without overhitting once or twice.

I've tried switching the pads around and it seems to work for an hour, but then it gets worse. Is there any sort of fix for this? I REALLY don't want to buy new pads, such as the Mylars. Help?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    Sagemind;3118133 said:
    I heard about the fact that your pads could start overhitting if you didn't switch them around. Well, strangely, as soon as I switched them around I started experiencing overhit problems. It's gotten to the point where I can't play a song without overhitting once or twice.

I've tried switching the pads around and it seems to work for an hour, but then it gets worse. Is there any sort of fix for this? I REALLY don't want to buy new pads, such as the Mylars. Help?
    Switch them back. It sounds like you didn't have any problems before trying to shift your pads around, so put them back.

I don't know where you heard that overhitting thing, but it's not true.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    i switch my covers around only to keep the bungly rubber mess equal on each rubber cover. Never switched the pad itself and i have no problems!!
  • Darktech_KellyDarktech_Kelly Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    The foam under the rubber pads wears down over time, and I had to add some freakin' kitchen napkins in there to keep the rubber from flapping a bit. I never experienced multi-hits but man you'd think they would have added stiffer foam in there.

My yellow tom's foam looks like Godzilla stomped on it. And seriously, I'm not playing that hard. The yellow just seems to get all the "love". haha!