Lost in the Crawlspace RBN Song Free Download

jtobiskajtobiska Unsigned
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
UPDATE: Video now available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDq5lWsBRY (please keep in mind it's a work in progress and is currently in Playtest on RBN)

For anyone who's interested, Lost in the Crawlspace's song, "Spyglass," which is coming to RBN via Rhythm Authors, is available for free download on our official site (along with 2 of our older songs):

( Warning: It's not metal... not even close ;) )

http://lostinthecrawlspace.com/index.php?option=com_songs&Itemid=47

You can listen to the songs directly on the site via our audio player, or download them by right-clicking the "download" link next to each of the tracks below the player and selecting "Save link as."

We hope you enjoy them!

Comments

• G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Sounds pretty good! You sold one copy :p
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    jtobiska;3118255 said:
    ( Warning: It's not metal... not even close ;) )
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :)

I listened to "Spyglass" and "Something to Say" one time each. It sounded like the vocalist was ever so slightly off pitch from the instrumentation in a few spots in Spyglass, but I didn't notice that problem in Something to Say. Granted, I listened on the crappy PC speakers at work and not my usual headphones that I have at home [insert Miranda Cosgrove joke here].
  • jtobiskajtobiska Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    trg007;3119031 said:
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :)
    Not at all :) I just remember seeing a few posts on here where someone posted some music and a couple of the first responses were "it's not metal, but..." so I figured I'd beat everyone to the punch :D

Thanks for listening, and for posting your thoughts!
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited October 2009
    This is actually quite good. You have a new fan.

<-------------- This guy.
    edited October 2009
    Glad you liked the track! Thanks for taking the time to listen to it and post about it.

Depending on how "Spyglass" is received on RBN we may consider the possibility of releasing a full album on RBN early next year.
  • dj1slydj1sly Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Thanks man you have a new fan spyglass is freaking awesom can't wait to play this on rock band.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Compared to most no name bands coming to rock band that isn't metal your one of the better. Possible purchase. I would have gone with something to say though seems to fit the vocalist and music better.
    edited October 2009
    Thanks dj1sly! Glad to have you as a fan!!

General Lein979, thanks for the honest comments. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to the song and give your feedback.
    General Lein979 said:
    I would have gone with something to say though
    Interestingly enough, "Something to Say" (and "Play the Game") were actually accepted by Rhythm Authors before we even sent in "Spyglass." Unfortunately as fate would have it, due to some unexpected data corruption our original master files for those songs are long gone. We tried to recover them using just about every available option out there, but in the end we had to accept defeat :(

On the bright side we were able to get "Spyglass" done and sent in to Rhythm Authors, and we feel very fortunate to have even one song going into RBN.

Personally "Spyglass" is my favorite of our songs, but to each their own :)
  • TheyAreNextTheyAreNext Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I'll be sure to check this out later on when it's not 7:37AM and I can listen to it properly through my sound system without waking up the neighbours.
    edited October 2009
    For anyone who's interested...

If you would like a digital copy of the album cover art for "Spyglass" (hot off the presses this week) to go with your mp3, it's now available on our official web site:

www.lostinthecrawlspace.com
  • Lylax_9Lylax_9 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    It's actually a very good song! I wish it would come to the Wii, but I can't buy it because I don't have RB2 for the 360, although I do own one. Also, how do you submit a song to Rhythm Authors?
    edited October 2009
    Thanks Lylax_9! Glad to hear you liked it.

If you go to the Rhythm Authors website (www.rhythmauthors.com) and scroll down to the bottom of the page there's a link to their song submission page. The song submission page has instructions about how to submit your songs.
    edited May 2010
    An "unofficial" video of the RBN track "Spyglass" is now available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDq5lWsBRY

Don't worry, we got permission to post it :) Please note that the track is currently in Playtest (needs playtesters, hint hint) and is a work in progress. The final version may differ from this video.

Thanks to Rhythm Authors for doing such an incredible job with this track!!!!