Any particular reason why everyone hates I Want You (She's so Heavy)

instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Today I played a very long sessions of online TBRB, with me on drums. I had a few very good sessions with four players, one that lasted well over an hour. I finally decide to pick I Want You (She's so Heavy)... and everyone leaves. That definitely doesn't seem very "sportsman" like, considering everyone gets a turn to pick a song.

Just a little rant, I just have no idea why this song seems to be so disliked. Almost the Visions of TBRB.

Comments

• biglou114biglou114 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I've never particularly enjoyed the song in the first place (and I have excuses to like almost every other Beatles song). The song annoys me because it seems like very lazy songwriting; repetitive lyrics and melody. The other fact is that it is just too darn long. I also feel like the whole group was bored while performing it (i.e. lack of energy on the track)
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    WeeJay;3120322 said:
    incredibly repetitive.....
    I actually think the song is very varied, with the exception of the last minute or so.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I absolutely love the song, but it's not exactly lightning in a bottle for a rhythm game. I'm more than happy to play it any time it's selected myself though. Even on vocals... it gives me more excuse to hum the guitar parts, close my eyes and wobble around like an idiot.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I love the Santana-esque sound of the song, and I always have - but as a vocalist, it isn't the most interesting song on the disk to play. Still, I don't quit when someone picks it (I just take a break for the second half).
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    To me, it goes into the "Epic 7+ minute songs with an awesome instrumental ending" list.

It's epic. However, I do agree that it's annoying to listen to the instrumental EVERY TIME. I normally skip it when I'm listening to Abbey Road when it starts the instrumental, because I want to get to the medley quickly. =3
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I love I Want You (She's so Heavy). its awesome to play. i love playing long songs
  • gershwin_27gershwin_27 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    instantdeath999;3120186 said:
    Today I played a very long sessions of online TBRB, with me on drums. I had a few very good sessions with four players, one that lasted well over an hour. I finally decide to pick I Want You (She's so Heavy)... and everyone leaves. That definitely doesn't seem very "sportsman" like, considering everyone gets a turn to pick a song.

Just a little rant, I just have no idea why this song seems to be so disliked. Almost the Visions of TBRB.

I'm very surprised that it took well over an hour for your group to pick I Want You (She's So Heavy).

I don't hate the song, but it's not my favorite. And although it might be my least favorite in the game, I still think it's a great song.

I've never quit because I didn't like the song that was chosen, but I do let out a sigh of disappointment to myself when someone chooses this paticular song.

The reason being, from my experience, it seems to be chosen more often than any other song. Which is why I am surprised by your experience.

Perhaps the three you were hooked up with have found the same thing to be true, and they are tired of having it chosen?
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    people are in general.. pretty ignorant...

is the first thing that comes to mind....

I must admit tho.. I have not encountered this
  • edited October 2009
    I love it. Its a BLAST on drums
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    It really is a fantastic song, but it's just one of the many that should have been included with the upcoming album DLC rather on disc ::cough:: Octopus's Garden :: cough::
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It's not boring on vocals, for a while, you get to just watch the others. It's only boring on guitar
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    mobhit101;3120575 said:
    It really is a fantastic song, but it's just one of the many that should have been included with the upcoming album DLC rather on disc ::cough:: Octopus's Garden :: cough::
    I'm not sure I follow you... Octopus's Garden is very accessible, decently popular, represents Ringo, and is very fun on all four instruments.
  • Taxman999253Taxman999253 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    The same thing happens to me. Every time I or someone else picks it, the remaining members leave. Yet people don't leave when somebody chooses 10 songs for a setlist. I always leave if somebody does that. That's just being selfish.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited October 2009
    Good to listen to. Not fun to play the same thing for extended periods of time.
  • KappassahKappassah Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    instantdeath999;3120676 said:
    I'm not sure I follow you... Octopus's Garden is very accessible, decently popular, represents Ringo, and is very fun on all four instruments.
    But that's just it...nobody actually likes Ringo.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I like the song, but I don't like playing it as a vocalist.
    Some parts are too low for me and I have to switch octaves on and off.. it gets a little annoying.
    Also, people only seem to pick the song because of the "million points" thing. Seriously, you can get a friggin million on Ticket To Ride. Just saying.
    If I play I Want You (She's So Heavy), I want to play it because I want to play it. Not because it's most likely to get a million points because it's so long.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Kappassah;3120702 said:
    And then they say ignorance is bliss...
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited October 2009
  • Lawl01Lawl01 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    So what if it is awesome, it doesn't mean its a good pick for this type of game.

I Want You (She's So Heavy) is the Green Grass and High Tides of TB:RB; long, repetitive, and fun on select instrument(s).
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Kappassah;3120702 said:
    You seem to never have seen the thread: "Ringo is Talented".
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Kappassah;3120702 said:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160251&highlight=Ringo+talented

I prove you wrong
  • Dr._Frasier_CraneDr._Frasier_Crane Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    It's a great song, but it just isn't very fun in RB, especially for vocalists. On the other instruments, it's very repetitve and not particularly challenging. It really should have been saved for the Abbey Road DLC. The rooftop didn't need another song (as it already had 5) and another song (like All My Loving, I Should Have Known Better, or I'm A Loser) could have been added to the Ed Sullivan chapter to make the story more balanced. To me, it's the one mistake that was made in an otherwise spectacular game.
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Everyone hates it because the bass is "overpowered." (reference to another thread)

The bass line is so damn fun in this song though, in all seriousness.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Its one of my favorite Beatles songs and a favorite in the game too. I don't play it that often though.
  • thebutlerthebutler Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I love this song as well, but I can understand where a few people are coming from. Yes, it does drag on a bit too long, and that's probably the reason why.

I play all instruments, but I vox practically most of the time because there never seems to be vocalists online, and I like to have a full band playing. I know there's a huge chunk of the song where there's nothing for the vocalist to sing, but I don't mind it one single bit. I don't understand why some are complaining about that. Its fun, and relaxing, to just sit back and watch the rest of the band play. Maybe its just me, but I certainly enjoy it.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Also, for people complaining that the end part is too long - come on, the final instrumental stretch is what, 3 1/2 minutes long? That might be long by Beatles standards, but in the world of endless repetitive jamming, it is but a trifle.
  • chumsicleschumsicles Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I've had one person leave when I picked this song before

The fact that there's no singing for the last 3 minutes or so gives me a chance to take a break and do other stuff while everyone else is playing on.

They really should have put this in Abbey Road and not the rooftop though
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    This song really divides people it seems. I love the song because of it's long epic feel and frequently use it as a closer for the night. It just has a great blues feel to it that I feel makes it work well for the game.

Those who say it is boring at the end are obviously not playing the bass or the drums because those are the hardest parts of the song for those instruments. I guess all the guitarists who play these games are mad because they have to be the ones to sit back for once while the other instruments go crazy lol.
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    chumsicles;3121737 said:
    They really should have put this in Abbey Road and not the rooftop though
    Yeah, I wish they had a dreamscape for that song and any other song (I Me Mine) that wasn't actually played during the rooftop performance. They wouldn't even have to do a dreamscape, just make it a video of them playing in the studio.
  • mysticnejimysticneji Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I love playing this song. On everything, well except vocals but that's only because I haven't tried it yet. Bass is the best instrument to play this song on though. Then Drums and then guitar. I don't care how boring guitar gets at the end, I play it at least 3 times a night if I'm doing guitar.