HO/PO problem (at least in the preview)

VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I'm getting stuff looking like this... Are those just non-hopo in the preview or are they gonna be like that in-game?

Thanks!

Comments

• socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Vedicardi;3124689 said:
    I'm getting stuff looking like this... Are those just non-hopo in the preview or are they gonna be like that in-game?

Thanks!
    The preview window still has some bugs, do not be alarmed. Everything should work just fine in the game.

EDIT: Those are 16th notes, right? Couldn't tell due to your selected quantization. May I also suggest going to View in your midi editor and selecting 'named notes'. Might make things easier to see for you :)
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    socrstopr;3125072 said:
    EDIT: Those are 16th notes, right? Couldn't tell due to your selected quantization.
    It looks like they're supposed to be 16th notes, but some of them extend way over the line(s).
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    they are 24ths

16t in the editor
    edited October 2009
    Vedicardi;3125355 said:
    they are 24ths

16t in the editor
    Then yes, those should certainly work fine in the game. The preview window is just a bit fussy with HOPO's, so trust your instinct on those for now.
  • KaemonKaemon Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    If you feel like you definitely don't want them as HOPO, just extend a "Forced HOPO off" thing over them.
    edited October 2009
    socrstopr;3126400 said:
    Then yes, those should certainly work fine in the game. The preview window is just a bit fussy with HOPO's, so trust your instinct on those for now.
    Thanks. Think they'll ever update/fix it?
  • edited October 2009
    Yup! The fix is on our list for the next update.
    edited October 2009
    that's great to hear. Thanks.

one last question, will the update have notes with forced hopos show up as hopos in the preview, or sixteenth notes between chords?
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It's been working fine for me so far. It took me a little bit to figure out the Force HOPO On/Off commands, since it seems they have to go over both notes where the HOPO would take place between.
  • LyokoFreaksLyokoFreaks Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    DavyinaToga;3132513 said:
    It's been working fine for me so far. It took me a little bit to figure out the Force HOPO On/Off commands, since it seems they have to go over both notes where the HOPO would take place between.
    Are you sure? I thought the force note only had to go over the note that would actually be hammered on. This is how I did it for my customs and that worked on the RB2 engine.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    That's how I got it to work for me in the preview window. I didn't have anywhere near the problems OP was having with his/her preview window, so I'm not too worried about it if it's wrong. I'm on a Mac (that have their own plugin download for Reaper), which might make the difference between OP's dysfunctional preview and my maybe-defunct preview.

EDIT: VV BAM! VV I got my answer. Thanks for the help, socrstopr
    edited October 2009
    LyokoFreaks;3132572 said:
    Are you sure? I thought the force note only had to go over the note that would actually be hammered on. This is how I did it for my customs and that worked on the RB2 engine.
    It only needs to be above the note you want forced for the game. The preview window, however, will display them properly if you have it over both notes. *DO NOT DO THIS* or your charts will play terribly in game, it is simply a bug in the preview window.
    edited October 2009
    great to know, thanks for that