10-09-09 And Still Not Bored

Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Happy One Month Birthday, TB:RB! Just realized I've been playing it for a month, and I'm still enjoying it as much (or even more) than I did on Day 1. These songs never get old for me: I've loved them since the 60's, and I'm still loving them now! :)

Comments

• AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    As I type I'm playing RB2.

Its nothing wrong with the Beatles, but the two months before the game came out I absolutely OD'd on The Beatles, died and gone to musical heaven. Well I played TB:RB last night cause I was listened to Love on the train home, and just had to play Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Fantastic game, doesn't get boring quickly, can't wait for DLC, I'll be back for good then
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I'm still enjoying it, but not quite as much on Day 1. I'm really, really excited though to play the upcoming DLC, though. I'm sure that will always rekindle my interest.
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I'm not bored of the game. Then again I don't play it very often, or any video games for that matter. When I do play though, I enjoy it.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited October 2009
    i was bored with this game after 3 days and lent it to a friend. He still has it, and i'm probably trading it in next week for either brutal legend or more microsoft points.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    game is still awesome
  • rayrox222rayrox222 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I'm enjoying tons of replay value in TB:RB. Getting a mic stand to sing and play an instrument adds a ton of depth to it. I can do bass/vocals best, am ok with guitar/vocals, and struggle the most with drums/vocals, but this gives me a lot to work on do to better on the available songs.

When I have friends over another level of depth is learning the harmony parts well enough that we can score some double or even triple fabs depending on how good my friends are. Rock Band 1 and 2 songs were never so fun to sing and harmonies in those games were non-existent. The fact we're filling in the gaps for 3 whole Beatles albums by the end of this year makes me over the top excited about The Beatles: Rock Band DLC. I'm really hoping we'll get the rest of the Let it Be album eventually.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I play it every single day, I can't get enough.

And I got rid of Rock Band 2. Don't miss it one bit.
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I'm back to RB2 for the most part. The album DLC will bring me back in a couple weeks though.

Just wish we had some of those BRB features in RB2 - unpause countdown, better friends leaderboard sorting/visibilty, etc.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Andyy;3133244 said:
    As I type I'm playing RB2.

Its nothing wrong with the Beatles, but the two months before the game came out I absolutely OD'd on The Beatles, died and gone to musical heaven. Well I played TB:RB last night cause I was listened to Love on the train home, and just had to play Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Fantastic game, doesn't get boring quickly, can't wait for DLC, I'll be back for good then
    I still play RB2 (one of my all time favorites), but I was thinking about how there are a couple of dozen RB2 songs (half of them DLC) that I play nearly every time, but nowhere near as much as I've played most of the Beatles' song lineup. I'm getting incredible replay value out of those same 45 tracks, plus (for a Beatles fan) booting up the game is like entering a very lively, friendly, well-produced Beatles park: Makes me smile every time.

RB2 is an amazing game, and DLC will keep it fresh and fun for a long time to come. I'm just amazed that I've played a lot of TB:RB songs almost every night, and still keep coming back for more. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who feel the same way about certain bands in RB2.

I totally agree about Beatles DLC: Can't wait!
  • Opus PenguinOpus Penguin Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I've been playing it daily and still enjoying it! My kids are even asking me to play (one doesn't even care for the Beatles).
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I've been back to RB2 since 9/15. Guess I'm not a big enough Beatles fan.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    The disc hasn't left my Xbox since 9/9/09.

A whole month, just on vocals. I'm aiming to GS everything (not gonna happen).

And I'm going to get drums as well, so that's a whole other gameplay element to do.

And with the lovely Abbey Road (listening to the remaster as I type, Oh! Darling is win) coming as DLC, I won't get bored quickly.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I'm still having fun with it, especially with the vocal harmonies, but I need DLC stat.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    You must be pretty insecure about it.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I only played it for about two weeks but it'll be back in next Tuesday for the daytripper achievo and then the following Tuesday for selections from Abbey Road.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited October 2009
    I had my fun with the game, and I`m sure it will be a regular at our parties, but playing it solo is not much fun for me anymore when RB2 is still getting songs every week.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I'm not playing it as much as Day 1, but I play it every day. There are some newer DLC tracks I have for RB2 that I still haven't played yet, because I keep going back to playing TBRB.
  • BonzesBonzes Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    We are still playing it (TB RB) everyday since day one! It's kind of funny I wasn't as much of a Beatles fan as I was their music (growing up) But I love playing their songs... we still enjoy it alot. I do understand how people say they like RB2... cause I also love that game....it was my favorite before TB RB. I do keep saying we need to play some RB2 and check out the new DLC...just haven't gotten around to it yet! But I know we will eventually :)
  • Twon58Twon58 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'm still in love with the game. I play it all the time. Maybe not as excited every time i play it like 9/9/09, but i still love playin it. and when abbey road comes out i think its gonna feel like 9/9/09 all over again. Im so pumped for the album, just picked up a $50 PSN card so im set to go for the next 3 months. Buying that card basically restarted all the excitement i had when i heard about the DLC coming out. Its gonna be a blast.
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I still love the game, but with so many great tracks for RB2 lately it's tough to fit it in. 10/20/09 is going to make it fresh again, but with Queen releasing the same day, it's going to be a tough to decide what to play first.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    NoThru22;3133678 said:
    I only played it for about two weeks but it'll be back in next Tuesday for the daytripper achievo and then the following Tuesday for selections from Abbey Road.
    You sure have your stuff planned out.
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I'll get the game first, with some 20$ PSN Cards, for the DLC. When I finally get it, I'll invite my friends over to play Story, and then Abbey Road (entirely, of course!), then Rubber Soul, and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band . But it'd depend, if Rubber Soul has been already released by that time. It's going to be a while before I get the LE, my only worry is that it's sold out by that time.
  • OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited October 2009
    Sorry I can't play the same game with only 45 songs without DLC for a month straight and not get bored of it. Played each song 2-3 times and am mostly completely bored of it.
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    mva5580;3133292 said:

why? stupidest mistake ever

and again why?

anywho The Beatles game ahs defientely wained in interest although i play it about once a week, it is still very enjoyable
  • Lawl01Lawl01 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    mva5580;3133292 said:

Variety ftl.

I got kind of bored it already. I've been playing a lot more RB2 these last two weeks. I'm the kind of person that needs something difficult once in a while or else I'll just let the game sit there. Only thing I've been playing on TB:RB lately is vocals, since my friend let me borrow his mic.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I've only played Rock Band 2 twice since TBRB came out. I will play the crap out of the Queen songs, but then go right back to Beatles with Abbey Road. Definitely not bored with it.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I play it nearly everyday. I'd say it's my favorite game because the Beatles are my favorite band and I love Rock Band. I'm not playing it as much as the first few weeks I had it, but once I download the rest of Abbey Road on 10/20, I'll be playing it a lot more.
  • Keld0rKeld0r Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    the dlc will freshen it up. i found my skills on guitar/bass decline a bit after playing only beatles rock band for about 3 weeks. went back to rb2 and failed on sex on fire expert guitar (cough, ouch) so i think i need to find a better balance.