Audition Mode

macronerdmacronerd Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
My apologies if this has been discussed before but I did search the forums and couldn't find an answer. I am trying to get into Audition mode and I keep getting the "You must be connected to XBOX Live and have an XNA account message." However, I do have both. I have a Gold XBL account and a Premium XNA account and they are linked in XNA. Is there something I am missing that isn't allowing Audition mode to start?

Thanks in advance,
Tobey

Comments

• BillyBlaze314BillyBlaze314 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    If you just got the xna membership, it usually takes a little while for it to go into effect. Probably just give it some time and try again
  • macronerdmacronerd Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Kinda wondered if that might be the case. It does show the XNA membership under the Memberships category on my XBOX (in the System Settings panel) but Rock Band doesn't seem to be seeing it yet.

Thanks for the input.
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah, I heard of this happening to other people too. It can take up to 24hours in some cases before you can access Audition Mode.
    edited October 2009
    HMXEnosity;3134662 said:
    Yeah, I heard of this happening to other people too. It can take up to 24hours in some cases before you can access Audition Mode.
    Son of a mother!! I have a Rock Band party tonight and I wanted to get my song on there

Oh the agony...
    edited October 2009
    Sweet, just kicked in. Oh yeah...
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    macronerd;3134862 said:
    Sweet, just kicked in. Oh yeah...
    Great! Good news for the party.

I also wanted to chime in and say that I had the very same problem today: took about an hour after getting the XNA Premium membership for it to "kick in".

(Sometimes it's important to note these problems and "quirks" even *after* they're resolved, so that people in a similar bind can find the thread later... *if* they bother to use the forum search, that is! ;) )

Cheers,
    - m
    edited October 2009
    Markleford;3134890 said:
    Great! Good news for the party.

I also wanted to chime in and say that I had the very same problem today: took about an hour after getting the XNA Premium membership for it to "kick in".

(Sometimes it's important to note these problems and "quirks" even *after* they're resolved, so that people in a similar bind can find the thread later... *if* they bother to use the forum search, that is! ;) )

Cheers,
    - m
    Definitely great timing. I agree with the bit about posting the "fix" because I had I seen this on a previous thread then obviously I wouldn't of asked.

Thanks again all!

ROCK ON
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Also, just a note:

You can't actually put your song into the setlists through audition mode.
    So if you want to play your own song, you'd have to exit the gameplay, go into audition mode, go to your computer, and resend it through magma to get it in.
    edited October 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3135127 said:
    You can't actually put your song into the setlists through audition mode...
    I just noticed that. Does that mean the song will only be in the setlist once it is submitted to the store (You would think you would get your own song for free...)
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    macronerd;3135145 said:
    I just noticed that. Does that mean the song will only be in the setlist once it is submitted to the store (You would think you would get your own song for free...)
    Once the store is up and it's in, yes.
    But you need to purchase your own songs, as you can probably tell.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    macronerd;3135145 said:
    I don't think there will be any way of getting your songs for free. You'll have to buy them. There was actually a thread about that not too long ago.
  • Yep you have to pay for your song
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Wow, a 4.5 year old thread reply!