No gems between overdrive phrases?

RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:xxxx.mid (PART GUITAR): No gems between overdrive phrases from 6:1:000-7:4:000 and 22:1:000-24:1:000 in medium difficulty
I'm getting a lot of these errors. It's only showing them for the medium and hard difficulties. I don't understand. Can someone help me?
251 x 280 - 18K
reaper1.jpg 17.5K

Comments

• socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Are you sure you are exporting the midi and compiling the correct one? If you renamed your rpp file, it might be exporting the midi to a new name and you haven't selected the new file in Magma. From your picture everything should be fine (except that your hard and medium charts have extra notes compared to expert, and all 3 are practically identical which almost definitely needs to be changed, but this has nothing to do with the compiling).

Really not sure what's goin on there O_o
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I'm sure. I didn't rename the rpp file. For now, I just took out the overdrive markers completely and it's fine. Obviously I'll need to put them back in eventually. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what the problem is later though.

I just quickly put in notes for all the difficulties after getting this error, trying to keep that from happening. It's weird because it doesn't have an issue with the expert and easy charts, just medium and hard.
  • ChilChil Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Is there a break in the music at 7.4.00 where the guitar doesn't come back until 22.1.00? From the wording of the error it seems you essentially have two overdrive phrases in a row, which isn't allowed.
  • BHostyleBHostyle Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I had the exact same problem when I tried to add overdrive to my guitar track. What you need to do is make sure that on all dificulties you have a note within the overdrive section as well as in between overdrive sections. Put a note at 8.1.00 and you will be good to go.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    BHostyle;3141939 said:
    I had the exact same problem when I tried to add overdrive to my guitar track. What you need to do is make sure that on all dificulties you have a note within the overdrive section as well as in between overdrive sections. Put a note at 8.1.00 and you will be good to go.
    I don't think he can just add notes to his song if they don't exist :p

But yes, I do believe chil was correct about this. I never thought about it that way, because I don't think I've ever seen anything in the docs about not placing two phrases next to each other, and I've never tried it.