[music_start] placement never matters?

DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I was testing out my song and playing with the [music_start] event because I wanted a measure of space before the music started but it seems no matter where I put the [music_start] event it always starts as soon as the note highway is shown on the screen.

I mean this seems normal, but I just want this clarified. Does it not matter where the [music_start] event is placed so long it is placed before [music_end]?

Thanks.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    Those events turn on/off the crowd cheering/booing.
    The [music_start] and [music_end] events transition into and out of the looping crowd audio system that is driven by the player’s crowd meter. These events also trigger a crowd cheer one time sound effect, so they should be placed where a crowd would recognize the song and just after the last note of a song respectively.
  • DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    o ok. thank you very much
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    trg007;3142739 said:
    Those events turn on/off the crowd cheering/booing.
    From our docs:

"The [music_start] and [music_end] events transition into and out of the looping crowd audio system that is driven by the player’s crowd meter. These events also trigger a crowd cheer one time sound effect, so they should be placed where a crowd would recognize the song and just after the last note of a song respectively."