Dry vox not matching MIDI notes...

WhilsmitheWhilsmithe Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Magma has been spitting this error:

ERROR: Vocal Scoring Compiler: Failed to generate vocal weights; dry vox audio does not appear to match the vocal notes authored in the MIDI file
Vocal Scoring Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Weights compiler failed.

I have done everything I could to the dry vox file and the MIDI notes, I've played them in unison with not a single pitch off yet it still keeps doing this. Both the dry vox and vocal midi notes are all completely lined up. Is there any workaround for this so I can test the vocals in my song?

I did try to just use the wet vocals file, but that was also a no go. I did manage to do another song perfectly fine, using a wet file for my dry vox. Magma just doesn't like this one song.

Comments

• BillyBlaze314BillyBlaze314 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    If you're desperate, you could try recording your own dry vocals track. It is not built into the RBA file and will not be heard in game, it's just used for scoring, weighting, and lip syncing.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    You also have to make sure that the beginning of the guide track is at the beginning of the song itself. If you created silence at the beginning of your track to accommodate more time for count-ins and whatnot, you'll need to insert this same amount of silence in the file itself: simply sliding over the audio clip itself isn't sufficient.

- m
  • edited October 2009
    Whilsmithe;3143225 said:
    ERROR: Vocal Scoring Compiler: Failed to generate vocal weights; dry vox audio does not appear to match the vocal notes authored in the MIDI file
    Vocal Scoring Compiler: Done.
    ERROR: Project Compiler: Weights compiler failed.
    Usually this error means that your Midi notes do not closely match your audio. It may also mean that your dry vox file does not line up with your Part Vocals audio file.
  • spineraptorspineraptor Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I am also getting this error.
    I have tried to take out all of the vocals in the audio files and mini notes except for one verse, but I still get the error.
    I am not sure what else to do. The midi notes line up perfectly with the audio. The dry vocals have the right amount of space before them and sync up with the rest of the song.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I am just really bad at authoring vocals and the midi notes weren't authored right.
    I don't have any examples of what it should look like, but they're all on the right pitches and start and end on the vowel sounds.
  • spineraptorspineraptor Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I somehow just fixed this error for myself.
    I am not sure why this worked, but I noticed that I had rendered my dry vocals as mono 16000Hz 24bit.
    I changed them to mono 16000Hz 16bit and the errors went away.
    This is strange, because Magma never gave me any errors about my dry vocals being in the wrong format.
    I think it had something to do with not reselecting newly rendered files.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Ah, that's odd! I know that Magma will catch a wrong sample rate (I initially had mine at 44.1k), but I suppose the bit-depth isn't checked for mismatch?

- m
  • edited October 2009
    I just checked and that's a known bug.

If you receive the error at the top of this thread it's a good chance you're dryvox file hasn't been saved as 16000Hz 16bit
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    We did add an error in Magma that catches sample rate, apparently we forgot to do the same thing for bit depth.
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    HMXMister_Game;3187235 said:
    We did add an error in Magma that catches sample rate, apparently we forgot to do the same thing for bit depth.
    Oh, you silly forgetful man!
    *smacks HMXMister_Game across the head*
    NOW FIX IT AND MAYBE I'LL LET YOU OUT OF YOUR CAGE