Saving text events

EliminatorEliminator Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I'm trying to add the [music_start], [music_end], and [end] events to my EVENTS midi, but every time I close the editor (and re-open it), the text events disappear. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: As with GuitarDude, it only happens in EVENTS, my GUITAR text events save just fine.

Comments

• GuitarDude5321GuitarDude5321 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I was having this problem too with the EVENTS file, still not sure why it was happening or what I did to solve it. I just kept trying and eventually it stuck. Perhaps it's a bug? I didn't have problems with text events disappearing in any of the other files.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009

Ignore the red arrow, this is a pic I used in another thread, but in the bottom left you see 'Text Events' in the dropdown. Is this the case in your Events track or is something else selected? That's the only thing I can think of right now.
  • EliminatorEliminator Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Yes, that is the case. Also, I put an EVENTS track name event and it saved that, but not the [music_start] event I added.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Eliminator;3148361 said:
    Yes, that is the case. Also, I put an EVENTS track name event and it saved that, but not the [music_start] event I added.
    Hmm, when you try to place the [music_start], are you selecting 'text event' from the dropdown menu *in* the event adding window as well? the EVENTS track name should have selected 'track name' from this list, and it will 'remember' your last choice if you don't change it. If reaper thinks you are adding multiple track names, it might be deleting the extra ones when you close the window.
    edited October 2009
    Yes, I made sure that I am selecting "text event" in the dropdown menu as well.
    edited October 2009
    I got my text events in EVENTS to stick!

The solution was to add a MIDI note for each text event. Though - will MIDI notes in the events midi cause errors when I try to import it in MAGMA?
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Are you sure you're saving the 'text event' as a 'text event'? I wonder if you may be saving the text event as a Lyric or something else (if you have the RBN-friendly option on in your preferences, Lyrics have to be attached to a MIDI note, which may be an issue..
    edited October 2009
    No, I'm saving it as a "text event"

But I deleted all the notes, and the text events stuck, when they wouldn't before. Weird.