Help! Can't enter Story Mode with Guitar

Jack-o-lanternJack-o-lantern Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hope there's a simple solution; I'm not the most technically savvy.

I completed the game on vocals, and now want to try my hand with the bass or lead guitar. I use the guitar from the main menu to enter the game, then enter into story mode. I choose guitar, then the screen requests I "Press Start to Continue." I've tried on all three of the Beatles RB guitars, AND with my GH5 guitar; it never registers me depressing the start button, and I can't get past this menu.

If I turn on the controller, it requests I connect the mic to the xbox to continue.

No gameplay issues with the mic or drums.

And if it helps, I'm using an Xbox 360.

I can enter the training sessions, no problem, but the quickplay gives me the same issue as entering story mode.

Thanks for any suggesstion, help, etc... It's much appreciated!

Comments

• JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Try clicking the middle Xbox button on the controller that you were singing with and signing out of your profile. Then click the Xbox button on your guitar and sign into your profile on the guitar.
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    The 360 is funny like this with user profiles, if the post above mine doesn't work then try turning the xbox off and load it up by turning it on with the guitar you wish to play with.

Doing this it will make sure the guitar is assigned to Player 1 and signed into your profile.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I think I know what's happening here...

It says "Press Start to Continue" and has the four icons, correct?

Press the green button on your controller, and then the icon that matches your controller (guitar in this case) will change slightly (ie., adding information like career score under it). I forget exactly how, but you'll know what it is.

After pressing the green button, pressing start should work. :)

This also applies when playing with more than one person...make sure everyone presses the green (or A button on the controller for vocals) before you hit start!

Sorry if you've done this. :p
  • ValiantPaulValiantPaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    HOLD Start. The response for start only works in this game by holding start. They made it that way for this game so that you don't accidentally hit start during a song and it pause it. You have to hold start after pressing A to select Guitar
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    ValiantPaul;3154847 said:
    HOLD Start. The response for start only works in this game by holding start. They made it that way for this game so that you don't accidentally hit start during a song and it pause it. You have to hold start after pressing A to select Guitar
    This only applies to the Beatles guitars though. They changed the firmware in them so that accidental button presses don't get registered, the flipside being that intentional button presses require you to hold down the button for a bit.

edit: That's only for the Start and console-specific buttons. Everything else gets sent instantly.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited October 2009
    Id go with what these people said.
  • Jack-o-lanternJack-o-lantern Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    You are all incredibly awesome. ValientPaul, you aced it. I was just pressing the start button, but not holding it down.

Thank you all for your responses and help; its much appreciated!