When will Canada get involved in this?

The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I know it has been clarified that Canada (Xbox's, that is,) will be able to purchase these songs off the RBN (Don't matter too much to me, I'm a Nintendo fanboy :P).

However, I do have friends who are in a band, but as none of them are American, they are ineligible to submit their songs. When will this change?

Comments

  • edited October 2009
    We would like to get Canada and Europe involved in submitting content as soon as possible. I don't have a date for that though.
  • ArkaneArkane Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I think the whole world wants to geti involved in this, in Mexico there are many bands interested on RBN
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited October 2009
    The-Dude1212;3153718 said:
    I know it has been clarified that Canada (Xbox's, that is,) will be able to purchase these songs off the RBN (Don't matter too much to me, I'm a Nintendo fanboy :P).

    However, I do have friends who are in a band, but as none of them are American, they are ineligible to submit their songs. When will this change?
    The artist does not have to be American. They can contact one of the authoring companies to publish on RBN for them.
  • Ten0101Ten0101 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Mex;3155749 said:
    The artist does not have to be American. They can contact one of the authoring companies to publish on RBN for them.
    Just be aware that if you don't have an NTSC Xbox 360 you can't use Audition mode at this point, so international bands planning to author their own tracks currently can't test them out.
  • Ben2998Ben2998 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone have a link of what is accepted in those cases?

    If, by example, I'm living in Canada but I do know someone who's living in the USA. Can I ask him to publish the songs for me?

    or

    If I have a bank account in the USA, is it possible for me to publish a song anyway?
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Mex;3155749 said:
    The artist does not have to be American. They can contact one of the authoring companies to publish on RBN for them.
    Okay, I'll send this off to my friend. Hopefully they can get enough money to pay for one of these authoring companies :P
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    The-Dude1212;3166200 said:
    Okay, I'll send this off to my friend. Hopefully they can get enough money to pay for one of these authoring companies :P
    No need to worry about that, several of the companies don't charge anything up front and instead do a revenue sharing type of contract :)
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    socrstopr;3166222 said:
    No need to worry about that, several of the companies don't charge anything up front and instead do a revenue sharing type of contract :)
    Even better.

    If any of you be interested, their band is Rock 'n' Rhythm, and my friend is the bassist. He's the one who also can beatbox to the intro of one of their songs, "Pause".

    It's on YouTube. Too lazy to link.

    (/shameless promotion)
  • edited October 2009
    Mm, hopefully Canada gets into the RBN loop soon. My friend and I are keen to put some of his bands tracks in, and he's up in that general area.
Sign In or Register to comment.