Magma for Macs?

Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
so i know that Magma is not compatible for macs currently, does anyone know a way around this?

Comments

• lowfatevanlowfatevan Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    unfortunately, it looks like the only way around it is boot camp or Parallels or another virtualization program. Problem with this is you need a copy of windows (and the software if you are using parallels or another virtualization). It's annoying put installing the OS in parallels or boot camp doesn't take that long, and if you are only using it for magma, you don't have to set aside much hard drive space for it.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Yep. It's not too bad at all in Parallels on any modernish Mac. Basically the fabulousness of having the mac-based reaper tools overrides in my mind any small headache from having to run Magma in the windows environment. On my first project I have spent maybe 30 hours in Reaper and a total of 20 minutes in Magma. I still have a lot more reaper work to do and very little more in Magma--basically pressing a single button to re-audition.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    And the reason for this is that we need to use Games For Windows to connect to the Xbox. As you might expect, Games For Windows is not available for Macs.
  • eklynxeklynx Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    HMXMister_Game;3162766 said:
    And the reason for this is that we need to use Games For Windows to connect to the Xbox. As you might expect, Games For Windows is not available for Macs.
    I can see the linking to the xbox require Games for windows, but is it possible to see a mac version of at least the builder portion? that way we'd only have to load up the VM when actually 'Audition'ing the songs.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    It is something that we have discussed, but we don't have any plans to work on this in the near future.