when does RBN come active?

FlexValentinoFlexValentino Rising Star
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
and anyone know anything about it like how much songs will costs and how many songs will be released?

Comments

  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I think the Rock Band Network store will be available next month, and it's up to the artists how much the songs will cost: $1-3.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I feel suspicious about it coming next month. We've heard nothing from HMX about it since the initial announcement that it would be November.
  • jtobiskajtobiska Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I remember one of the statements from HMX being that the store would open when there was a good amount of content ready to release (I don't have a source for that... just remember reading it a while back somewhere) and that that would probably be in November. I imagine if it's taking longer to get stuff ready for the store than was expected, it may end up being delayed.

    Thom1234 makes a good point as well. Before RBN goes live there's bound to be a public announcement from HMX with at least a small amount of lead time.
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Don't forget the beta will probably be opening up later this month! Then playtesting and peer review will speed up to get even more songs passed to the Marketplace before it opens. :)
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    Thom1234;3160912 said:
    I feel suspicious about it coming next month. We've heard nothing from HMX about it since the initial announcement that it would be November.
    Actually we've heard quite a bit from them both here and in the beta forums. And yes, the plan is still on track for the RBN Store to open in November.
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Questions:
    Do we know when we can start submitting songs?
    Are people in the closed beta able to submit songs now?
    Are we going to have to wait until the store opens to submit?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    People in closed beta have been submitting songs. There are already a bunch of songs in progress right now. :)

    When open beta starts, everyone will be able to submit. You do not have to wait for the store to open.
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    So there's going to be an open beta before the store opens? That should be coming very soon if the store opens in November.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    You are correct, sir. They haven't specified any dates (not even to those of us that are in the beta now) but as far as I know the plan for the open beta is still "soon" and the store opening is still mid-November. :)
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I have been reading up on the XNA peer review process since I'm totally ignorant of all things XNA. I want to be ready when the open beta happens. I have my premium xna account and can audition OK.

    I plan to do reviewing in addition to charting. Will I need this XNA Game Studio thing? Should I review an xbox game or two to see how it works, or will the RBN peer review be quite a bit different?

    Thanks
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3166010 said:
    I have been reading up on the XNA peer review process since I'm totally ignorant of all things XNA. I want to be ready when the open beta happens. I have my premium xna account and can audition OK.

    I plan to do reviewing in addition to charting. Will I need this XNA Game Studio thing? Should I review an xbox game or two to see how it works, or will the RBN peer review be quite a bit different?

    Thanks
    No, that's for actual Xbox games. If you are already set up to audition your own stuff, you can audition anyone else's; all it takes is Magma and the premium membership. :)

    Also, thank you for your desire to review; hopefully all authors will take some time out of their own authoring to playtest/review some of the other songs as well. That way, if everyone helps each other out, songs will be better quality and get through the pipeline more quickly.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Hmm, ok, does that mean that the interface for reviewing is totally within Rock Band?

    One thing I liked about the XNA game reviewing system is that they set up a forum thread for each game. I could easily imagine the benefit of having a forum for a song under review where reviewers could discuss their concerns with the charter.

    Is there anywhere where we can see the reviewing interface today? I have so many questions about the process--I can imagine an interface where reviewers score different aspects of the song (there are so many!) and then the charter can indicate that he has worked on those parts needing work, then the reviewer can adjust his ratings accordingly--the mind reels with the possibilities :) I must practice patience.

    Oh, and you're welcome!
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3166229 said:
    Hmm, ok, does that mean that the interface for reviewing is totally within Rock Band?

    One thing I liked about the XNA game reviewing system is that they set up a forum thread for each game. I could easily imagine the benefit of having a forum for a song under review where reviewers could discuss their concerns with the charter.

    Is there anywhere where we can see the reviewing interface today? I have so many questions about the process--I can imagine an interface where reviewers score different aspects of the song (there are so many!) and then the charter can indicate that he has worked on those parts needing work, then the reviewer can adjust his ratings accordingly--the mind reels with the possibilities :) I must practice patience.

    Oh, and you're welcome!
    Yes, there's a forum section on the Creators site where each song that gets uploaded has a thread automatically created for it, where users can post feedback. You can just post in the thread like posting on any forum, or there is a very detailed "Submit Feedback" form with a bunch of questions that you can use (which will auto-generate a forum post for you). That form is for when a song is in Playtest. Once it's in actual Peer Review, there is a different type of form which is essentially a checklist asking you if there is any inappropriate lyrics/content in the song.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Thank you! Sounds great.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2009
    FlexValentino;3160701 said:
    and anyone know anything about it like how much songs will costs and how many songs will be released?


    Well right now there's 41 different songs in different states of review and testing with more being added all the time.
  • thirdmortalthirdmortal Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    noble;3166354 said:
    Well right now there's 41 different songs in different states of review and testing with more being added all the time.
    Im really jealous of you guys in the beta. I have to ask, could you tell us what those 41 songs are or is that not allowed?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2009
    Yeah we can tell.

    Actually now that I look it's 43.

    Here's the list :

    10 Kingdoms - Megasus
    Another California Song - Zack Wilson
    Backyard Buildyard - Steve and Lindley Band
    Big Bad World - Jonathan Coulton
    Buried Cold - Rose of Jericho
    Climate Change - Lady Drama
    Cool as the other side of the Pillow - Cold Goodnight
    Creepy Doll - Jonathan Coulton
    Dragonfly (Symbion Project Remix) - Universal Hall Pass
    End Quote - Full Source
    Forgot Love - Public Radio
    Giant Magnets - Desoto Jones
    Give - Cold Goodnight
    Grumpytown - Speck
    Headdress - Amazing Baby
    Hurricane - Cold Goodnight
    Ikea - Jonathan Coulton
    Inside Out - Nick Gallant
    It's Good - The Humans
    Lilith in Libra - You Shriek
    Love and the Triumph of - Broadcast
    Melted Picks and Broken Sticks - Savage Minotaur
    Nothing There - Oliver Pride
    Ox - Zack Wilson
    Packet Flier - Terrorhorse
    Parhelia - Heaven Ablaze
    Persistance of Vision - Matter in the Medium
    Red Sky at Morn - Full Source
    River of Tuoni - Amberian Dawn
    Sestri Levante - Fake Shark-Real Zombie!
    Sleep On - Glass Hammer
    Stegosaurus Song - Eric Harm
    Talking in your sleep - The Romantics
    The Buddy Disease - Scratching the itch
    The Future Soon - Jonathan Coulton
    The Heist - Dna's Evolution
    Top Back - Alias Unknown
    Turn yourself around - Nick Gallant
    Up Stem (Down Stem) - Full Source
    Vp of Booty Reports - Speck
    What is light, where is laughter - Twin Atlantic
    White Heat - Cetan Clawson
    Yuri the only one - L33tStr33t Boys
  • thirdmortalthirdmortal Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    noble;3167061 said:
    Yeah we can tell.

    Actually now that I look it's 43.
    awesome, thanks for posting this.
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    RBN is gonna f#^kin' rock!!!! I cant wait!!!
  • MalacandraMalacandra Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I'm chomping at the bit for those Jonathan Coulton Songs.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    noble;3166354 said:
    Well right now there's 41 different songs in different states of review and testing with more being added all the time.
    Why did I think there were thousands of songs already on the RBN?? There was a preview video way back when showing 2,100 songs. I guess that was not correct?

    Edit-

    Here is the video at :41
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT4SkIZK4ck
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2009
    G_tarRoCK3R;3186864 said:
    Why did I think there were thousands of songs already on the RBN?? There was a preview video way back when showing 2,100 songs. I guess that was not correct?


    The preview video was full of fake songs for the sake of showing how the service would work.

    There's been about five songs added since I did that list, and I'm sure there's a bunch of other songs from people that aren't in the closed beta that are going to flood in once it goes public.

    I've heard a lot of bands/songs thrown around as coming to the service, and I haven't seen them yet, so I know there are dozens if not hundreds out there just waiting for it to open.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    noble;3186873 said:
    The preview video was full of fake songs for the sake of showing how the service would work.

    There's been about five songs added since I did that list, and I'm sure there's a bunch of other songs from people that aren't in the closed beta that are going to flood in once it goes public.

    I've heard a lot of bands/songs thrown around as coming to the service, and I haven't seen them yet, so I know there are dozens if not hundreds out there just waiting for it to open.
    Oh ok.....well thats sort of a let down then xD I guess we will see when it opens how well its received and how many other bands will tag along. I hope it does have thousands of bands.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    G_tarRoCK3R;3186864 said:
    Why did I think there were thousands of songs already on the RBN?? There was a preview video way back when showing 2,100 songs. I guess that was not correct?

    Edit-

    Here is the video at :41
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT4SkIZK4ck
    That would have been for testing purposes, as I think that video was made before the network was even announced.

    EDIT: Holy cow, I must have opened this thread a while ago, apologies.
Sign In or Register to comment.