Anything to announce? Anything at all?

Maggot_BrainMaggot_Brain Road Warrior
edited December 2007 in Rock Band
Yeah, I know, I'm complaining again.

- Four weeks after RB came out, we've come to the end of the DLC with nothing new announced. Not good.

- Four weeks after RB came out, we have no clue what, if anything, HMX is working on as far as game changes/upgrades/whatever.

- Every day, I've eagerly read the posts here and checked the news section for anything new concerning my favorite game. Nothing, just silence.

It's getting to where I don't care anymore. (How sad!)

Look, HMX used to communicate with us a lot before RB came out, that's why this maddening nothingness now is so annoying! Anyway, if anyone feels the same, chime in.

Comments

• UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    I hear... Crickets--as in, no one chiming in.

Let's see what next week holds as far as DLC is concerned. And Sean has posted multiple messages stating that as soon as there is something to announce, he will. Would you like a daily message saying "we're still working on things"? That's what it would amount to.

HMX communicated a lot before the release of the game because there was a lot to communicate about. Now people mostly want to know details about the same half-dozen things, and when there's no further details to release, well, there's not a lot of point in opening up conversation.

Edit: clarified my joke about crickets...
  • batsu336batsu336 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    They just had a 2 page article in Game Informer about how long it takes to make a DLC song. It's around 3 months from initial contacting to get the song rights until it's coded and ready to release. It also explained why some songs were impossible to translate over...lost masters..dubbing multiple instruments onto one track on older songs..stuff a lot of people don't think of. Also, a lot of band agents were initially turning down Rock Band without the band members even knowing about it. Now that everyone has heard of Rock Band, hopefully the agents will be more receptive. I would say that since they just got some licenses right before the game release and because of the hardware issues, they are probably running a little behind on releases. I am expecting an announcement on Christmas Day as a present to the fans...
    I don't know about you, but I didn't buy the game in hopes that something would come out in the future. I bought it because it is a blast as it is. Enjoy what you have, so you can be happy when you get extra downloads, instead of thinking you deserve it and it is somehow owed to you that you are given more songs. Harmonix has reiterated in several magazine articles in the past month that they see Rock Band as "a platform rather than a game" that will be used for hundreds of downloadable songs over the next few years. Let them work out the kinks, it's only been one month.
  • SnafflesSnaffles Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    well said, totally agree.

What we've got is incredible, and what we will/could get is phenomenal.

Thanks Harmonix!
  • zerogeo3zerogeo3 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    I know, how about the guys at EA and HMX, cut off their arms and offer it up for sacrifice, since they have nothing new to report in what 2 days? /SARCASIM

LAME SAUCE....:eek:
  • phulcrumphulcrum Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Maggot_Brain;206658 said:
    Yeah, I know, I'm complaining again.

- Four weeks after RB came out, we've come to the end of the DLC with nothing new announced. Not good.
    It's not the end of the DLC. We will have the Nirvana and Metallica albums to go.
  • edited December 2007
    I am not worried in the slightest atm. :cool:
  • Toast60Toast60 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    It'll be fine, give 'em some time. :D
  • elite04elite04 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    everyone who buys rockband will have broken parts!! and will have difficulty getting them fixed!!!
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    But even something like, we have nothing planned for the next couple of weeks, would clear up a lot of peoples questions. It's the change, from almost daily updates on what's happening to next to nothing these days.
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited December 2007

The next two Tuesdays are holidays. It very well could be that Microsoft has no plans to update the marketplace these two weeks. Not wanting to put the PS Store and XBL out of sync, Harmonix could easily be taking the next two weeks off from DLC. And I wouldn't expect to see a schedule of DLC; the original one, in my opinion, was to further hype and market the game prior to release. From here on out I expect weekly announcements on Monday/Tuesday letting us know what's available that week. Regardless, I know from trusted sources that there is plenty more DLC in the pipeline, and this is by no means a sign of the release schedule slowing down.

- Four weeks after RB came out, we have no clue what, if anything, HMX is working on as far as game changes/upgrades/whatever.
    There aren't any huge bugs that are making this game unplayable. There are some people that are unhappy with some design choices made, but that does not mean that Harmonix has to respond to them nor fix them.

- Every day, I've eagerly read the posts here and checked the news section for anything new concerning my favorite game. Nothing, just silence.

Look, HMX used to communicate with us a lot before RB came out, that's why this maddening nothingness now is so annoying! Anyway, if anyone feels the same, chime in.
    Before they were leaking a screenshot to the community, talking about finalized details of a mode, or a song that's been included. Now we're talking about announcing research into potential patches/changes? That's a huge difference. Sure, we all miss the interaction with Sean and John, but at the same time, it's understandable that we can't get that right now. The community's changed drastically, and it'll take some time for everything to go back to normal. Deal with it and enjoy the game.
    edited December 2007
    BathTub;206768 said:
    But even something like, we have nothing planned for the next couple of weeks, would clear up a lot of peoples questions. It's the change, from almost daily updates on what's happening to next to nothing these days.
    A) Better to keep people in suspense instead of revealing all the answers...

B) Do you honestly think that a member of HMX posting "We have nothing planned for the next couple of weeks" would make people happy? Re-evaluate based on the posts we see around here... :)
  • edited December 2007
    There will be DLC next week. An announcement will go out today or Monday.

Sony's offices are closed next week and the DLC will be postponed for a week until they come back (but they'll be back on schedule the following week when they get a double-dose of DLC awesomeness). It will go up in the Xbox Marketplace as regularly scheduled.

As for what we are planning on fixing and all of that? I am saying nothing until it is all final. You see what happens when things get announced and then due to extenuating circumstances don't pan out? I get drawn and quartered. No thank you.
  • FoeHammer117FoeHammer117 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Cool, thanks for the info. Communication is key.
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206968 said:

Sony's offices are closed next week and the DLC will be postponed for a week until they come back (but they'll be back on schedule the following week when they get a double-dose of DLC awesomeness). It will go up in the Xbox Marketplace as regularly scheduled.

As for what we are planning on fixing and all of that? I am saying nothing until it is all final. You see what happens when things get announced and then due to extenuating circumstances don't pan out? I get drawn and quartered. No thank you.
    Wahoo! I assume the DLC will be on Live on Wednesday then?
  • JIrish780JIrish780 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Monday announcement, eh? Considering my copy of Blue Dragon has been collecting dust since purchases of Bladestorm and Rock Band... I think I can hold out until then. Still, this is great news, thanks, Sean!
  • edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206968 said:

Yay for new stuff!
  • the_spikethe_spike Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206968 said:

Thank you! Now all these threads will stop popping up. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us.
  • edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206968 said:

Thanks Sean. Keep up the good work.

I use the PS store so I can't wait for the double-dose of awesomeness. It's twice as good as a single dose with half the calories.
  • SigafoosSigafoos Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Also, the game has been out for a damn month! How many changes do you want? The only reason I'd want a clear vision of the future was if there were some horrible problem with the game like BWT only worked if you had a singer; as it's your favorite game, why don't you just play it and enjoy it for a while? I think Harmonix is crazy for releasing so much DLC right away but more power to 'em.

I'm almost hoping they don't release DLC for a while because I've got so much to play... between most of the upper tier/bonus songs and the three packs I've downloaded (Metallica, Polica and Punk) I need to get sick of everything before I buy anything else, and releasing Who's Next at this point would just be mean. I am but a man, Harmonix.
  • HMXChrisCanfieldHMXChrisCanfield Harmonix Developer
    edited December 2007
    HMX used to communicate with us a lot before RB came out...
    We're still around. I still PM with people and post at roughly the same rate as before. Now there are 25 thousand people here (which is awesome) and threads are pushed off the front page in minutes, it's kind of hard to have the same level of "presence." I don't know how Apples pulls it off.

But we're all still here. And once network is restored to my apartment, I'm still up for Bomberman Live (Live ID CCanfield, if you're interested in a match).
  • dfjdejuliodfjdejulio Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    HMXChrisCanfield;207083 said:
    (Live ID CCanfield, if you're interested in a match)

I had to peek. No Rock Band achievements on your Live ID yet? I confess surprise...
  • erickOnasis412erickOnasis412 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    dfjdejulio;207294 said:

I had to peek. No Rock Band achievements on your Live ID yet? I confess surprise...
    lol.. and a steelers fan? good man

back on topic though.. OP you are being a little impatient here.. it is like 4 days before christmas, and people do have lives and other things going on around the holidays..
  • guitarismylife10guitarismylife10 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Lol, who has time for a life?
  • FamousLastXFamousLastX Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Nice to see it confirmed that we are getting DLC next week, now if only they'd announce what it'll be that would make me even happier. I'm personally wishing it'll be the Nirvana CD, but I shouldn't get my hopes up.
  • willthegreatwillthegreat Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    No PS3 DLC next week...sad times. I will be excited the next week though!
    edited December 2007
    FamousLastX;207339 said:
    Nice to see it confirmed that we are getting DLC next week, now if only they'd announce what it'll be that would make me even happier. I'm personally wishing it'll be the Nirvana CD, but I shouldn't get my hopes up.
    Nor would I... But you don't have to. So far the DLC offerings have been excellent and just to have another batch of three songs next week is great. This is one instance where the expected norm works so well, I could gladly get used to it...
  • TobyToby Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    They are probably just saving some "Oh so great" DLC as a christmas suprise and then they will probably announce a DLC schedule for the next couple weeks after that
  • CyN1caLCyN1caL Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Oddly enough, I'm more excited about what DLC there will be Tuesday morning than what presents I'll be receiving :p
  • VenturaVentura Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206968 said:
    Like as if that's our fault you didn't see Activision coming. Honestly, not talking to us after having taken the "we have the consumers best interests at heart" side in all of that is like shooting yourself in the foot now, especially when all that did was basically get almost everyone barracking for you guys and pissed at them.

There is no good excuse for going out of your way to not communicate with your fans - which is what we are. None. As a PS3 owner upset about the lack of compatibility, I was more annoyed before your initial statement on the issue, but that's because we'd been kept hanging for a week or two without any kind of information whatsoever.

If you don't believe that a lack of communication can kill a man, I recommend hiring out a copy of 'The American President'. It's a role I honestly don't think Michael Douglas has ever topped.
  • blue_dragonzeroblue_dragonzero Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206968 said:

Off topic:

My pm's messed up before the move and are now deleted. What exactly was your response to my band and Rock Band?