The new site - issues and the like

edited April 2008 in Announcements
Hey everyone,

Welcome to the new site. We're still tracking a few bugs and server burps on our new live servers (you probably noticed yesterday) but our web team and IT are hard at work on fixing them up (my new least favorite numbers are 5, 0, and 4).

Right now - some of you have not gotten emails (even after checking your junk mail folder) and have gone on to click the lost password link to have it resent. This is currently disabled but will hopefully be fixed today. New user registration is not affected by this.

Some people have also reported difficulty linking their user ID to Windows Live ID. The most important thing you can do before attempting this is to clear your browser's cache and cookies and start fresh. That way you won't accidentally link your mom's Hotmail account to your user ID because she was on the computer right before you.

Also - do not type the word Google into Google or you can literally break the internet.

Thank you!

Comments

• TomcoveTomcove Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    You can't break the internet if you google 'google'! That doesn't make any s*FATAL ERROR. INTERNET MUST REBOOT. SOMEONE CALL AL GORE.*
  • Xero314-2Xero314-2 Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206679 said:

Right now - some of you have not gotten emails (even after checking your junk mail folder) and have gone on to click the lost password link to have it resent. This is currently disabled but will hopefully be fixed today. New user registration is not affected by this.
    Just wanted to say that some of us will never receive emails. Assuming my memory is correct, and it usually is (at least since the 80s) email addresses where not originally required to create an account. Some of us chose not to enter an email address, think there would be no real reason for it. I never forget my passwords and I assume a service won't just change my password on me.

I tried emailing about this but it did not work so I set up a new account to post these comments. I would like to have my old account back. It's easy to prove it's my account because I can give the old password which I am sure is still stored somewhere.

Please let us know how we can get our accounts back.
  • edited December 2007
    Email accounts have always been required to access the site. Lately we had turned off email verification but an email address still should have had to have been entered to post. I'll see what I can do about your account.
  • edited December 2007
    It is just display and it is a top bug for today. You can't really do any damage for now.
  • codemonkey27codemonkey27 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Hey Sean,

I assume you guys already know, but there's a really nasty bug that's showing us logged in as other people. I hope that's mostly on the display side and not allowing people to re-write/edit other profiles...

cm
  • Xero314-2Xero314-2 Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    hmxsean;206769 said:
    Email accounts have always been required to access the site. Lately we had turned off email verification but an email address still should have had to have been entered to post. I'll see what I can do about your account.
    I totally appreciate what every you can do, and I really wish I had a screen shot from when I set up my account. I am fairly certain that an email account was not required. I set up custom email accounts for each site like this (I own a couple domains so have plenty of email accounts to go around). In this case I never set one up and have the distinct recollection of almost setting one up but then seeing it was not required and choosing not to enter one.

If you can look at the Xero314 account and see if there is an email address attached (or something like [email]none@ya.biz[/email] which I have been known to use) then I have not problem admitting I was wrong and I'll even make a public apology, but since it would be only the second time I have ever been wrong I'm guessing you are not going to find an email associated with that account.

But seriously thanks for looking into it and responding so quickly (if only your support email worked so fast).
  • Chris_GonzalezChris_Gonzalez Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    There's a problem here:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16936#post206834

For some very strange reason, when I posted within the same minute as the person with the (now) second post (who was originally the thread creator), it moved my post up before him making it seem like I created the thread and he replied. It's rather strange.
  • jdmdsp911jdmdsp911 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    For some reason when I tried to link my Xbox live gamertag (windows Live ID) to my account it linked someone named Chris Locke 117 instead of mine.

Edit: I finally got it to link to my own gamertag. I hope it linking to this other persons at first didn't screw theirs up.
  • codemonkey27codemonkey27 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    That same problem is demonstrated in this thread too. You can see Sean's response to my concern right above my post.

cm
  • EastwoodEastwood Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    My password isn't working when I try to go into the Rocker thing. Same with band. Do I have to create a new "me" when I make a Rocker or can I just link my account?
  • SigafoosSigafoos Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    With the 'showing up as someone else' bug, I think it's just for display. I was someone else until I clicked around a bit; suddenly I was me again. I had tried logging out (just because I don't want to impersonate anyone) but it wouldn't let me, for what it's worth.
  • BruzeWayneBruzeWayne Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Sorry if this has been addressed in other threads, but I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not we will be able to delete characters/bands that we already deleted on our consoles but for some reason still show up on the server.
    Like many people with this problem, I want to be able to use my original band name on xbl but cannot because it says the name is taken even though it shows up under my gamertag on this site (and it is the band I already deleted).
    Thanx
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    The site is rocking today! When I saw the awful performance problems from the first day, I thought it would take you guys weeks to get this under control.

But you really worked some magic yesterday. Send the code monkeys my thanks!
  • vixvix Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    my password for my original account isn't working and when i try to get it sent to me, nothing ever gets sent.
  • meh_jb_mehmeh_jb_meh Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    looks nice. wouldnt mind a mainpage poll on what should be DLC tho. (hint hint)
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    codemonkey27;206782 said:
    Hey Sean,

I assume you guys already know, but there's a really nasty bug that's showing us logged in as other people. I hope that's mostly on the display side and not allowing people to re-write/edit other profiles...

cm
    It looks like the server is caching the main page, so whoever is the lucky one who makes a request for the front page is showing up as our username. As you noticed, clicking around further, the other pages aren't cached, so they appear correctly.

That's what it looks like to me, anyways.
  • edited December 2007
    vix;206946 said:
    my password for my original account isn't working and when i try to get it sent to me, nothing ever gets sent.
    This is discussed in the original message in this thread. Those emails are currently disabled and will be fixed and turned back on hopefully today.
  • KoneshaKonesha Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    vix;206946 said:
    Same Here.
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    Hey Sean,

Not sure if anyone else is getting this error while trying to link, but this is what I get (And have been getting since I tried to start up)

Cleaned cookies, deleted temp files, etc etc. Tried to link up with maherj(@)live.ca and got this.

This gamertag does not have any Rock Band data associated with it. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, please read the detailed instructions on the Link to Game page.

Odd part is, it signs me in to live, and when I try again to sign out, it tries to load rps.rockband.com:8000/expire.asp cookie from my sign-in page?

Can you help me please? Thanks :)

Oh, Gamertag is Maherj - Thought I'd add that part in. Also, I tried different Live IDs as well, and changed them on my XBOX Profile, still the same message.
  • TheMarauderTheMarauder Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    I'm done trying to get this to work. I even got as far as the page that allows me to type in my Windows Live ID and it still sent me back to the page saying i have no rockband data associated w/ that gamertag. I'll remain patient for now....
  • RB_HectiKRB_HectiK Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    I'm having the same problem as marauder.:(
  • edited December 2007
    hmxsean;207097 said:
    This is discussed in the original message in this thread. Those emails are currently disabled and will be fixed and turned back on hopefully today.
    Sean, have the emails been turned back on yet?
  • Sweet.BeetsSweet.Beets Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    I never recieved my new password so I created a new account with a new email. Now that I spent all this time updating this account, I'm hoping there's a way you guys can delete my old account ( EjS225 ) so I could switch my old email address over to my new account. I emailed the site but figure you guys are buried in emails... And probably too buried to help me, but hey its worth a shot :D
  • nivlac2nivlac2 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Sean,
    I haven't received my password yet either. :(
    I hope the emails get turned back on soon. Is there anyway you can assist in the meantime? Perhaps set my password and pm me. I can verify that I am nivlac. :P
  • edited December 2007
    nivlac2;207639 said:
    Sean,
    I haven't received my password yet either. :(
    I hope the emails get turned back on soon. Is there anyway you can assist in the meantime? Perhaps set my password and pm me. I can verify that I am nivlac. :P
    It appears PM's are disabled in these new forums and I would bet the HMX people are off for Christmas.
  • the_spikethe_spike Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Huskie;206707 said:
    My issue might be unigue.

When I sign on now, it thinks I'm a newly created user. My old account also looks like it was deleted. This thread shows the issue: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9057&page=2

I've been cloned! :D (and made a newbie)
    I would like my old coat back though, if possible.
    Same problem as me. I think you guys can change that but I'm not worried about it much now, fix it if and when it's possible.
  • nivlac2nivlac2 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    AdamBombStrikesBack;207645 said:
    It appears PM's are disabled in these new forums and I would bet the HMX people are off for Christmas.
    That's too much awesome for me to handle... :(
  • austinsurgeaustinsurge Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    PlasticAss;207128 said:
    This gamertag does not have any Rock Band data associated with it. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, please read the detailed instructions on the Link to Game page.
    Same problem here. Trying to link website austinsurge to XBox Live austinsurge is impossible, apparently.
  • djbargdjbarg Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Anyone else notice how slooooooooow the forums are? It's as if I'm on an old 28.8 modem instead of a 5meg cable. WTF? Each time I click to read a post, it takes like15 sec to load the page
  • SpraggleRocksSpraggleRocks Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    When I log in to my account and look at all the names of rockers on my memory it shows all of them including ones that have since been deleted. I don't plan on deleting a bunch of rockers but it'd be nice if the ones I got rid of or had to remake didn't all show up. Not something serious but thought i'd point it out.
This discussion has been closed.