i r Noob. How do i create notes for RBN?

soccer1296soccer1296 Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I can't even find out how to create notes in Reaper. How can i start charting songs??

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2009
    Do you have the master tracks for the song, or are you trying to create a song like in GHtunes.

Not saying you don't know how RBN works, but thought I'd get that crucial question out of the way first.
  • soccer1296soccer1296 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    noble;3162851 said:
    Do you have the master tracks for the song, or are you trying to create a song like in GHtunes.

Not saying you don't know how RBN works, but thought I'd get that crucial question out of the way first.
    i have the song already and i've opened the RBN window where you see the highway. I just cannot put notes on it, like GHTunes.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2009
    soccer1296;3162853 said:
    i have the song already and i've opened the RBN window where you see the highway. I just cannot put notes on it, like GHTunes.

Ok then we've reached the end of my usefullness.

I was just making sure you knew you had to have a song loaded and wasn't trying to 'create' a song using RBN.

I'm sure some of the RBN programers will be in here shortly to help you out :)
  • ImaCarrotImaCarrot Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    You don't do anything inside of the RBN preview window other than watch it to make sure the notes do what you want, hence the preview part of the name.

You need a midi track in your project, you should be using the RBN template one which I believe already has the midi tracks in place. Just double click on the midi track to open it in Reaper's midi editor, then you can add notes by just double clicking where you want to place the note.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Well, one thing you could do is make a chart with this and then convert it into a MIDI file with this.