HMX: Let us audition!

cpt jarrydcpt jarryd Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Yep so silly old me decided to fork out the cash and get XNA!

Only to find out we (outside USA) cant partake in the audition process for RBN!

I am by no means going to abuse HMX over this and threaten to boycott the software as some would do.

I understand for legal reasons those outside the US will not be able to sell music (yet). But it would be good if we got the opportunity to play and review our own songs and we will be ready to submit songs when the legal mumbo-jumbo is finally fixed.

HMX, you must realise that many people outside the US are dedicated RB players, charters and musicians, we want the same access to programs and features as the US, even if we cannot sell our music (not my main desire)

It would not be hard to bring in a patch to allow us to test our own music, surely and even if it takes a little bit of hard work we deserve it after constant delays and after how much we have been screwed around (Heck, we don't even have RB2 in australia yet :P)


I know the HMX staff love the game as much as us, and i am sure understand our passion for RB. So PLEASE look into this and give us the access you give those in your home nation.

Comments

  • Ten0101Ten0101 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'd like to second this sentiment. I understand there are legal issues to sort out regarding song submissions so I'm perfectly happy to go through a third party to get my songs submitted once they've been authored, but I can't see how those issues apply to simply being able to test our song.

    At the very least it should be noted somewhere that an NTSC copy of the game (and thus an NTSC Xbox) are required to prevent people like me and jarryd here from paying our for a Creators Club membership and not being able to use it.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    cpt jarryd;3165587 said:
    I know the HMX staff love the game as much as us, and i am sure understand our passion for RB. So PLEASE look into this and give us the access you give those in your home nation.
    They are looking into it. There's some issue with Magma not working correctly with PAL versions of RB2, and Harmonix is aware of it. I'm not sure if they've mentioned over here, but it's been talked about several times in the Beta forums.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    We're actively working on it.
  • cpt jarrydcpt jarryd Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    HMXMister_Game;3165877 said:
    We're actively working on it.
    May I ask what has prevented PAL from getting access, i of course don't know the full story, but it seems that it shouldn't be too hard to fix?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    cpt jarryd;3167965 said:
    May I ask what has prevented PAL from getting access, i of course don't know the full story, but it seems that it shouldn't be too hard to fix?
    I seriously doubt they can answer that question. Just know that they're working on it.
  • xRagexRage Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    People just don't realize that everything doesn't get released in all countries at the same time

    Japan gets most of the good stuff before us Americans, anyway <_<

    Just wait, it'll come to you guys, you just have to be patient. HMX is an American-based company, thus they'll produce in America, then expand across the globe, just be patient :)
  • cpt jarrydcpt jarryd Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    xRage;3170484 said:
    People just don't realize that everything doesn't get released in all countries at the same time

    Japan gets most of the good stuff before us Americans, anyway <_<

    Just wait, it'll come to you guys, you just have to be patient. HMX is an American-based company, thus they'll produce in America, then expand across the globe, just be patient :)</div>
    We have been patient, and i have never complained about hard copy distribution of games, i completely understand.

    When it is something digital that needs a simple patch on the otherhand, i cannot accept it, it is very frustrating, especially when you bought a 1 year $100US subscription to take part in it.
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    cpt jarryd;3170568 said:
    We have been patient, and i have never complained about hard copy distribution of games, i completely understand.

    When it is something digital that needs a simple patch on the otherhand, i cannot accept it, it is very frustrating, especially when you bought a 1 year $100US subscription to take part in it.
    Hey, you waited for Rock Band itself, so why can't you wait for RBN?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2009
    cpt jarryd;3170568 said:
    We have been patient, and i have never complained about hard copy distribution of games, i completely understand.

    When it is something digital that needs a simple patch on the otherhand, i cannot accept it, it is very frustrating, especially when you bought a 1 year $100US subscription to take part in it.
    While you're waiting, you could play around with the indie games side of XNA, so at least the investment isn't a total loss :) I'm pretty sure you get to playtest and review any of the unreleased games on there, so that's worth something, anyway
  • Ten0101Ten0101 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    MrOwn1;3170686 said:
    Hey, you waited for Rock Band itself, so why can't you wait for RBN?
    This is really not a helpful post. Yes, it is a fact of life that we in countries other than the US have to wait for certain things, but in this case it was never stated that we would not be able to use Audition mode with our PAL copies of RB2, despite many people discussing the option of international artists authoring their own tracks and submitting via a US proxy of some kind.

    If it had been stated clearly up front that we would have to wait a bit longer to be able to do this, it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but when we don't find out until after we've paid out money for a subscription, it becomes quite annoying.

    I'm glad to hear it is something they are actively working on however, and I hope we see the patch soon.
  • cpt jarrydcpt jarryd Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    LuigiHann;3171154 said:
    While you're waiting, you could play around with the indie games side of XNA, so at least the investment isn't a total loss :) I'm pretty sure you get to playtest and review any of the unreleased games on there, so that's worth something, anyway
    Thank you for posting one of the more constructive posts I see on forums in general.

    I have most certainly looked into the other aspects of XNA like this, and while RBN was 95% of the reason i got the membership, at least i am getting something out of it
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    cpt jarryd;3170568 said:
    We have been patient, and i have never complained about hard copy distribution of games, i completely understand.

    When it is something digital that needs a simple patch on the otherhand, i cannot accept it, it is very frustrating, especially when you bought a 1 year $100US subscription to take part in it.
    I totally understand and sympathize with your frustration.

    All I can say right now is that we (I) are working on this right now. I can't give you any more details or a timeline right now. Thanks for your patience.
Sign In or Register to comment.