Abbey Road DLC announcment

Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
*edit
So after thinking it out it seems its a very weird way of selling DLC
For PS360:

3 singles at $2 each, or full album which includes the 3 singles for $17

For Wii:

3 singles at 200 points each, 1 single at 100 points , and rest of album is split into 3 double packs at 350 points each.

So if you wanted to pick and chose only certain tracks Wii has the uperhand, but if you wanted the entire album. PS360 is $17 while Wii is $19.50(1950 Points)
seeing it hasnt been posted officially yet
http://blog.kolma.info/2009/10/mtv-games-and-harmonix-launch-abbey.html#more

It seems Wii owner (like myself)
can by the songs in packs of 2 :D

also, Her Majesty is confirmed to be only $1USD/100 Wii Points.

side note, (now annoyed that i pikced her majesty as one of my free songs, but oh well)

Additionally, the following songs from Abbey Road can also be played as 1-to-3-song sets, based on how they were recorded / composed:
o “You Never Give Me Your Money”
o “Sun King”/ “Mean Mr. Mustard”
o “Polythene Pam”/ “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window”
o “Golden Slumbers”/ “Carry That Weight”/ “The End”*
o “Her Majesty”

new news if the medley can be played on the Wii...

Comments

• TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Kolma_;3166199 said:

Additionally, the following songs from Abbey Road can also be played as 1-to-3-song sets, based on how they were recorded / composed:
    o “You Never Give Me Your Money”
    o “Sun King”/ “Mean Mr. Mustard”
    o “Polythene Pam”/ “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window”
    o “Golden Slumbers”/ “Carry That Weight”/ “The End”*
    o “Her Majesty”
    :D
  • kevmaster2000kevmaster2000 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Very happy to see this announcement. Was hoping for additional achievements to help justify the high price tag, but even so, it is a pretty great purchase, what with the several different medley combo tracks.

Very excited.
  • adorazadoraz Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    meh... seems like no additional content (no achievements or an extra chapter added to the story mode).

Very disappointing that its so basic. I was really hoping for something for such a high price...

So, I can't just buy You Never Give Me Your Money as a single? I need to buy the whole Abbey Road pack to get it? Only 3 songs are released as singles?

Lame.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    adoraz;3166323 said:
    meh... seems like no additional content (no achievements or an extra chapter added to the story mode).

Very disappointing that its so basic. I was really hoping for something for such a high price...

So, I can't just buy You Never Give Me Your Money as a single? I need to buy the whole Abbey Road pack to get it? Only 3 songs are released as singles?

Lame.
    There's always a downer. And "Additionally, the following songs from Abbey Road can also be played as 1-to-3-song sets" would certainly infer that You Never Give Me Your Money can be played as a single as it is, at least with my rudimentary counting skills, one song.
  • aerofan11aerofan11 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    This has got my all hyped up ha ha. :D
    Can't wait to sing "Golden Slumbers".
  • Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    given the math it seems its about 17 bucks for 360 full album
    and 19.50 for full album on Wii

much better thn the difference on rb2 albums where it would be like 14-15 on ps360 and 20+ on wii
  • adorazadoraz Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    mva5580;3166340 said:
    There's always a downer. And "Additionally, the following songs from Abbey Road can also be played as 1-to-3-song sets" would certainly infer that You Never Give Me Your Money can be played as a single as it is, at least with my rudimentary counting skills, one song.
    Obviously, as a 360 owner, I'm a downer. This is bad news.

Basically it's saying only 3 of the songs are available as singles- Because, Maxwell, and Oh! Darling.

You can only buy the remaining songs as a complete pack. This means in order to buy Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight or You Never Give Me Your Money (the 2 songs on the album I'm most interested in), I need to pay $17 to buy the entire B side album.

Very very stupid.
  • Mr JonnyearsMr Jonnyears Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    That was the most confusing announcement post I have ever read.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the info!:)
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    This still hasn't been confirmed for me.

If I choose "Play Album" will that put the medley all together? Or break it up into chunks?
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    IErrantVentureI;3166375 said:
    This still hasn't been confirmed for me.

If I choose "Play Album" will that put the medley all together? Or break it up into chunks?
    It seems like it will automatically put it together, which, while I'm sad I can't play it, is very interesting. If they've developed the ability to preload setlists, that's very cool.
  • TheCulpritTheCulprit Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    But can I opt to play the whole medley without choosing the play full album option?
    Or am I just limited to the chunks at that point?
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Mr Jonnyears;3166372 said:
    And intentionally so, it appears. They do everything they can do avoid stating the core issue:

If you are an Xbox 360/PS3 owner, you can not buy any tracks off of the medley without buying the entire $17 album.

It makes no sense that we would not at least get the option to buy the song packs that are offered to Wii owners.
  • BTD1980BTD1980 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Mr Jonnyears;3166372 said:
    Aiye, I'll drink to that. That announcement made my head bleed. Luckily playing Abbey Road will cure that.
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Electric_Zen;3166397 said:

It makes no sense that we would not at least get the option to buy the song packs that are offered to Wii owners.
    True, but they don't have the option of playing the Medley straight through. So I guess it's one of those, "Pick your console because they have different perks" kind of thing. :(
    edited October 2009
    TheCulprit;3166392 said:
    But can I opt to play the whole medley without choosing the play full album option?
    Or am I just limited to the chunks at that point?
    If I'm correct in my interpretation, that will mean it is available as a nested playlist within Abbey Road. Which is not actually unusual, because there's no Artist sorting in this game, I have to imagine that whatever mechanism handles artists in Rock Band 2 has been switched to handle the albums, and whatever mechanism handles albums has been switched to handle the subplaylists or whatever. Just a guess, it's hard to say.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Electric_Zen;3166397 said:
    And intentionally so, it appears. They do everything they can do avoid stating the core issue:

If you are an Xbox 360/PS3 owner, you can not buy any tracks off of the medley without buying the entire $17 album.

So the Wii is perfect for those who wanted to cherry-pick songs off the album, but a bummer for the completists. At least, from what I gather, the Wii has something the other systems don't. :D
    edited October 2009
    IErrantVentureI;3166408 said:
    True, but they don't have the option of playing the Medley straight through. So I guess it's one of those, "Pick your console because they have different perks" kind of thing. :(
    True dat. If I weren't dead set on buying it all, I'd be happy to skip Sun King/Mustard, at least at first. Sun King is probably going to be boring on most instruments, and Mean Mr. Mustard will be the worst vocal song of any that we know are being released. Even John Lennon didn't sound excited to sing that one.
  • Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    So after thinking it out it seems its a very weird way of selling DLC
    For PS360:

3 singles at $2 each, or full album which includes the 3 singles for $17

For Wii:

3 singles at 200 points each, 1 single at 100 points , and rest of album is split into 3 double packs at 350 points each.

So if you wanted to pick and chose only certain tracks Wii has the uperhand, but if you wanted the entire album. PS360 is $17 while Wii is $19.50(1950 Points)
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Very, very obnoxious. I had no interest in purchasing songs like Because, Sun King, and Her Majesty that are not well suited for the game. And I already used one of my three free songs on Oh, Darling!. Now I would have to front $17 to play anything off of the medley.

I think I'll be passing on this month, and hope that they handle Sgt. Peppers a little more reasonably.
    edited October 2009
    Yep, its a sort of like...... plus and minus situation for all systems.

I still think overall, wii got shortchanged.
  • Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    i wonder how this will be affected by the free songs from gamestop....
    Doesn't hurt Wii owners too bad but ps360 will still end up paying full price for the albums it seems... unless they only have the songs they want,
    or all songs can be downloaded separately...
    edited October 2009
    Kolma_;3166456 said:
    i wonder how this will be affected by the free songs from gamestop....
    Uhoh! Didnt think of that.....

This could get messy people......

Brace Yourselfes!!!!!
  • Mr JonnyearsMr Jonnyears Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Electric_Zen;3166450 said:
    Very, very obnoxious. I had no interest in purchasing songs like Because, Sun King, and Her Majesty that are not well suited for the game. And I already used one of my three free songs on Oh, Darling!. Now I would have to front $17 to play anything off of the medley.

I think I'll be passing on this month, and hope that they handle Sgt. Peppers a little more reasonably.
    I planned to get the whole thing, myself but I agree with you completely that it's stupid. I can understand that Harmonix have a problem with the Wii in that they won't upload the same song in two different ways but there's no reason to do this to PS3/360 people.
  • royjordanroyjordan Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Unless I am totally messing up, I count FOUR singles at $2.00 each, not THREE as posted by the OP....

“Maxwell's Silver Hammer, ”
    “Oh! Darling,”
    “Because,”
    “You Never Give Me Your Money,”
  • plork99plork99 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Ok, I'm very confused. I've already got all three songs from Abbey Road that we were able to choose coming from the Game Stop pre order thing. So then if I buy the other songs in the lil packs they come in, I will not be able to play the Medley all together? I can only do that if I buy the entire album in one pack so therefore my free song DL's are basically useless and I won't use them?

I plan on buying every dang song they put out and do not want to be shorted on anything because I pre-ordered the game and was given three free songs for doing so.
  • Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    royjordan;3166533 said:
    Unless I am totally messing up, I count FOUR singles at $2.00 each, not THREE as posted by the OP....

“Maxwell's Silver Hammer, ”
    “Oh! Darling,”
    “Because,”
    “You Never Give Me Your Money,”
    You never give me your money cant be bought as a single on ps360 but can be on Wii.

What they need to do is release a new press release explaining all of this...
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    They have officially f***ed up this. Honestly, I'm just going to get Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Oh! Darling.

Has the price for Sgt. Pepper been revealed yet? I've got two free songs from it, and I was wondering if it would be cheaper to ignore my free songs and just buy the album as a whole.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Didn't Metallica's Death Magnetic DLC have something very similar to this all-or-nothing package? And didn't we all react unfavorably to that...? -_-
  • ValiantPaulValiantPaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I don't think people understand this at all...

You can buy ANY OF THESE SONG AS SINGLES

The only way you get to play the 1-to-3 song sets with no stoppages is IF YOU BUY THE FULL ALBUM.

How it says you can play songs such as Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End together can only be done if buying the ENTIRE ALBUM.

They do not come together as a 3 song pack with the enabled ability to play together UNLESS YOU BUY THE ENTIRE ALBUM.

Purchasing the songs alone as singles will only allow you to play the songs AS SINGLES.

If you buy Because and Mean Mr. Mustard as singles and not purchase the entire album, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THEM TOGETHER WITHOUT A STOP BETWEEN.

I'm pretty sure that covers all these peoples inquiries on the DLC.