muse?

foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I know this is only testing and won't be published but how did he get a hold of a muse master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6jyKIMQkE

btw uprising

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    Hopefully someone who has a YT account will flag that soon.

I doubt he got ahold of masters - more likely he just used a .wav file of the song and made multiple copies of it for each "instrument". Since it's on autoplay and no notes are missed, it's not obvious, but probably if a note were missed on any instrument the entire song would cut out.
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    ya probably don't know the whole RBN process, but lets say I do this for Stairway to Heaven but only have it on my console and not publish it, can I then play led Zeppelin on rock abnd ?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited October 2009
    Technically yes, even though it's still illegal. You do need a premium XNA membership to use Audition Mode, though, so you'd have to pay 100 bucks a year to even play around with it.
    edited October 2009
    ya its a alot of money but if you could do any song it might be worth it, kind of weird Im not planning on doing this b/c I don't know how for the life of me to author and chart a song, i'll lead that for the pros
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    trg007;3167333 said:
    Technically yes, even though it's still illegal. You do need a premium XNA membership to use Audition Mode, though, so you'd have to pay 100 bucks a year to even play around with it.
    I don't think it's illegal if they're just making customs. If it's along the same line as custom songs which built their foundation in ScoreHero, FretsOnFire, DTXMania, etc. they should be perfectly fine.

The Youtuber also has knowledge of the fact, "Besides, I would never be able to actually publish it."
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, the person who created this posted this in the Muse thread. Hes been making Muse songs because hes messing around with the programs. I think hes been doing a good job with them too.
    edited October 2009
    Ya I see now of course he can't publsih it but thsi is still very cool what he is doing well carry on then, ya they're pretty good
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    His sustain tails are too long.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    HMXMister_Game;3167739 said:
    Yes those kinda made me cry a little, and he has two notes in a row of the same pitch as different colored gems, but I only watched the first minute :P
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Now THAT's illegal! ;)
  • XeWoNXeWoN Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    You could always get the rights for the song and correct the issue. :p
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It ain't a master. The guy was just using the tool to do some testing and have a little fun. I did the same thing with Taylor Swift's "You're Not Sorry." I even asked that same guy to record it for me. Another guy is showing off his efforts with Rush's "The Weapon."

Yes, I am just kinda showing off. Whatever gets me more hits. I even put in the fair warning in my video that it's really just me messing around with the tools. All we're doing is showing off.

Gotta admit, even without a raw vocal track, the lip sync thing is great.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    HauntingYourKids;3168153 said:
    Gotta admit, even without a raw vocal track, the lip sync thing is great.
    He probably recorded a raw vocal track of himself singing to use. I did that for a "cover" track my wife requested when I was learning vocal charting.

I didn't like the timing of his swing on the Muse chart. Looked almost straight-eighths at some points.

(Though I must admit, I'm also currently riding out my sustain tails too long, specifically if the following note/chord is identically: I'll probably write a Reaper action or plugin/extension to fix these automatically.)

- m
  • deku12345deku12345 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, he just did that chart quickly to get practice at using Reaper. He actually sent me the reaper file and I cleaned up the drums/guitar to get a feel for the program myself. Haven't had a chance to audition it yet.

On an unrelated note, there's quite a few Muse songs with separated tracks out there. So you actually could chart some of them with a certain degree of authenticity. Not to publish them obviously, but just to play around with. There's no harm in that, right?
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    These charts of Uprising are much better.
  • nightshade_zeronightshade_zero Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Hey, there's a thread about me! (Or at least my work!)

To answer the first question, i'm using the wav file ripped straight from the cd for all the tracks, including the backing track. If you were to miss a note, the song would continue uninterrupted.

To all complaints, I have noted them all and will take them into consideration when making more songs. Just understand that Uprising was the first song i've ever made for this. I'm a complete novice. Also, I didn't revise it much before uploading.

If anyone is expecting more, just wait a little longer. I've been working on a lot of things right now.

Edit: Yes, I'm well aware that the drums are completely f'ed up. I never read the drum authoring manual beforehand.

Also, for the lip sync, I didn't record myself singing, although i did have the idea. I just used the song file as raw vocals. I'm guessing its just luck!
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    So, what does HMX actually think though, of someone getting practice with RBN tools using songs they know but don't own masters to, if they don't publish it?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3196126 said:
    So, what does HMX actually think though, of someone getting practice with RBN tools using songs they know but don't own masters to, if they don't publish it?
    There's nothing wrong with that at all. You'll only run into problems if you try to publish it for playtesting or peer review. Practice all you want with them.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    There are available stems for Radiohead's "Nude" and "Reckoner" if anyone's interested in them. Can be great vocal songs (Reckoner also has some great drumming).

----

(edit) Enosity Says - that's cool and all but you can't talk about stems for songs that aren't available to the public (free or purchase)
  • edited October 2009
    I authored both Nude and Reckoner as test songs on RBN. They are super fun to sing. Nude's great on Guitar and Reckoner is great on Drums.

Did you hear that Radiohead?
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    HMXEnosity;3199280 said:
    I authored both Nude and Reckoner as test songs on RBN. They are super fun to sing. Nude's great on Guitar and Reckoner is great on Drums.

Did you hear that Radiohead?
    Sounds like fun... any Radiohead song will be amazing, really.