Abbey Road 360 bugs

HerSilverHammerHerSilverHammer Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I played the album in one go- made a setlist featuring all individual songs, and the medley, in their proper places.

I experience a lack of guitar sound on parts of Because, Oh! Darling and Polythene Pam.

It was mostly long notes that didn't play sounds.

I know I hit the notes, so yeah.

Comments

• aerofan11aerofan11 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Another person has mentioned this. Maybe you should email tech support about it.
    You might have to re-download them, or check your sound settings are fine.
  • RockyminRockymin Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    aerofan11;3170169 said:
    Another person has mentioned this. Maybe you should email tech support about it.
    You might have to re-download them, or check your sound settings are fine.
    I agree. I just played through Because and Oh Darling and noticed nothing unusual. Though I played Bass, gonna try guitar and see.
  • tanstontanston Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'm experiencing lack of guitar sound on one little part of the medley...guess i'll try redownloading. It's only about 30 seconds of missing sound but i'll be damned if it doesn't make it hard to hit the phrases.
  • HerSilverHammerHerSilverHammer Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    So I just played the medley online with a drummer. He confirmed Polythene Pam's main DUNN DUNN DUNNN guitar notes don't play the sounds. The notes themselves are there, but no sound~

Tried redownloadan, no go.
  • RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    This is likely a surrond sound setting issue. Change your audio to stereo, or if its on stereo, change it to something else and see what you get.
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Same thing for me on the vocals in You Never Give Me Your Money.. a few lines are not there, the track is, but no Paul :(
    I've also had the lack of vocals in The End, on disc version and DLC one. Humm.
  • thewojthewoj Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'm having this issue too. I run my audio cables to a Y-adapter because my TV only has a single audio input for VGA, which is how my 360 is connected. However, the 360's audio setting screen does not have a "Mono" audio option like the Wii, or at least not one that I can find. Any ideas?
  • HerSilverHammerHerSilverHammer Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Thom1234;3171373 said:
    Wow, HMX didn't catch any of this during playtesting? Fail.

Not downloading until this gets fixed, which seems unlikely, going by HMX's history of fixing broken notes, etc.
    It's literally BLANK, BLANK, BLANK do do do do BLANK, BLANK, BLANK, Do do dodo WELL YOU SHOuLD SEEEEE POLYTHENE PAMM

They gotta fix that.
  • dawho1dawho1 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    downloaded it tonight, played through the entire album with the wife on bass, me on guitar, and both of us singing.

we're ridiculously familiar with the album, and we didn't notice any "missing notes" or aural problems of any kind. I specifically remember playing the opening of Polythene Pam as well, and didn't have any problems.

I'm gonna go play it again now, but at this point I'd say it's not a systemic issue that everyone is having. Anyone playing with a Y-adapter and a mono speaker only probably needs to run the audio to a different device before coming to judgement.

Also, besides checking the settings on your audio equipment, make sure you change it in the in-game options to match up.

Good luck!
  • skysawskysaw Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    thewoj;3171322 said:
    I'm having this issue too. I run my audio cables to a Y-adapter because my TV only has a single audio input for VGA, which is how my 360 is connected. However, the 360's audio setting screen does not have a "Mono" audio option like the Wii, or at least not one that I can find. Any ideas?
    While I can't say if this is the source of the problem described, I can say that a Y adapter is not made to serve this purpose (mixing signals). It is a device that is made to *split* signals only. Under some conditions, it could be potentially harmful to your equipment to use it as a mixer.

One solution is to buy a small line level mixer. But it might make more sense to upgrade the TV itself. That way you can treat yourself to a better picture as well.
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    HerSilverHammer;3171420 said:
    It's literally BLANK, BLANK, BLANK do do do do BLANK, BLANK, BLANK, Do do dodo WELL YOU SHOuLD SEEEEE POLYTHENE PAMM

They gotta fix that.
    That almost certainly sounds like a stereo issue. Like maybe your left speaker is working but your right is unplugged or something. Have you checked all of your audio connections?
  • edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

This is not something we've encountered here or during playtesting. It sounds as if it's an issue with your audio settings or home theater setup. Be sure that both of your speakers are working, balanced, etc...and try setting your console to stereo (not Dolby).

You may also want to turn off the bass boost if you've turned it on or up recently.
  • FrankBlack007FrankBlack007 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    It ain't just 360, I've got a PS3 and having the same issues...notably no piano sounds at all on "YNGMYM". WTF, HMX?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited October 2009
    FrankBlack007;3177747 said:
    It ain't just 360, I've got a PS3 and having the same issues...notably no piano sounds at all on "YNGMYM". WTF, HMX?
    The piano sounds on YNGMYM come out of the speaker on the right (the red plug). If that's not connected (or connected properly), you won't hear the piano sounds.
    edited October 2009
    Groudon199;3178068 said:
    The piano sounds on YNGMYM come out of the speaker on the right (the red plug). If that's not connected (or connected properly), you won't hear the piano sounds.
    I'm using optical out and get plenty of good discrete stereo out of my right speaker with everything else.
    edited October 2009
    HMXThrasher;3172756 said:
    Hi guys,

This is not something we've encountered here or during playtesting. It sounds as if it's an issue with your audio settings or home theater setup. Be sure that both of your speakers are working, balanced, etc...and try setting your console to stereo (not Dolby).

You may also want to turn off the bass boost if you've turned it on or up recently.
    Done all of that and still nothing. TB:RB, Uncharted 2, Rock Band 2, *everything* else I have offers perfect 5.1 stereo....just not this DLC. And i'm not alone. I think some people might not realize it because they don't know the songs, but what I've got is faulty. The disc songs are perfect, the DLC is screwed up.

Please fix it.