Abbey Road DLC Dreamscape question

onidragononidragon Road Warrior
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So I read in GameSpot that no new Dreamscapes would be made for Abbey Road. For those who have the full DLC: Are the dreamscapes just recycled from other songs or are they changed in some way? I got Max's Silver Hammer as part of the GameStop deal, and it just looks like the Birthday dreamscape sans fireworks. Is it like that for the other songs? Any help would be helpful.

Comments

• ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    onidragon;3170867 said:
    So I read in GameSpot that no new Dreamscapes would be made for Abbey Road. For those who have the full DLC: Are the dreamscapes just recycled from other songs or are they changed in some way? I got Max's Silver Hammer as part of the GameStop deal, and it just looks like the Birthday dreamscape sans fireworks. Is it like that for the other songs? Any help would be helpful.
    Partially yes and no.

They use some parts of other dreamscapes while employing new parts as well. Look up "Because", I've never seen that before.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    You honestly think Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Birthday look almost the exact same?

... Because in a way I'd agree with you but MSH's dreamscape does a really good job of trying to be unique, and it does quite nicely (I like the font for the "bang bang" - shame it never showed up elsewhere from what I know).
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3170906 said:
    (I like the font for the "bang bang" - shame it never showed up elsewhere from what I know).
    It reminds me of Back in the USSR. Also, You Never Give Your Money and Mean Mr. Mustard surprised me. It's: (spoilers, highlight to show)
    like Dear Prudence/Good Morning Good Morning, you know green fields
    Also, Sun King and Because were cool.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Here's the thing. They have maybe a dozen or more stages, several graphic effects, several backgrounds, several lighting effects and colors. Not to mention extra costumes, poses and camera angles.

They will repeat graphics, yes. But there are still some flourishes specifically made for songs yet to be released. And when you consider the huge number of combinations that can be made from all the designs, it becomes apparent that there are plenty of tricks up their sleeve. For instance, did you notice that the zodiac signs found in Tomorrow Never Knows/Within You Without You are what is used for the sun in Here Comes The Sun? I couldn't tell from that one, but when they reused the sun in Sun King, I noticed it. Pretty ingenious.

And speaking of which, that explains the other way they can make them unique. Plenty of songs reuse the same themes and would fit with very similar designs. Helter Skelter could easily be used for Me and My Monkey. Designs from Revolution would fit Happiness Is A Warm Gun. And do we expect to see anything but Sgt Pepper gear for most of the songs on that album?
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    gamegyro56;3171202 said:
    It reminds me of Back in the USSR. Also, You Never Give Your Money and Mean Mr. Mustard surprised me. It's: (spoilers, highlight to show)
    like Dear Prudence/Good Morning Good Morning, you know green fields
    Also, Sun King and Because were cool.
    All of them were pretty cool. I loved how John was shown sitting passively for Sun King, as he actually was inclined to do at the time. It makes me very excited for future DLC. What do they have up their sleeve for the huge buildup in A Day In The Life??

And the font thing is an easy effort. It's possible they have preexisting text rendered as an image, but I'd imagine it's more likely that they took some cheap fonts and have words superimposed, which lets them use that effect anytime they need it for a song.
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    You know they could be either A. not supporting this game, or B. Charging more for these "new and old" dreamscapes."
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Sun King = best dreamscape ever
  • WildSubnetWildSubnet Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    There wasn't anything ground breaking here but they did look "new". Mostly visual effects with them in the studio. Which is kind of what I expected, honestly. The songs cost the same as a normal Rockband song. The file sizes are about the same - AbbeyRoad was almost the exact same size as the Queen pack. Given this information one shouldn't expect too much more to be there.