Abbey Road side B medley for Wii

MiloparMilopar Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I've seen a lot of posts hinting at the idea that the medley is not available for Wii. Does anyone know if it has been confirmed?

Comments

• pjhaanpjhaan Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I think this is true because on the Wii you can only buy individual tracks. I downloaded all the tracks this morning but I didn't have a chance to play it yet.

The individual track thing is annoying on the Wii because it makes the album more expensive.
  • MiloparMilopar Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I've downloaded them all too but it disappointing to know that its available to some but not all.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Check out the "Announcements" forum for the track listing. The whole medley is there for Wii, but you have to play it in separate parts. I've played the tracks many times now. It's awesome: ;The important thing is that Slumbers/Weight/The End have been kept together as one track, and is possibly the best thing that's ever appeared in a music game. :) If you have a Wii and it's your only console, go on and download it all. You'll have a blast.
  • Len1023Len1023 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    The wii cannot play the medley as one track. However what you can do is download all the parts to the medley and create a setlist with them. It'll have a break inbetween the songs, but if you really want it for the wii, that's probably the best you can do.
  • bleckmanbleckman Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    i just played the Entire Abby road album and "The End" is on there twice. I didn't download "the End" but it is a separate song you can play
  • edited October 2009
    Hey there - posting some information for you from another thread.

Yes, as Len1023 pointed out, you will not be able to play the medley as one track.
    HMXThrasher;3172973 said:
    Hey all - I've noticed that a lot of you are asking questions about the medley and the make up of the album in the store. Here's an answer that will hopefully clear things up a bit. Currently the nintendo wii does not support the downloading of “packed content”, nor files the size that Abbey Road’s medley would be.
    You can, of course, still download all of the tracks individually and play through them in the game.

• gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Milopar;3171607 said:
    I've seen a lot of posts hinting at the idea that the medley is not available for Wii. Does anyone know if it has been confirmed?
    It's not a hint. There is no medley for the wii. It sucks because the whole album for the wii is $2.50 more and you don't even get the medley. The only thing the wii has over the Xbox is that you can get more individual tracks.
  • MiloparMilopar Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Thanks all for responding. I agree that it sucks not to have the medley but overall, getting the tracks is good for me.
  • azcoyotedogazcoyotedog Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Why can't Nintendo put together another patch or system update so we can download the full length medley as it's available to others? Creating a setlist is okay, but the delay between songs sucks! I find it difficult to understand Nintendo's position on this? You would think Nintendo would want to be competitive?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    azcoyotedog;3174315 said:
    Why can't Nintendo put together another patch or system update so we can download the full length medley as it's available to others? Creating a setlist is okay, but the delay between songs sucks! I find it difficult to understand Nintendo's position on this? You would think Nintendo would want to be competitive?
    The issue is not that they don't want to. The issue is that the Wii cannot handle a file that big. It only has 88MB of RAM, and we're talking about a file that is bigger than that.
  • azcoyotedogazcoyotedog Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    davidshek;3174361 said:
    The issue is not that they don't want to. The issue is that the Wii cannot handle a file that big. It only has 88MB of RAM, and we're talking about a file that is bigger than that.
    If there's a wii, there's a way? hehehehe