Abbey Road DLC stats

tcole6tcole6 Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So..I'm relatively new to this whole thing...but how and when (or if) will we get an idea how well the Abbey Road DLC performed in downloads? Would love to know.

Comments

• DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It took me about 10 minutes, probably?
  • tcole6tcole6 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Hahaha. Very funny. Just to clarify...I was curious how soon before we would discover how many downloads were made.

Just want to see if beat any other DLCs in recent history. Really hoping that it was EXCELLENT so Harmonix will be inspired to provide the entire catalog someday...
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Don't hold your breath. HMX has released very very very very few download numbers for specific items.
  • rad5brandonrad5brandon Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    You can assume its high, because its the beatles.
  • justintimeROAjustintimeROA Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    If they are going to do it, it will probably after each console has had it for a week. So next Thursday perhaps? I don't count on them saying anything unless it's an extraordinary large number.
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    The only thing I've ever heard about regarding DLC is All You Need Is Love sold 100,000 in first month. Probably because of the charity.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    BeatlesPhins1;3174274 said:
    The only thing I've ever heard about regarding DLC is All You Need Is Love sold 100,000 in first month. Probably because of the charity.
    It's nice that All You Need Is Love brought in money for charity, but it would have sold 100,000 in the first month regardless...and much more than that if it had been available on all consoles.
  • darkversiondarkversion Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Yup very true
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    If the album is doing well, we'll hear about it. If it's doing satisfactorily, we'll hear that it's doing well. If we hear nothing, then it really could still be anything.

We don't usually hear how DLC is selling, but most of the time, nobody really cares except for huge fans and people who want the occasional updates on totals.

If you really want to know how well it sells, there's easy ways to find out. Check the leaderboards. Play a song with a new account or that you've just never played in band mode on medium and go for just above failing. Whatever rank you have, that's probably close to how many downloads it has had.
    edited October 2009
    OK, for The Wii on Solo Guitar, I got 3* and a score of about 11,000 on Golden/Weight/End and it said I was ranked 971, I think.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Well I think that way of checking the sales would be much more "accurate" on the 360 because if you play the medley, whatever the lowest ranking is gives you a pretty good idea of how many people bought the album since you must buy the entire thing to play that. Where as if you just play a single or two on the Wii, that's just how many people bought that particular song, not a full gauge of how much they spent altogether.

Like if you barely finished the medley on the 360 and were ranked 10,000, that means at the very least 10,000 people bought the full album.
    edited October 2009
    Exactly. I wish I could check, but I don't have an XBOX. Gotta be SOMEBODY willing to find this out somehow. Even if just trying a different instrument, that could be telling. If you're a drummer, you probably haven't gotten a solo guitar ranking, and vice versa.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    To get something resembling an accurate number you'd have to:

1. Get the full list of names on all solo instrument leaderboards and band leaderboard
    2. Remove all duplicate names
    3. Count up the number of names you have left

That's what (I think) Keldon and RockBandStats do for their DLC popularity numbers. Even then, that's not completely accurate, as one could download the tracks and always play them offline, never registering on the leaderboard. That's why only HMX/EA/MS/Sony/Nintendo have the accurate sales numbers.
    edited October 2009
    Look, we don't need accurate sales figures. We just want to ballpark it. Getting drum and guitar score counts doesn't tell us much, but it does when you compare them to scores on the respective systems.

For instance, the most popular song on the Wii in the last month or so was Avenged Sevenfold (sigh). The count of guitar scores for that song since September 1st is 920. For Breaking Benjamin's The Diary of Jane, the second most popular Wii song (sigh), the count of guitar scores is 667 for a few weeks.

There are huge problems with this strategy, yes, but I doubt we'll get real numbers, so the best we can do is take a look at other ways of tracking.