I don't understand this error?

wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/my documents/superhero in progress.mid (PART DRUMS): Double note-on(96) at 12:2:240
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/my documents/superhero in progress.mid (PART DRUMS): Double note-off(96) at 12:2:270

There are no double notes in those places,Just off beat kicks.This didn't start happening until I added in the hard chart.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8395/image1dp.jpg

Any help?

Comments

• MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Your Expert kick drum has a duplicate note, one on top of the other. Select it and delete it. Should be another just like it underneath.

- m
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Did that...No notes under them.

I'm confused.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Have you messed with the tempo map after laying it out the first time? Or did you 'go back' in the song and adjust the tempo ever while laying it out?
    edited October 2009
    Nope,The drum track was made by midi using EZdrummer...Its perfectly 175 the entire time.
  • nothingsnothings Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I don't know what's going on there, but try checking view:mode:event list (alt-3) and look at those exact times to see if there's anything there. Other random things I can think of that might or might be able to cause this: check that you didn't accidentally make a copy of the part drums midi track so there's a second one; check that there's only one take/event in the part drums track.
    edited October 2009
    *Update*

I deleted the hard gems and the problem went away...What could be causing this?
  • nothingsnothings Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I don't know, since none of the kicks (hard or expert) fell at that particular time in the first place. If it happens again, look at the event list view.

Another way it could happen is if you had set up some crazy MIDI effects on the MIDI FX panel (beyond the two that the template sets), but that sounds unlikely.
    edited October 2009
    *edit*

I fixed it...Not sure how,But I just removed the hard gems and re-added them ... The errors went away.

Random bug perhaps?
  • eklynxeklynx Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    This happened to me when i had midi notes of the 'minimum' length (Logic marks the length as '. . . 1'). As soon as i raised the length to '. . . 2', the issue went away. I'm guessing the midi track lists down and up on the same beat and the compiler mis-states the error, seeing the second note as an 'up' event on the same beat and same note.