A local death metal band that might be interested in RBN...

TrogdonTrogdon Rising Star
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I'm sure I could get this local band in my area called Maw of Poseidon into RBN, if anyone really wants more death metal. Would anyone be interested in charting it, or even be interested in it?
This is the band I speak of, if you are interested

http://www.myspace.com/mawofposeidon

sorry if this is the wrong section or if I shouldn't be posting a thread at all, moderators can lock if it's a bad thread or something.

Comments

• mrnuzzlespleenmrnuzzlespleen Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Put them in touch with the companies here: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156832

They'll chart and do the whole process.

But yes, encourage them! Indeed, encourage any band/music people you know! The more acts, the better!
  • pickleboy1219pickleboy1219 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    these guys are sick. i would chart but i dont hav the software and i play on wii anyways lol
  • TaskusorsaTaskusorsa Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Sounds good. The more death metal in Rock Band the better.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    geez moar death metal *sigh*
  • ZiggyXNAMVPZiggyXNAMVP Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I love the technical aspect of death metal music however I feel for the singers :)
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited November 2009
    JoshVanHalen87;3183045 said:

Baw.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Lady Siara;3205460 said:

Baw.
    More like...

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRR
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    FYI, other than deathcore, there is actually a very small amount of death metal in the game :(
  • dabears116dabears116 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    There are two death metal songs in Rock Band, seven if you count deathgrind, deathcore, and melodeath.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Wait Cannibal Corpse and who else? I forget.
    edited November 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3207429 said:
    Wait Cannibal Corpse and who else? I forget.
    Black Dahlia Murder :p
    edited November 2009
    Conquer All
    instantdeath999;3207477 said:
    Black Dahlia Murder :p
    They deathcore.
    edited November 2009
    Ah, thats what I was thinking. I figured if you were gonna seperate deathgrind and melodeath than blackened death metal...

Just politics at that point.
    edited November 2009
    dabears116;3207478 said:
    Conquer AllThey deathcore.
    Black Dahlia Murder are about as br00tal you can get. Much more than those Slayer or Morbid Angel pussies.

You see, you shouldn't argue with me on these things. My vast knowledge of death metal stretches from Metallica to the really br00tal stuff like Suicide Silence. However, I'm very open minded, so I play some Blink-182 and Miley Cyrus to balance it out.
    Onslaught_fei;3207483 said:
    Ah, thats what I was thinking. I figured if you were gonna seperate deathgrind and melodeath than blackened death metal...

Being serial for a moment, I think it's perfectly all right to count the melodic death metal as "death metal in RB". If I remember correctly, At the Gates was the first proper "death metal" song we got in RB, but again, only if you count melodic.
    edited November 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3207483 said:

Conquer All is not blackened death metal (there is only a tiny black metal influence left, as seen in the melody of the song), Behemoth stopped playing blackened death metal by the time they released Demigod. This is their blackened death metal work.
    instantdeath999;3207549 said:
    Black Dahlia Murder are about as br00tal you can get. Much more than those Slayer or Morbid Angel pussies.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but deathcore is a lot more "brutal" than most death metal. That still doesn't make it death metal though.
    instantdeath999;3207549 said:
    Being serial for a moment, I think it's perfectly all right to count the melodic death metal as "death metal in RB". If I remember correctly, At the Gates was the first proper "death metal" song we got in RB, but again, only if you count melodic.
    I'd rather not count it, for it is a bit unjust when people expect people wanting death metal to be satisfied with some pseudo death metal. It's like expecting people wanting black metal to be satisfied with Dimmu Borgir, or people wanting prog to be satisfied with Dream Theater.
    edited November 2009
    I've always thought "brutal" in regards to music is extremely bastardized, though. If anything, I would think "brutalness" would lie in the lyrics.
    edited November 2009
    No "brutalness" lies in the speed (sans doom and sludge), harshness of the vocals, heaviness of the riffs (sans black metal), and dark atmosphere, lyrics have nothing to do with it, it's all in the sound.
    edited November 2009
    dabears116;3207615 said:
    No "brutalness" lies in the speed (sans doom and sludge), harshness of the vocals, heaviness of the riffs (sans black metal), and dark atmosphere, lyrics have nothing to do with it, it's all in the sound.
    I was only referring to the traditional meaning of "brutal", not meaning to suggest that's what it refers to in terms of music.
    edited November 2009
    Your link is broken.
    edited November 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3207641 said:
    Your link is broken.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Iel1Ho3kA
    edited November 2009
    Nah.... nope... gonna just have to disagree with you. Both sound like Behemoth (bad) and both I'd still call blackened death. Granted Conquer All is a bit more guttural but gutturals doesnt take away from the blackness anymore than Kelly Schaefer's or Chuck Schuldiner's rasps take away from the death.
    edited November 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3207682 said:
    Nah.... nope... gonna just have to disagree with you. Both sound like Behemoth (bad) and both I'd still call blackened death. Granted Conquer All is a bit more guttural but gutturals doesnt take away from the blackness anymore than Kelly Schaefer's or Chuck Schuldiner's rasps take away from the death.
    It doesn't have anything to do with the vocals (well it does, but it doesn't have to). The riffing, atmosphere, and complexity in Conquer All is not that of black metal. Pandemonic Incantations has tremolo picking harmonies, a messier production, a darker atmosphere, and a much less technical side.

That being said Conquer All does have a black metal influence in the harmonies (although the riffs are still clearly death metal), but not to the point where it could be called blackened death metal.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I don't feel the bleak, black atmosphere in Conquer All as I do with other Blackened Death.
    edited November 2009
    Oh yeah, absolutely. Conquer All is death metal (easily more so than black metal) but I still wouldn't call it straight death metal. I mean Obituary was sloppy as **** at times and Autopsy had ****ty production. Regardless Im not disagreeing with you on that aspect but to discount Visions and yet include Conquer All just threw me off. I was thinking I had forgotten to download a death metal song.
    edited November 2009
    back_blows;3207704 said:
    I don't feel the bleak, black atmosphere in Conquer All as I do with DIMMU BORGIR.
    Touche.
    edited November 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3207712 said:
    Oh yeah, absolutely. Conquer All is death metal (easily more so than black metal) but I still wouldn't call it straight death metal. I mean Obituary was sloppy as **** at times and Autopsy had ****ty production. Regardless Im not disagreeing with you on that aspect but to discount Visions and yet include Conquer All just threw me off. I was thinking I had forgotten to download a death metal song.
    Yea I guess I was too selective...

...3 death metal songs out of 904 (~0.3% of the library), still not enough.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3207713 said:
    Touche.
    Dimmu Borgir does create an atmosphere though. Of course, it all goes to **** with their generic, crappy-ass symphony.
    edited November 2009
    Classify this.

Ive heard them called like 5 different things.
    edited November 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3207738 said:
    Classify this.

Ive heard them called like 5 different things.
    I wanna say death metal with doom influence, idk though.

PS: Thanks for the recommendation :D
    edited November 2009
    dabears116;3207745 said:
    I wanna say death metal with doom influence, idk though.

PS: Thanks for the recommendation :D
    I call them First wave black metal meets deathdoom. When trying to classify the pick I used for my setlist some sites were calling it progressive dark metal. I just ended up using black metal.