"Because" Vox, Triple Fab-ing Expert

ValiantPaulValiantPaul Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Anyone tried it yet? I know how unforgiving vox are on expert, and hitting the harmonies must be friggin damn near impossble without practice. Post your results...

I got lotsa compliments for my expert vox yesterday afternoon on X-Box Live because I "Fab" damn near every song...so if anyone wants to meet up on XBL let me know.

Comments

• PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Well I've done double fabs on it with my wife. We haven't got her brother over yet to help us. He is pretty good at the harmonies because he sang in a choir.

Other than that I think the song is fun to sing. I actually was disappointed with the Queen pack because of no harmonies.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited October 2009
    I did it with two fiends, all triple fabs hit.

Took us fourteen trys though.

And that was on medium....
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I do recommend going into vocal practice mode and humming along to the guide note a few times. That's the only way on some of these songs, specifically this one.

**** all the guitar people that say this is too easy, I guarentee none of them even tried doing the harmonies. Sissies
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I've sung the harmonies on this song more than singing the lead. I've hit each individual part flawlessly, but no triple fabs yet, as we don't have a third singer. I have a bad cough/bronchial thing right now, so it might be a while before I sing again.

The song can be quite tough for some, but no problems for just me 'n the gf. Just need the third.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I tried several times, but it seems you can't gold-star this song on solo vocals. The highest score I was able to get was 74,000...but no gold stars at the end. :confused:

That leaves only this song and "Helter Skelter" on which I've not been able to achieve this feat.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    HotMangoChutney;3181394 said:
    I tried several times, but it seems you can't gold-star this song on solo vocals. The highest score I was able to get was 74,000...but no gold stars at the end. :confused:

That leaves only this song and "Helter Skelter" on which I've not been able to achieve this feat.
    It pings Gold Stars at 76,000 if I remember correctly. Use the first Beatlemania set you get right before the "Ah, love is old, love is new" part. There are only three Beatlemania phrases in the song, so it's normal if you have leftover Beatlemania when the song ends.

And Helter Skelter is EVIL. febwkgnwgh
    Took me AGES to finally get enough points to GS it. I think it's at 158,000. Not sure.. But it IS possible. It just needs a LOT of takes.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    hannie3000;3182047 said:
    It pings Gold Stars at 76,000 if I remember correctly. Use the first Beatlemania set you get right before the "Ah, love is old, love is new" part. There are only three Beatlemania phrases in the song, so it's normal if you have leftover Beatlemania when the song ends.

Took me AGES to finally get enough points to GS it. I think it's at 158,000. Not sure.. But it IS possible. It just needs a LOT of takes.
    You are correct. On both counts!
  • azcoyotedogazcoyotedog Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Okay, you guys are going to hate me :) ... what is vox?
  • BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    voice, I suppose
  • monkeytennismonkeytennis Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I know there must be some people out there triple-fabbing the new DLC but I can't find any evidence of it on YouTube. In fact screencaps of anyone doing any singing seem pretty rare - so far I have found the grand total of ONE video demonstrating harmony singing in B:RB, and even that's only 2 part.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it because they're being taken down as fast as people are putting them up?
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    hannie3000;3182047 said:
    Indeed, when you sing the song the way you always heard it and found out that you heard parts of it inaccurately, it's definitely a little jarring. Those damn 'tell me tell me tell me your answer' lines from the second and third verses that I can never seem to get right (in addition to the ad-libs). It took me around 20 tries just to finally 5-star it (so I could get ALL the photos unlocked).

I guess that's the one negative thing about singing on Expert (on this or any other RB incarnation): there's no room for personal liberties -- you basically have to sing it EXACTLY like the original artist all the way through. : ?
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Because is actually the best, and the hardest, track at the entire Abbey Road pack. Harmonies are insane. Should get much more love, amazing dreamscape too.
  • chumsicleschumsicles Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    My dad can only sing the high harmony in Because, so I have to put him on harmonies mode to pass the song
    yaniv297;3189387 said:
    Because is actually the best, and the hardest, track at the entire Abbey Road pack. Harmonies are insane. Should get much more love, amazing dreamscape too.
    I disagree, FCing Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End was one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had in Rock Band. Ditto for Maxwell's Silver Hammer
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    chumsicles;3191681 said:
    My dad can only sing the high harmony in Because, so I have to put him on harmonies mode to pass the song

I disagree, FCing Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End was one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had in Rock Band. Ditto for Maxwell's Silver Hammer
    I can understand that. For the longest time, I thought John was singing the high part, so when I sang Johns part, I was surprised when his vocal part mostly kept the same pitch. Definitely threw me off.