Sgt. Pepper's Dreamscapes Discussion

TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So, throw your ideas in here. =p Remember Harmonix's main "rule" with dreamscapes: they can't be literal interpretations of the lyrics.

Fixing a Hole: No idea.
She's Leaving Home: I guess they don't show any of them playing any instruments (because they don't play any at all in this song). But that's as far as I can get.
Being for The Benefit of Mr. Kite: Although the circus could be considered "too literal", I'd love to see something like it.
When I'm Sixty-Four: I'm 100% sure that "When I'm Sixty-Four" will appear in the background when Paul sings that part.
Lovely Rita: Good question. Another one that I have no idea.
Within You Without You: I guess they'll recycle most of the WYWY/TNK dreamscape.
Sgt Pepper Reprise: Sequel to the SPLHCB/WLHFMF dreamscape. Shows them playing on the same venue, except at night (maybe landing somewhere before the songs starts?).
A Day In The Life: My idea would be the Beatles walking in a deserted London. Or walking in a crowded London while not being noticed by any passerby. But I don't think that's possible with DLC.

Comments

• LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2009
    One thing I'm curious about with Within You Without You... in the middle section of the mashup version on-disk, Ringo vanishes completely during the tabla parts. So I wonder if the full version is going to actually animate him playing the tabla parts on a standard drum kit, or if they'll just hide him again. It'll be a shame if he's hidden for the whole song, since he was so cool and scary-looking in that dreamscape.
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    When I'm Sixty-Four:
    Paul starts singing, then the camera flashes to him sitting in his rocking chair, reconciling his life while his lady sells their posessions to buy food for him
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    LuigiHann;3179582 said:
    One thing I'm curious about with Within You Without You... in the middle section of the mashup version on-disk, Ringo vanishes completely during the tabla parts. So I wonder if the full version is going to actually animate him playing the tabla parts on a standard drum kit, or if they'll just hide him again. It'll be a shame if he's hidden for the whole song, since he was so cool and scary-looking in that dreamscape.
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. But actually playing those percussion instruments will be awesome.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    For the Sgt. Pepper reprise, I'd imagine the gazebo landing back in the park area. Then, after they're finished and the clapping stops, it'll transition into the A Day in the Life dreamscape by showing the band in the gazebo after the show and John strumming an acoustic guitar. Then, it'd cut to the band in the studio when John sings "I read the news today, oh boy." From there on, it'd be just them in the studio until the first crescendo, where there will be wild colors everywhere. After that, it'll cut to a combination of the music halls/stages in the dreamscapes to Hello Goodbye and Polythene Pam/She Came in Through the Bathroom Window where the band will play Paul's section in the song with Paul at the piano. Then after "Somebody spoke and I went into a dream," it'll cut to a sort of psychedelic background for Johns ahhhh's. Then back to the studio for the remainder of the song until the crescendo, where the wild colors repeat. Next, the screen goes black after the crescendo stops, but then it'll cut to show Ringo hit the final piano chord and the screen will then fade out.
  • bobellis75bobellis75 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    A day in the life...I think it could just cut from scene to scene...that song paints such vivid pictures in my opinion, it could be done really cool....

Show John sitting and drinking a coffee or tea while reading the paper...then zoom in on the article to where "I saw the photograph"....show a b&w photo of a car, then have it transition to a color scene, where the car sits at a green light (because he hadn't notice that the light had changed) and have a lot of people standing around staring (in shock).

Next, cut to the Beatles in a movie theater watching a film today oh boy....etc....

Then we jumpt to Paul sleeping, an alarm clock wakes him, he jumps out of bed, we see him getting ready, combing his hair...goes downstairs grabs a cup, looking up he noticed he was late...have him running out the door, grab his coat, hat and make the bus in seconds flat. Then somebody spoke and he went into a dream - at this point, have a crazy dreamscape with all four beatles, and then we snap back to reality to the opening scene (as we come back to "I read the news today oh boy"). Then have the paper fill with holes and zoom in and have the Beatles walking around counting the holes....then maybe have them fall into holes, which takes them back to the crazy dreamscape until the song ends......
    edited October 2009
    Lovely Rita - I think it'd be cool to have the song playing while Rita the meter maid is out writing tickets...and jump from scene to scene of each Beatle trying to ask her out, etc...and all of them getting shot down by Rita. Maybe have it start off with her writing Paul a ticket, and he tries to flirt with her, then cut to each Beatle talking their way out of a ticket (or trying anyway)...could be a funny dreamscape.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    bobellis75;3179821 said:
    A day in the life...I think it could just cut from scene to scene...that song paints such vivid pictures in my opinion, it could be done really cool....

Show John sitting and drinking a coffee or tea while reading the paper...then zoom in on the article to where "I saw the photograph"....show a b&w photo of a car, then have it transition to a color scene, where the car sits at a green light (because he hadn't notice that the light had changed) and have a lot of people standing around staring (in shock).

Next, cut to the Beatles in a movie theater watching a film today oh boy....etc....

Then we jumpt to Paul sleeping, an alarm clock wakes him, he jumps out of bed, we see him getting ready, combing his hair...goes downstairs grabs a cup, looking up he noticed he was late...have him running out the door, grab his coat, hat and make the bus in seconds flat. Then somebody spoke and he went into a dream - at this point, have a crazy dreamscape with all four beatles, and then we snap back to reality to the opening scene (as we come back to "I read the news today oh boy"). Then have the paper fill with holes and zoom in and have the Beatles walking around counting the holes....then maybe have them fall into holes, which takes them back to the crazy dreamscape until the song ends......
    bobellis75;3179848 said:
    Lovely Rita - I think it'd be cool to have the song playing while Rita the meter maid is out writing tickets...and jump from scene to scene of each Beatle trying to ask her out, etc...and all of them getting shot down by Rita. Maybe have it start off with her writing Paul a ticket, and he tries to flirt with her, then cut to each Beatle talking their way out of a ticket (or trying anyway)...could be a funny dreamscape.
    These dreamscapes are WAYYYYY to literal. I definitely wouldn't enjoy them. It's better when they are more obscure.
  • bjordan42bjordan42 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I really hope they do a circus dreamscape for "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite", even though, like the OP said, it would be too literal. It would make the dreamscape for BFBOMK more unique instead of their default meddow dreamscapes they use on alot of songs. In fact, I think they'll make "She's Leaving Home" like a similar dreamscape to "Good Morning, Good Morning", I just can't put my finger on why. "Within You, Without You" is probably going to be the same as on the disc, with only minor differences. And I bet Lovely Rita would be another one of their trippier dreamscapes (I mean, it's Sgt. Pepper... half the songs were made to be trippy dreamscapes!). Other than that I really can't speculate on the intricate details without being too literal, or using ideas from their past dreamscapes. Whatever their up to, it should be interesting.

All in all, I only hope they put as much effort in the dreamscapes of Sgt. Pepper, as they did with Abbey Road. If they do, I'll be one happy bunny. :D
    MostSpartan14;3179858 said:
    These dreamscapes are WAYYYYY to literal. I definitely wouldn't enjoy them. It's better when they are more obscure.
    Yeah I agree. Just think of what "Maxwell's Silver Hammer'' would be like if they were into taking songs literally. haha
    edited October 2009
    Yeah I know they are literal...but I think those songs both just really have pretty strong visuals built into them. That's all I'm saying.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    bjordan42;3179861 said:
    In fact, I think they'll make "She's Leaving Home" like a similar dreamscape to "Good Morning, Good Morning", I just can't put my finger on why.
    Really? Me too! In fact, that's how I envisioned the dreamscape even before the game came out and we saw the GM,GM dreamscape. For some reason, it just seems to fit the song.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I could see day in life and the reprise in this thing at around 1 minute in at this video http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=555313769721

Mr kite will recycle getting better but making it more circusy most likely. With circus type images on the wall.

Within You Without You full in studio with maybe some bluring effects.
    edited October 2009
    Honestly, I don't think having Mr Kite at a circus would be all too literal. I mean, Yellow Submarine had a yellow submarine. If it was at a circus, it's not like it would have to literally depict every single thing said. I mean, A Day in The Life and Lovely Rita ideas are way too literal because they aren't even dreamscapes, they're like music videos. Simply having it at a circus wouldn't be too literal at all.
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    DookieMan;3179898 said:
    I mean, Yellow Submarine had a yellow submarine.
    The Yellow Submarine dreamscape totally should have been in the hot air balloon.
    I mean, after the singer sings his song he, wait for it, sings ANOTHER song!
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    DookieMan;3179898 said:
    Honestly, I don't think having Mr Kite at a circus would be all too literal. I mean, Yellow Submarine had a yellow submarine. If it was at a circus, it's not like it would have to literally depict every single thing said. I mean, A Day in The Life and Lovely Rita ideas are way too literal because they aren't even dreamscapes, they're like music videos. Simply having it at a circus wouldn't be too literal at all.
    But fans would've torched Harmonix's studios if they hadn't put the Yellow Submarine.

Well, I do hope they put the circus in Mr. Kite.

BTW, has anyone noticed that in the intro, you can see a poster written: "Come Together for the Benefit of Mr. Kite"? =3
  • HerSilverHammerHerSilverHammer Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    For She's Leaving Home, I see The Beatles appearing as black and white contour versions of themselves, moving slowly around a new backdrop, a house on a hill on a lightly rainy day. Not a full on hill, but a small hill with more character than a plain neighbor. They watch on, performing, but there's no one there. Footsteps are made, and a shape is made in the rain implying there is someone there, but there's nothing there at all.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    There will probably only be either fields like in Good Morning Good Morning/Dear Prudence/You Never Give Me Your Money/Here Comes The Sun, the gazebo/hot air balloon area, or normal psychedelic dreamscapes. There aren't going to be any circuses or newspapers or photographs or other things.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2009
    I do wonder if they could re-purpose the Pepperland gazebo area for Mr Kite, with some simple texture/hue swaps, but that might be tacky.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    I don't think a circus is too literal, considering in Yellow Submarine we got an actual yellow submarine.
  • robo_ninjarobo_ninja Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Fixing a Hole: stage like in Getting Better
    She's Leaving Home: flower field
    Being for The Benefit of Mr. Kite: I'm guessing a super trippy background with lots of colors
    When I'm Sixty-Four: White background like in Maxwell and Birthday and possibly When I'm Sixty Four popping up
    Lovely Rita: Similar to dreamscape of Good Morning Good Morning with the clouds moving fast
    Within You Without You: maybe similar to the Because dreamscape
    Sgt Pepper Reprise:SPLHCB/WLHFMF at night
    A Day In The Life: Damn i hope they saved a good dreamscape for this on disc.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    robo_ninja;3181028 said:
    Fixing a Hole: stage like in Getting Better
    She's Leaving Home: flower field
    Being for The Benefit of Mr. Kite: I'm guessing a super trippy background with lots of colors
    When I'm Sixty-Four: White background like in Maxwell and Birthday and possibly When I'm Sixty Four popping up
    Lovely Rita: Similar to dreamscape of Good Morning Good Morning with the clouds moving fast
    Within You Without You: maybe similar to the Because dreamscape
    Sgt Pepper Reprise:SPLHCB/WLHFMF at night
    A Day In The Life: Damn i hope they saved a good dreamscape for this on disc.
    this. except WYWY will also include things from the love version.
  • Marvelfan13Marvelfan13 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Alright, first off, WYWY should take place on a modified Harrison Hill or a meadow. Everytime I hear that song I think of a peaceful meadow in india, not an acid trip like WYWY/TNK. Secondly, SPLHCB reprise should take place at the same bandstand that SPLHCB took place in but at night. SLH should be dark like Because, because the song is already dark.
    edited October 2009
    gamegyro56;3181144 said:
    this. except WYWY will also include things from the love version.
    This, except WYWY will be just like the love version dreamscape. =p
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited October 2009
    I think that fixing a hole will be color change like good morning good morning was when they are not in a field. Then, twards the end, after the guitar solo, it switches to the well, i forget.

I had it all planned out, but now i forget.
  • RockyminRockymin Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    DookieMan;3179898 said:
    Well, since Mr. Kite was inspired by a real 19th century circus poster that John had bought, it probably could be considered too literal.

Here's the poster: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MrKitePoster.jpg
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited October 2009
    Ive never seen that poster before Rockymin, thanks for the link...
  • RockyminRockymin Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    fuselage321;3181622 said:
    Ive never seen that poster before Rockymin, thanks for the link...
    You're very welcome. I love that poster, reading through it, you can see all the stuff mentioned in the song. Though its clear John changed some stuff LOL :).
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I think a coloured version of the Because dreamscape could work for Mr. Kite.
    Also, the Day in the Life dreamscape ought to have the Elephino(Rhinophant?) incorporated somehow.
    edited October 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if a Day In the Life already has a brand new dreamscape on disc, and maybe even for some of the other songs not announced yet. It is definitely one of those major songs that are definitely deserving of it.
    edited October 2009
    DookieMan;3182432 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if a Day In the Life already has a brand new dreamscape on disc, and maybe even for some of the other songs not announced yet. It is definitely one of those major songs that are definitely deserving of it.
    But wouldn't people know about it when tinkering with the game's data? I'm sure someone's tried it already.
    edited October 2009
    I edited the title so Rubber Soul dreamscapes can be discussed as well.

However, the main topic of discussion is if Rubber Soul will get dreamscapes at all. I think Norwegian Wood and In My will get them.

I also wished Nowhere Man got one, but since it was played in Budokan(and other live concerts) if I'm not mistaken, I doubt it.

My idea for In My Life would be that they start playing in the studio, and then they're transferred to an empty Cavern Club, in black and white, then they go to the Ed Sulivan Show, Shea Stadium and Budokan. Too literal, maybe?