3 Questions

QPR_bradQPR_brad Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I want to get The Beatles: Rock Band. This will be my first Rock Band game!

I was just wondering whether I should get it on the Wii or the PS3? I'd rather get it on the Wii but thought the graphics etc might be better on the PS3?

Also, when you play it on the Wii, does the Wii-mote controller come into it at all? Or do you just plug the instruments into the Wii's USB ports?

Lastly, once I buy The Beatles: Rock Band, can I download more songs? Are these downloadable songs just Beatles tracks or can I get other songs?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    It all depends on if you already have instruments for the Wii or PS3. PS3's graphics are a lot better. Wii's aren't horrible, but the ones on PS3 certainly are clearer and brighter.

There are a lot of different instruments you can get for this game, some are wired and some aren't. I don't own a Wii so I can't really help you with that.

The Beatles Rock Band will only let you download Beatles tracks to play in-game. If you want to play other tracks, pick up a copy of Rock Band 2. It's got hundreds of available songs.

I'm assuming you live in the USA, though. I don't think we've got Rock Band 2 on Wii yet in the UK.

Welcome to the forums, and have fun!
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Adding to PleasePleaseMeat, you only need a wiimote for the mic (if you have 3 mics, you still only need one wiimote). Also, you can only buy Beatles songs. You can buy the rest of Abbey Road now, Sgt Peppers in Nov, and Rubber Soul and All You Need Is Love in Dec.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    If you already have a PS3 and a Wii, and you're going to buy the Limited Edition, I'd get the PS3 version because it's the same price for more quality. If you don't need the instruments, I'd still get the PS3 version, but it's a bit more expensive.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Adding to PleasePleaseMeat, you only need a wiimote for the mic (if you have 3 mics, you still only need one wiimote). Also, you can only buy Beatles songs. You can buy the rest of Abbey Road now, Sgt Peppers in Nov, and Rubber Soul and All You Need Is Love in Dec.
  • beingmusedbeingmused Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    PS3 graphics are better.
    The band scene is far more robust, and multiplayer is much less of a hassle.
    Not to mention that you can't play the Abbey Road Medley on the Wii
  • JimF51JimF51 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    QPR, prior to this past week and 1/2, I have never played any or the GH or rock band games, nor any other ones that might be out there. I bought TBRB LE more because I thought it would be cool to have the drums and Hofner for display than for playing the game. I did get the Wii version, as that's what the wife has for her Wii Fit, and the Grandkids have one, also. I didn't even rush to buy it, just paid for it on layaway as I wanted to buy all the remastered CDs 1st, without resorting to credit card use. So, I set it up for the kids, and oner afternoon my Granddaughter asks me to play, as her brother isn't home. So 15 minutes later, I'm hooked! Been playing with the kids whenever I get a chance. And yesterday, I had the opportunity to play on a PS3 system.

So, to answer your questions based on the above, I didn't notice much of a difference with the graphics at all. I do know there are differences in some of the details in screen, the most notable one is there is no crowed around the stand when "Sgt. Pepper's" is playing. However, while I'm playing (and being totally new to this), I have to concentrate on the note tracks enough that I don't notice the visuals too much, if at all. I didn't notice any difference in video quality (sharpness, detail) with the note tracks, which is more important.

One other issue some people seem to have is the way the Abbey Road DLC is set up. With the Wii, you can't buy the whole album as a single item. So the long side 2 medley is broken up into smaller chunks. Which means you can't play it a one long set. I could care less, but it might be important to you. I believe you can do so with the PS3 (the people who have the one I played on haven't d/l the album yet).

Not sure what option you are planning on buying. I bought the LE set, and it comes with all you need to have 3 people playing right away (if you have a Wii, you already have a Wii-mote). But the Wii-mote is only needed to control the mics (up to 3), the guitar and drum wireless recievers plug into the USB ports.

Best alternate option is to buy a RB2 bundle, going for about $100. most places (in the US) and just the TBRB game. This will give you all that you need to play 3 people, plus the RB2 game. This option answers your last question, as it will let you purchase all the DLC content that's out there.

Sorry for the length, hope this helps.
  • BonzesBonzes Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Totally agree with Jim... We have a Wii.. and I don't see the big deal in the graphics for me! Plus the grandkids did too. We did get the LE bundle... and the only other big thing was the DLC...but I am very content with the songs we did get . I love this game..it is awesome!

Welcome to the forum and have fun with TBRB game....you'll love it!! :)
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Just get the PS3 version so you'll be able to play the whole abbey road 16 minute medley. It will cost 17 dollars though(pay through psn) but the more sales abbey road has the more likely we'll get more beatles albums.
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I would say PS3, because the graphics are slightly better (not a dealbreaker I would say), and you can download songs in packs (which means they'll be cheaper), along with the Abbey Road Medley, which cannot be played as one song on the Wii.

but it's still your decision.
  • frostyMcNuggetsfrostyMcNuggets Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    The graphics are better on PS3, and you can download the Abbey Road Medley as one continuous track, but the Wii gets the DLC on Tuesday instead of Thursday on PS3. They're both great consoles, it's still a great game no matter what console you buy it on, but if I were you, I'd buy the PS3 version
  • QPR_bradQPR_brad Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for your assistant guys; everyone's been a great help! :) Now I'll weigh up the pros and cons and make a decision. I know one thing for sure, I'm definitely getting the game! :D

Once again, cheers! ;)
  • tcole6tcole6 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    If you have both systems already, definitely get it for the PS3. If you have to buy the system(s), then make your decision based on what other kind of content you would like to play on the system as that will likely be a bigger influence than the (IMHO) trivial difference in graphics.

However...Not being able to play side 2 in one stream is a much bigger deal to me than I thought it would be.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    The wii version of TB:RB doesn't allow you to slow down the track in Practice Mode for guitar/bass, so, I wish I had picked ps3 instead of wii for my tb:rb platform. Sigh.