Help! British users:HMV Free Codes

BellboyBellboy Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hi,

I got a pre order code from HMV but didnt redeem it until 20/10. It is definately valid & I requested 2 songs from Sgt Pepper & Maxwells Silver Hammer. I am still waiting on a code to download these.

I am sure I registered correctly & I know Sgt Pepper isnt available yet but surely I sould be able to get Maxwell. is anyone else still waiting from THIS SOURCE? - http://www.hmv.tbrb-freedlc.com/

Help! I'm still waiting.........

Comments

• fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited October 2009
    It shold probably come within a week from today. Did you confirm your email address and whatnot?

I live in america so there is no HMV, but I am going off of what gamestop did.

What system did you get the codes for?
  • HaribokartHaribokart Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I've not had anything from HMV yet and neither have two of my friends, we went to the site and chose our songs etc. All on PS3.
  • Mr-VengeanceMr-Vengeance Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I recieved my codes ok, they took exactly 1 week after confirming my email address to be sent to me though.
  • BellboyBellboy Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I requested them for the Xbox & I think I will email HMV direct to see if they can help.
  • Jaco-£-ByteJaco-£-Byte Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Yeah me too, did the codes and email confirmation but no free codes for the songs i want, one of them is Maxwell,s Silver Hammer and another two off the Sgt Peppers album that comes next in November. Where's mi codes please. :(
    edited October 2009
    Oh man, when are these going to turn up? I have all three Abbey Road songs just begging to be emailed to me! Has anybody recieved their HMV codes yet?
  • BoomBoomBoxBoomBoomBox Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I got mine for Xbox 360 the day the DLC came out.
    edited October 2009
    BoomBoomBox;3198782 said:
    I got mine for Xbox 360 the day the DLC came out.
    Hmmm, when did you fill in the code on the website and confirm your email address?
  • BoomBoomBoxBoomBoomBox Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Haribokart;3200259 said:
    Hmmm, when did you fill in the code on the website and confirm your email address?
    I can't remember the exact date but it was probably about a couple of weeks after the game came out.
    edited November 2009
    BoomBoomBox;3201170 said:
    I can't remember the exact date but it was probably about a couple of weeks after the game came out.
    This is on 360. I've not actually heard that anybody in the UK has received their PS3 songs. How about Americans?

I emailed EA using the link on http://www.tbrb-freedlc.com/hmv/ explaining the situation, and they replied very quickly. I was impressed with them, unfortunately I think they misunderstood as they sent me the codes to register for the free songs- which I have no need for. In addition to this they sent me the American Gamestop codes and not the UK HMV codes.

I've replied and explained the situation, and like I say their previous email was very pleasant and helpful there was just a misunderstanding. It does feel like UK PS3 owners are being messed about a bit considering we had to wait over a week extra for Abbey Road and it seems have not received any of our promised free songs yet.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited November 2009
    I still havnt gotten mine and its November 1st. Im in america.
    edited November 2009
    Right, they have been in touch again and given me UK codes but they are 9 digits long and the Playstation store can only redeem codes that are 12 digits long (it says these are not valid). Where do I input these, or are they the incorrect codes as I suspect?

P.S. Just want to say that they are being really helpful, the EA customer service is outstanding. Kudos to them for that :)