Constant crowd cheering

spineraptorspineraptor Unsigned
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I am in the auditioning phase with one of the songs I am working on, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the crowd to be quite. There is a crowd cheering audio file that plays over and over again throughout the entire song.
I've put in the [music_start] and [music_end] events, and even threw in [crowd_mellow] and [crowd_noclap] (even though those only deal with crowd animation and claps).
I have read all the docs on creators.rockband.com, but I must be missing something because that crowd just won't stop cheering.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your time.

Comments

• ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I have often found in live music events that I would enjoy it a lot more if the crowd weren't there. I hope you find your answer.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Are you using the 'practice venue' in audition? If so there's you answer; there is a bug that loops the intro crowd audio in this venue no matter what you do.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3186181 said:
    I have often found in live music events that I would enjoy it a lot more if the crowd weren't there. I hope you find your answer.
    Uh...what? What's the point of live music if there's no crowd?? Trust me, I've played plenty of gigs where there were like 5-10 people in the crowd and it sucks.
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, I was using a point of reference of the listener, not the player. The point of live music is the music. The crowd can all stay home as far as I'm concerned. Or at least the tall stinky drunk guy who is always standing in front of me.
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3186612 said:
    Sorry, I was using a point of reference of the listener, not the player. The point of live music is the music. The crowd can all stay home as far as I'm concerned. Or at least the tall stinky drunk guy who is always standing in front of me.
    This video disagrees with you ;) One of the coolest live concert moments I've ever experienced. Of course you are certainly entitled to your opinion. (Still curious about the OP and if there is another cause so as not to totally derail here).
    edited October 2009
    I couldn't tell what was happening in that video. But I live in Michigan and I know where Clarkston is :)
  • RockAuthorsRockAuthors Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'd have to say when listening to live music, the fewer people the better....but when playing live, more is always better. There are exceptions though, when you have drunk guys come on stage and want to sing, it's not very fun
  • RockAuthorsRockAuthors Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Where in michigan are you from ethicalpaul? I'm in Toledo, OH
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3186754 said:
    I couldn't tell what was happening in that video. But I live in Michigan and I know where Clarkston is :)
    Oh just the energy of the crowd singalong is all, but yeah I'm not far from Clarkston at all (maybe 15 minutes' drive) :)
    edited October 2009
    Ahh, the crowd singalong, another reason to hate crowds :)

I'm in Kalamazoo, but I play RB with friends in Southfield and Farmington Hills so I'm on that side of the state often enough.

We should have an RBN authors of Michigan support group or something

Hey Spineraptor, was the Practice Space venue your problem?
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3186973 said:
    Ahh, the crowd singalong, another reason to hate crowds :)

I'm in Kalamazoo, but I play RB with friends in Southfield and Farmington Hills so I'm on that side of the state often enough.

We should have an RBN authors of Michigan support group or something

Hey Spineraptor, was the Practice Space venue your problem?
    HOW DO YOU HATE CROWD SINGALONGS YOU DEVIL OF A PERSON

Anyways, this should only happen if you're in the practice space venue.
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, but I go and pay to hear the artist, not the drunken crowd :)
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3187888 said:
    Well, if you had said "Drunken Crowd Sing-Along", I would've agreed.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3187888 said:
    You could accomplish the same thing by sitting at home and playing the CD really loud on your stereo.

When I go to see bands play live, I do it for both the music AND the crowd experience. Tapping into the energy of the crowd is at least half the fun of seeing a band live.
    edited October 2009
    You know that the CD cranked loud is not the same as hearing a band live, David.

Look, live is great, the audience can be fine, but who here hasn't had a beloved performer's set ruined by rude fellow attendees? If I'm the only one I'll eat my new Xbox.
    edited October 2009
    ethicalpaul;3188372 said:
    You know that the CD cranked loud is not the same as hearing a band live, David.

Look, live is great, the audience can be fine, but who here hasn't had a beloved performer's set ruined by rude fellow attendees? If I'm the only one I'll eat my new Xbox.
    Ahh who hasn't, in fact the guy next to me at the concert I mentioned earlier was REALLY annoying and pretty much trying to get laid in his seat next to us. The difference, I think, is whether you let that interfere with the experience or not :p (And as I said, best. concert. ever.) I'm sure we could go on forever about this, but it boils down to preferences and opinions in the end, so there's really no point to arguing, to each his own :)

(P.S. I'm over in the kzoo area once in a while myself)
    edited October 2009
    I admit I have a problem with other people bothering me at live performances. One of my issues :)
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2009
    Wrenching the wheel out of the hands of the anti-social misfits* and steering this thread back on track...

The crowd noise in practice mode is set as a "worst case" for general gameplay, and is not a bug. Don't worry too much about getting the music to sound much louder than the crowd in practice mode. Make sure it's audible there and then try it out in some regular venues.

*Don't you hate it when you get there early to get a good spot right up front and then someone shows up 2 minutes before the band starts and pushes their way right in front of you? I hate them.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It kind of depends on the song...

I was in a Radiohead concert, for example. The singalong in Karma Police was truly great, a lot of fun. But I'm so glad no one sang in "How To Disappear Completely". It depends on the song, really
    edited October 2009
    Wrenching the wheel out of the hands of the anti-social misfits* and steering this thread back on track...
    I'm sorry about that. Believe me, I'm trying to not do that. I will continue to try harder. I liked your asterisked note :)