RBN Training at GameSoundCon in SF 11/14-15

GameSoundCon is back in San Francisco. We’re holding another Rock Band Network Training Session. Some of our sound designers will be teaching musicians, bands, audio engineers and producers who want to learn how to author their original music into playable Rock Band tracks.

If you know people in the San Francisco area that are planning on going to the GameSoundCon, make sure to tell about the RBN Training Sessions! Here are the details:

The GameSoundCon in San Francisco 1/14 & 15
Rock Band Network Training Sessions

Sessions cover:
• Musician's Introduction to the Rock Band Network
• Creating Rock Band Stem Mixes
• Using REAPER to map controller data to your song
• How to use the MAGMA tool to package your song into Rock Band format & Xbox 360 Auditioning
• Uploading your song for peer review & download
• Making your song fun to play
• Controlling Lights, Crowd Reaction and other Rock Band features

For more information on the conference:
http://www.gamesoundcon.com/

Use Promo Code “HARMONIX” and register for only $295

Comments

• foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Very cool, these sessions should really help the RBN out, I live in VA so I'm not going. Cant wait until RBN opens :)
  • ImaCarrotImaCarrot Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'm in SF now, but my son is due to be born about that time so me going definitely isn't going to happen. I hope a lot of people are able to make it, it will surely be an invaluable experience.
  • megaphonemegaphone Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I love seeing this kind of stuff. I've started up a web site devoted to helping people become better programmers. If anyone has any special tips they'd like to share, I'd love to post them! www.rockbandyourrockband.com
  • RockAuthorsRockAuthors Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone know if these will be offered in any others cities in the near future? Thanks
  • Ten0101Ten0101 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    It would be awesome if some of this could be UStreamed or something so everybody else could watch it, even if it was for a price.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Ten0101;3188176 said:
    It would be awesome if some of this could be UStreamed or something so everybody else could watch it, even if it was for a price.
    ^^THAT^^

...Is an awesome idea!

*runs off to nominate Ten0101 as October Member of the Month*
  • Ten0101Ten0101 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    DavyinaToga;3191314 said:
    ^^THAT^^

...Is an awesome idea!

*runs off to nominate Ten0101 as October Member of the Month*
    *hopes the prize is some way to audition his songs soon

:p*
  • RockAuthorsRockAuthors Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Ten0101;3188176 said:
    Yea fantastic idea man! Would definitely have to be at a price though, would be worth it for the actually price. Look into that Harmonix! lol
  • lowfatevanlowfatevan Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    RockAuthors;3192239 said:
    Yea fantastic idea man! Would definitely have to be at a price though, would be worth it for the actually price. Look into that Harmonix! lol
    If someone captured this on a good quality video, I'd pay a bit for it. As long as it would be cheaper than me flying out to San Fransisco, considering i'm in NY and harmonix is only in boston...
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    lowfatevan;3192572 said:
    If someone captured this on a good quality video, I'd pay a bit for it. As long as it would be cheaper than me flying out to San Fransisco, considering i'm in NY and harmonix is only in boston...
    ^^ Vermon'er ;)

Same for me. I'd pay for training via online. I PM'ed about driving to Boston for in-house RBN training, which came back a no-go. I guess we're both waiting for a gaming convention outside Silicon Valley in the near future. Still, this should be an easy decision for those already planning on attending GameSoundCon!
  • bschmidtbschmidt Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    HMXEnosity;3187702 said:
    GameSoundCon is back in San
    The GameSoundCon in San Francisco 1/14 & 15
    http://www.GameSoundCon.com/

Use Promo Code “HARMONIX” and register for only $295
    GameSoundCon (and the Rock Band Network Training) is November 13,14 (2 weeks from now), not in January :).

Brian
    (GameSoundCon Conference Director)
  • gisvallymgisvallym Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I accept with information:Sessions cover:
    Musician's Introduction to the Rock Band Network
    Creating Rock Band Stem Mixes
    Using REAPER to map controller data to your song
    How to use the MAGMA tool to package your song into Rock Band format & Xbox 360 Auditioning
    Uploading song for peer review & download
    Making your song fun to play
    Controlling Lights, Crowd Reaction and other Rock Band features.