Lego Rock Band bundle?

Sambo110Sambo110 Rising Star
edited October 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
As far as I know, there is no bundle. Why? This seems stupid considering the audience it is aimed at.

Comments

• FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited October 2009
    Because there is nothing wrong with the instruments we already own. I also find it a bit weird that a kid would want to buy 'Lego' Rock Band if they've never wanted to play the games before, and I'm going to assume the lion's share of people that want this game already play Rock Band but want their children to play a sheltered version.

And I'm going out on a limb and saying that making instruments isn't the most intelligent market to be in right now seeing as it's flooded the stores and their shelf space.
  • Sambo110Sambo110 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    They could have included the RB instruments. And if you were a parent and your kid wanted a music game, but you didn't like some of the songs on the other ones, and decided to get this, then what?
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Sambo110;3189592 said:
    They could have included the RB instruments. And if you were a parent and your kid wanted a music game, but you didn't like some of the songs on the other ones, and decided to get this, then what?
    Then you would simply buy the the stand alone instruments from the other games.....
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Sambo110;3189592 said:
    Then you choose from the countless guitars, mics and drum sets at the store......................
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Do you want to know why there isn't a LEGO bundle? Just go into your local retailer and take a look at the shelves.

Rock Band 2 bundles
    The Beatles bundles
    RB1 + Beatles bundles
    World Tour bundles
    GH5 bundles
    Band Hero bundles
    DJ Hero bundles

Heck, some places still have Aerosmith, GH2, and GH3 bundles rotting on shelves. HMX may release titles that get better reviews, but Activision has the shelf space pretty much sucked up with their relentless repackagings.

HMX has already put out a big bundle this year with The Beatles. Why draw sales away from your "Big 2" (RB2 and Beatles) with a third bundle so soon? Especially when your competition has already flooded shelves with three bundles in less than two months.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    T-Hybrid;3189616 said:
    Do you want to know why there isn't a LEGO bundle? Just go into your local retailer and take a look at the shelves.
    Heck, some places still have Aerosmith, GH2, and GH3 bundles rotting on shelves. HMX may release titles that get better reviews, but Activision has the shelf space pretty much sucked up with their relentless repackagings.
    I have an interesting story about last night and me going to Wal-Mart. I was in the food section picking up some things and lo and behold, there was an aisle (for those that go to Wal-Mart, the aisle that changes based upon the season, Halloween, Christman, Valentine's, ETC) that had candy for halloween, costumes, and yes Guitar Hero peripherals.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    aggiesrul8;3189633 said:
    I have an interesting story about last night and me going to Wal-Mart. I was in the food section picking up some things and lo and behold, there was an aisle (for those that go to Wal-Mart, the aisle that changes based upon the season, Halloween, Christman, Valentine's, ETC) that had candy for halloween, costumes, and yes Guitar Hero peripherals.
    Haha that's great. I've been looking for a $20 "first-party" guitar for a while now. Tilt sensor in my secondary guitar stopped working and I'm too lazy to mod it (and I don't have a soldering kit).
    edited October 2009
    T-Hybrid;3189616 said:

Rock Band 2 bundles
    The Beatles bundles
    RB1 + Beatles bundles
    World Tour bundles
    GH5 bundles
    Band Hero bundles
    DJ Hero bundles

HMX has already put out a big bundle this year with The Beatles. Why draw sales away from your "Big 2" (RB2 and Beatles) with a third bundle so soon? Especially when your competition has already flooded shelves with three bundles in less than two months.
    Ok, at my local retailer there is a few GHWT sets, maybe one RB guitar. They could have released the RB2 instruments in Australia with Lego Rock Band. And there would be no harm in having a Lego Rock Band bundle with the RB2 instruments.
  • Faded_JeansFaded_Jeans Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    My nephews play XBox RB2 when they visit. I was going to buy them RB Lego for Christmas, but I'm balking at having to buy them RB2 bundle AND RB lego, as the RB2 Bundle is cheaper than the individual instruments.

Wii RB Lego Bundle would have been awesome.

I'm buying just the XBox game for myself, just to play it through once and import the songs.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited October 2009
    Why not just buy used instruments and buy them the game?
    edited October 2009
    Used plastic instruments? Why would you do that, they already break a fair bit, buying used ones would just be asking for trouble.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Sambo110;3189715 said:
    Used plastic instruments? Why would you do that, they already break a fair bit, buying used ones would just be asking for trouble.
    Ive been playing with a used explorer for 2 years now..........

cost me 15 bucks.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Ehfahq;3189725 said:
    Ive been playing with a used explorer for 2 years now..........

cost me 15 bucks.
    In my experience, the explorer is my "old faithful." I've had problems with the RB1 guitar and the MadCatz bass, but holy cow that explorer is tough as nails.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Sambo110;3189650 said:
    And there would be no harm in having a Lego Rock Band bundle with the RB2 instruments.
    Except the costs of putting the bundles together, shipping the bundles, the hassle of convincing retailers to put yet another bundle on shelves next to the 4-5 that are already there (4 of which having come in the past few months)

And then there's the part where the bundle sales from LEGO cut into the potential bundle sales from new customers attracted by The Beatles.

There's plenty of harm in selling a second bundle so closely after releasing The Beatles bundle.
  • tkavil3tkavil3 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Anyways.. there is still another 1-2 months until release, it isn't too late to announce a bundle. DUN DUN DUN
  • cmenearcmenear Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Do you realize how many lego pieces it would take to build your guitar and drum kit? Can you imagine the flood of technical support calls because people didn't follow the directions, or their kid ate the piece that supported the green drum pad? Don't see a lego bundle coming...
    edited October 2009
    tkavil3;3190372 said:
    Anyways.. there is still another 1-2 months until release, it isn't too late to announce a bundle. DUN DUN DUN
    A month in Australia, but isn't it coming out in like a week in America?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    cmenear;3190460 said:
    Do you realize how many lego pieces it would take to build your guitar and drum kit? Can you imagine the flood of technical support calls because people didn't follow the directions, or their kid ate the piece that supported the green drum pad? Don't see a lego bundle coming...
    Winner winner, chicken dinner! I award you +2 Internets.

/thread
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    T-Hybrid;3189616 said:

Still at 59.99 in my stores, thats just the Les Paul Guitar too. The bundle is 10$ more, but really pointless.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I'm sure they'll be special deal set like beatles with the rb1 instruments with lego instead do to hmx's overstock of them. Or even a day after thanksgiving deal of buy rb 2 special edition and get lego and rb1 free.
  • Icyjoe14Icyjoe14 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I would instantly buy a bundle with make your own customizable lego instruments. That would be epic. Of course it would never happen and they'd probably fall apart after one rough song, but those are minor details.