Any authors want to hire me? :D

RoflcopterrrRoflcopterrr Opening Act
edited October 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I really want to join an authoring group.. I'm not expecting any kind of pay, I just want to author! I'm a drummer of 11 years and a top rock band player if that means anything lol.. anyways here's a little chart I made if you're interested
[/resume]

Comments

• ATCMediaATCMedia Unsigned
    edited October 2009
  • RoflcopterrrRoflcopterrr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I sent you a friend request, which I think is required to enable PM's - I think you have to accept it first :p
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2009
    In case you ever do get into a charting group, I'll give you a taste of what you can expect in review, woohoo!

Any disco beats you'll want to chart to red and yellow, not yellow and blue. Normally I look over lyrics but you didn't have any here, so oh well
    edited October 2009
    HeyRiles;3194227 said:
    In case you ever do get into a charting group, I'll give you a taste of what you can expect in review, woohoo!

Any disco beats you'll want to chart to red and yellow, not yellow and blue. Normally I look over lyrics but you didn't have any here, so oh well
    Was that directed to my Psycho video? There are no disco beats in it o_0 The intro is all Hi-Hat, I thought that charting the open hits onto blue would make it much harder.. it wouldn't pass peer-review if I were to submit it like that, YYYBYYYBYYYB, it would be all yellow.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2009
    I think starting at :17 should normally be charted as red-yellow
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Roflcopterrr;3194060 said:
    I really want to join an authoring group.. I'm not expecting any kind of pay, I just want to author! I'm a drummer of 11 years and a top rock band player if that means anything lol.. anyways here's a little chart I made if you're interested [--

[/resume]
    First tip: sustain tails; you need a gap.

Second tip: Don't link to a video with a link to a site containing .rba files with copyrighted audio in them.

The section riles was talking about is the YYYBYYYB part on drums. I'm not sure what he's playing, but that is some pain in the neck sticking if it's right. EDIT- So you've noticed, understood.
    edited October 2009
    It's ALL Hi-Hat and bass until the vocals kick in, the blue notes are simply open hi-hat hits. If I were submitted that for peer-review, I'd make it completely yellow.
    edited October 2009
    socrstopr;3194244 said:
    First tip: sustain tails; you need a gap.

Second tip: Don't link to a video with a link to a site containing .rba files with copyrighted audio in them.

The section riles was talking about is the YYYBYYYB part on drums. I'm not sure what he's playing, but that is some pain in the neck sticking if it's right. EDIT- So you've noticed, understood.
    I know about that gap in between sustains now, I made that chart long before I knew about it though :p
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    HeyRiles;3194242 said:
    I think starting at :17 should normally be charted as red-yellow
    I agree with the original charting. It should be yellow/blue. Isn't it the same thing as Critical Acclaim?

Critical Acclaim Drum Chart (linked directly to time when it is used)
  • edited October 2009
    Hey there - while we definitely encourage collaboration, and we want people to work together and foster relationships via these forums, this is not monster.com.

Feel free to post links to your authoring company and their sites (if you run one), but please refrain from outright asking for jobs via the forums.
  • edited October 2009
    I would also like to add that when the RBN Creators Club website opens up, we will have a forum available for Bands needing Authors and Authors needing Bands.
This discussion has been closed.