costco now shipping Lego RB!

playmikeplaymike Rising Star
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
just got my tracking #, it's in transit now!

should be here on Sat, so excited :D

Comments

• braves22braves22 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    playmike;3195752 said:

Hmm thats interesting?

I didn't think releases could ship to residentials more than 24 hours before nationwide store release...

Otherwise most of us would buy games this way...
  • ig0tTouReTTesig0tTouReTTes Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Are you sure? All console versions of LRB say:

This video game is scheduled to be released on November 3, 2009. Place your advance order now and it will be shipped to you as soon as it is available.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Man you guys are sooo lucky. I have to wait until Playasia get them in stock and than ship it out. Frustrating.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I Get a cool keychain though for getting it at gamestop...
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    MourganDespana;3196176 said:
    I just got one today at Best Buy. They aren't as cool as I thought. The LEGO Rock Band lettering on the keychain is actually a sticker. The mini fig is cool though.
  • ZephielZephiel Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I get mine $3 cheaper for ordering it online on Amazon.com. No shipping fees.

Hooray?
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Zephiel;3196188 said:
    I get mine $3 cheaper for ordering it online on Amazon.com. No shipping fees.

Hooray?
    Cheers. I like giving my local companies business though. I know GameStop is a chain, but at least they are people. I don't want to see it go under. The mall its at is struggling so hey, whatever works.
  • xRite AidexxRite Aidex Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited October 2009
    HeyRiles;3195758 said:
    In other news, I am totally eating a chicken biscuit right now
    OMGWANT. Chicken biscuits are AWESOME. The chicken curry puffs I had for lunch are also awesome, but not nearly as awesome as chicken biscuits!
    edited October 2009
    When people get the game i want photos and i want youtube videos please :p
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I get mine a month later because I live in the wrong country.
    Way to encourage piracy, Warner Bros...
    edited October 2009
    Rather than steal it why not import it like the rest of us? Idiot.
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    MourganDespana;3196176 said:
    Me too. AWESOMENESS!!!
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    got to wait til the 27th for the pal version :(
    edited October 2009
    aspiring;3198402 said:
    Rather than steal it why not import it like the rest of us? Idiot.
    Did I say I was going to get a pirated copy? No. I was pointing out that staggered release dates encourage piracy. Thanks for helping to make these forums such a friendly place though! :rolleyes:
  • JoeL_CQCJoeL_CQC Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    i'm waiting after the 10th to get my copy $20 off on amazon. :P
    edited October 2009
    Haibane;3199362 said:
    Did I say I was going to get a pirated copy? No. I was pointing out that staggered release dates encourage piracy. Thanks for helping to make these forums such a friendly place though! :rolleyes:
    Yeah well you wouldnt have said it if you were not thinking about it. And having to wait 2 weeks is fine. If you dont want to wait import.

And sorry im not usually like that but the mention of theft boils my blood.
  • shimwoodshimwood Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    playmike;3195752 said:

Do parcel companies act differently on the West coast? In Indiana no one other than USPS delivers on Saturday (unless CostCo uses USPS for their deliveries).
    edited October 2009
    Hmm, 2 weeks wouldn't be so long to wait, but unless you know something I don't, the UK release is on the 27th - 4 weeks to wait - wah! To be honest I didn't even realise I could play US games on my Xbox - too used to regional restrictions! XD

Ordered a copy via Gamestop - only a little more expensive even with the shipping. Weirdly the Amazon US site refused to ship to the UK citing manufacturer restrictions - OK don't take my money then!
  • Drumminjay108Drumminjay108 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Well...I get a kick ass key chain!

but i have to wait.
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    JoeL_CQC;3199393 said:
    i'm waiting after the 10th to get my copy $20 off on amazon. :P
    Why is it $20 off?
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Was Band Hero coming out Tuesday too or Sunday? Costco had them in store but no Lego.
    edited November 2009
    Doom878;3208480 said:
    Was Band Hero coming out Tuesday too or Sunday? Costco had them in store but no Lego.
    Both were scheduled for release on the 3rd (Tue)
  • xizorhuttxizorhutt Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    got mime coming from gamefly today its only 39.99 with my 1year membership
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    braves22;3195900 said:
    Hmm thats interesting?

I didn't think releases could ship to residentials more than 24 hours before nationwide store release...

Otherwise most of us would buy games this way...
    Oddly enough, a buddy of mine ordered a copy of Dragon Age Origins directly from the EA online store. He received it today, when it comes out in stores tomorrow.

I suppose that's within the 24 hour scope, and it's directly from the publisher, but still it's rather weird he'd get it before the national release. Or does this usually happen when ordering from the publisher? I always buy my games at BB, so I have no clue.

All that aside, tomorrow will be another expensive day for me at Best Buy. Go go rewards card!
    edited November 2009
    CJHobbes;3208946 said:
    Oddly enough, a buddy of mine ordered a copy of Dragon Age Origins directly from the EA online store. He received it today, when it comes out in stores tomorrow.

I suppose that's within the 24 hour scope, and it's directly from the publisher, but still it's rather weird he'd get it before the national release. Or does this usually happen when ordering from the publisher? I always buy my games at BB, so I have no clue.

All that aside, tomorrow will be another expensive day for me at Best Buy. Go go rewards card!

Agreed! In honor of the 2 music games coming out this week, I have also been sucked in to buying an ION Rocker...so yeah, at this point I am just lugging the cash register with me everywhere for the week.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    CJHobbes;3208946 said:

Yes, they'd rather you get the game a day early than a day late so they pad a little bit.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Has anyone gone to Costco yet? Did they get it in?