Why are you buying LRB?

ig0tTouReTTesig0tTouReTTes Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Even though HMX wanted to gear this towards kids of a younger age, i know plenty of us are just looking to export it and nothing more. I am one of those people that is looking for some cheap DLC and intend to throw the game on ebay as soon as the export is done. So are you buying the game for the export, for the "kid friendly atmosphere" it will put out, or both?

If you like the songs, that goes under export, if you like lego games, that goes under kid friendly, if youre buying it just to have it and play it, both? I also meant to put a "I'm not" option but i accidentally pressed submit without reading what i put down and further revisions, sorry for the confusion and cruddy poll everybody.

The both option is now considered an other option, if you pick it post why.

Comments

• xRite AidexxRite Aidex Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I'll be the honest one here and say Im gonig to rent it hopeing for a code, and if not then ill play it just to enjoy it. I dont think its worth the buy for me but I do want to play alot of the songs.
    So yeah thats just me, i'll be honest and hope I can get the export code
  • b70x7nb70x7n Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Because it seems to be the only way to get any more hair metal in this game.
  • Luur32Luur32 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Its just a rent for me, since I'm on the Wii and we're not up to exportability yet. My main reason for buying it would simply be the setlist. I'm not a big fan of most of the stuff, but Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Ghostbusters, and JIMI HENDRIX are too good to miss out on
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Jimi Hendrix... also achievements, yes, I am an achievement whore.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    New songs, new game, export, etc. I don't have kids or anything.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    I'm not, I'll use my friend's copy and hope I can export it, too.
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It just looks fun, something different. Plus more hair metal, yeah!
  • LittleSister90LittleSister90 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Your options are a little weird... I'm buying it because I love the Lego games and I love Rock Band.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I actually see it as expensive DLC considering the limited number of songs that are actually interesting. I'll probably wait and hope for a price drop, or for those songs to start showing up as DLC (you never know).

I have no interest whatsoever in the game itself. It seems pointless to me.
  • jemin2009jemin2009 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    LittleSister90;3197259 said:
    Your options are a little weird... I'm buying it because I love the Lego games and I love Rock Band.
    Ditto! Plus I have a son.
  • ig0tTouReTTesig0tTouReTTes Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I forgot some people just enjoy new games..:o

If you like the songs, that goes under export, if you like lego games, that goes under kid friendly, if youre buying it just to have it and play it, both? I also meant to put a "I'm not" option but i accidentally pressed submit without reading what i put down and further revisions, sorry for he confusion everybody.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    You forgot to add an important choice in the poll: I'm buying it because Lego is awesome.

It's been awesome for decades (and for all ages with imagination). It's one of the greatest and most perfect toys the human race has ever invented. It never gets old. I played with it as a child, I played it with my nieces and nephews, and it has never let us down.

Plus, the Lego Star Wars and Indy games are amazing and hilarious.

Anyone who thinks Lego is just for kids--For crying out loud, go buy some Lego and build something! :)

So, I voted "Both."
  • sledge006sledge006 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'll do it for the exports. There are a bunch of cool songs in there. I doubt those codes are available for rental. Unless the stores a dumb enough the include the originl booklet witht the rentals.
    edited October 2009
    Rich T.;3197282 said:
    You forgot to add an important choice in the poll: I'm buying it because Lego is awesome.

It's been awesome for decades (and for all ages with imagination). It's one of the greatest and most perfect toys the human race has ever invented. It never gets old. I played with it as a child, I played it with my nieces and nephews, and it has never let us down.

Plus, the Lego Star Wars and Indy games are amazing and hilarious.

Anyone who thinks Lego is just for kids--For crying out loud, go buy some Lego and build something!
    So you're just buying the game because it is lego, no interest in the songs or anything? I doubt many people that aren't interested in Rock band will pick this game up that aren't doing it for their kids. I didn't seem that as a logical choice.
  • BigJAG2004BigJAG2004 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Where's the option for Neither? I'm buying it because I'm a Rock Band Whore.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Where's the "It's ****ing Legos playing instruments to awesome music in a combination of two of the best game series ever... WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?" option?
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    there's a lot of songs i like but i plan to actually play them through the actual game a lot too . i won't be ditching the game right away after export.
  • allanon645allanon645 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I'm buying it to play with my nephews. They are in love with the idea of rock band but they aren't allowed to play it due to the T rating. I'm really not interested in the import.
  • montereypoetmontereypoet Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Where's the options for "Because there'll be some new gameplay, and I just want to have some fun trying it out"?

I mean, export is cool and all, and being kid-friendly is great. But, building your own rock pad with Lego bricks? Blowing up Lego buildings if you play well? That just sounds like it'll be a really good laugh (even before a drink or two :-) )
    edited October 2009
    Ok yes i get it i ****ed up the poll, i wasnt about to put 6 or 7 options!

Jeez who knew grown men and women actually enjoyed legos and specifics these days:rolleyes:

The both option is now an other option
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    ig0tTouReTTes;3197296 said:
    So you're just buying the game because it is lego, no interest in the songs or anything? I doubt many people that aren't interested in Rock band will pick this game up that aren't doing it for their kids. I didn't seem that as a logical choice.
    Good point: I forgot to mention that I do really like the track list. But no exporting for me (Wii). If I didn't like most of the songs, I would have passed. The combination of the fun, upbeat music (Crocodile Rock! I Want You Back!) and the goofy, imaginative world of Lego equals a must-buy for me. In the end, the track list is most important.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Both.

It'll be fun for my 7-year old, and the export will be fun with my regular RB platform.
  • FlexValentinoFlexValentino Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    final countdown is main reason ive pre-ordered for 30 quid... ill trade in after a day for 25 quid if export is available from day 1...
  • edited October 2009
    FreeFallin and Kung Foo Fighting.

The rest is just gravy.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited October 2009
    Needs more options.

I'm getting the game because I enjoy playing rhythm games that utilize instrument-shaped peripherals.
  • edited October 2009
    They need a Bionicle patch.... how is that for asking for something before the game even comes out?

I want an all Bionicle Band! er..... for my kid.... yeah... thats it....
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited October 2009
    GNFfhqwhgads;3197256 said:
    I'm not, I'll use my friend's copy and hope I can export it, too.
    Does he plan on exporting it? If he does, your method won't work. The code on the manual can only be used ONCE, then it is permanently invalid. So you won't be able to use it if he does, or if you do it first before telling him, then you're not too nice of a friend. :p :D

I'm getting it for the following reasons:

-Looks cool being able to play songs as Legos, and I loved Legos as a kid.

-While I love RB2, I do need something new and refreshing every now and then and this game looks like it.

-The Final Countdown

-Jimi Hendrix

-Summer of '69

-Two Princes

-Bon Jovi

etc. etc. etc.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3197418 said:
    They need a Bionicle patch.... how is that for asking for something before the game even comes out?

I want an all Bionicle Band! er..... for my kid.... yeah... thats it....
    Mine would all wear the Mask of Underwater Breathing.

Don't ask what it does.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    Mainly for the export, but I don't plan on trading in or selling the game after the export.
  • CJXJ220CJXJ220 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Mainly for the export but it looks enjoyable enough that I'll play it once in awhile just for something different.

More Tom Petty is never a bad thing.