Sgt. Pepper concern

CyberKFoxCyberKFox Opening Act
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
It's now October 31st, 1:05 AM EST here in the south
and November is coming afterwards, which leads the question
When the heck in November can we expect Sgt. Pepper?

Comments

• soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    sgt. pepper is coming out nov. 20, a month after abbey road.
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I would guess the 17th or 24th. Giving Harmonix enough time to announce it around 2 weeks beforehand, and assuming it will release on a Tuesday with all other DLC.
  • edited October 2009
    Once there is a date set, then there will be an announcement.

Subscribe to the Announcements Forum if you want to get updates as soon as they are actually available.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I'm guessing the 17th.
  • Opus PenguinOpus Penguin Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I hope before Thanksgiving in the US. I have some family coming over and it would be great to have the game, Abbey Road, and Sgt. Pepper for them to play.
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    soup567;3202016 said:
    sgt. pepper is coming out nov. 20, a month after abbey road.
    Oh really...

on a Friday...

I'm gonna go with the second to last Tuesday of the month, the 17th.
    edited October 2009
    Opus Penguin;3202610 said:
    I hope before Thanksgiving in the US. I have some family coming over and it would be great to have the game, Abbey Road, and Sgt. Pepper for them to play.
    It will definitely be before Thanksgiving, because after Thanksgiving, the next Tuesday is December 1st.
  • biocookiesbiocookies Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    How much will it cost? (I'll still buy it anyways I just want to know, with all of the Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and Lego Rock Band coming out, I'm just outta money)
    edited October 2009
    biocookies;3202691 said:
    How much will it cost? (I'll still buy it anyways I just want to know, with all of the Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and Lego Rock Band coming out, I'm just outta money)
    It will be 8 songs, so it will be $16 if bought separately, yet with the album discount I'm guessing it will be $12.50 or something around there, but I'm not so sure.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I hope HMX won't fail so badly like they did with Abbey Road.
    edited October 2009
    How did they "fail"?
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I thought it was the one of the best DLC releases of the Rock Band series. How was it a fail?
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    EPIC FAIL HMX FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME WITH GREAT DLC THAT GAMESTOP/HMV HANDLED INCORRECTLY EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAD TO BUY THE ALBUM TO GET THE MEDLEY AND THAT USING FREE DLC CODES WOULD NULLIFY THIS.

Yeah, HMX really messed up on this one. :rolleyes:
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;3202724 said:
    I hope HMX won't fail so badly like they did with Abbey Road.
    So, by releasing Maxwell's SIlver Hammer, Oh! Darling and the medley, which are AMAZING songs/an amazing collection of songs (and my favourites on the album), they fail. Wow. Just because Because is just all right doesn't mean it fails, guy.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    PleasePleaseMeat;3202882 said:
    EPIC FAIL HMX FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME WITH GREAT DLC THAT GAMESTOP/HMV HANDLED INCORRECTLY EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAD TO BUY THE ALBUM TO GET THE MEDLEY AND THAT USING FREE DLC CODES WOULD NULLIFY THIS.

Yeah, HMX really messed up on this one. :rolleyes:
    At the time, though, it was said you could buy any 3-chunk of the medley (and this holds true for the Wii). Or maybe it was each individual song. But then they went all switcheroo on the folks and gave us a some-or-all deal.

Doesn't affect most of the people, but it is kinda lame if all you liked was Mean Mr. Mustard...
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited October 2009
    juan29zapata;3202877 said:
    I thought it was the one of the best DLC releases of the Rock Band series. How was it a fail?
    By forcing us to buy the whole album to play the Meadely.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Teh_Jakester;3202899 said:
    So, by releasing Maxwell's SIlver Hammer, Oh! Darling and the medley, which are AMAZING songs/an amazing collection of songs (and my favourites on the album), they fail. Wow. Just because Because is just all right doesn't mean it fails, guy.
    Because is actually one of my favorite songs from the album :o
    Rockbandfan23467;3203576 said:
    By forcing us to buy the whole album to play the Meadely.
    I can't possibly comprehend why you would want to buy any songs from the medley separately, with the exception of "You Never Give Me Your Money", since it is more or less a completed song. The rest of the songs really should be heard, and played together. While I do feel they should have given the option, I can't help but shake my head at the people who would cherry pick the medley. It's exactly the same situation as a lot of albums on itunes... people get mad when 3 song progressive albums are "buy the album only", but they're just complaining for the sake of complaining. If Abey Road was on itunes, I would hope the second side of the album was "album only", and let them be butthurt.

And besides... you have never been able to buy separate Beatles songs, outside of youtube and singles, which none of the songs from the second side of Abbey Road made it to.

Anyway, I digress. The only situation I can see like Abbey Road would be them forcing you to buy Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and A Day in the Life together.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    What is there actually to be concerned about?

I swear some of you people just love drama.
  • bigball123bigball123 Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I hope it's the 17th. That's my half-birthday and I'm not planning on going to class.
  • CyberKFoxCyberKFox Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    mva5580;3203720 said:
    What is there actually to be concerned about?

I swear some of you people just love drama.
    The concern is EA/Harmonix gave Abbey Road a specific date
    Where as Sgt. Pepper and Rubber Soul got static dates (Sgt. Pepper - November, Rubber Soul - December) which often leads to delays or worse.. not showing up at all
  • Rocket2RussiaRocket2Russia Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Stop getting your panties in a bunch. You're lucky they even told you their plans before the albums were already out. Just chill out. They'll come.
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    bigball123;3203737 said:
    I hope it's the 17th. That's my half-birthday and I'm not planning on going to class.
    Um, what is the significance of a half-birthday? Mine's Christmas, but that's beside the point.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Well, I bet they'll get it in before Black Friday, to boost sales.
    edited October 2009
    Teh_Jakester;3203767 said:
    Um, what is the significance of a half-birthday? Mine's Christmas, but that's beside the point.
    The Mad Hatter celebrates one.

He is in Through the Looking Glass.

Through the Looking Glass inspired John Lennon in writing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".

John Lennon is a Beatle.

The Beatles made a game.

That game is The Beatles: Rock Band.

This is that game's discussion forum.

It's completely relevant!
  • MalacandraMalacandra Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Nov. 17th is my actual birthday. And I've got a strong intuition that I'll be receiving TBRB on that date.

Sgt. Pepper's coming out then would be gravy. Or maybe more like brownies?
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    bigball123;3203737 said:
    Why would you take the day off for your half-birthday? That's stupid. I had to take 3 tests and an essay test on my birthday.
    Rocket2Russia;3203881 said:
    The Mad Hatter celebrates one.

He is in Through the Looking Glass.

Through the Looking Glass inspired John Lennon in writing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".

John Lennon is a Beatle.

The Beatles made a game.

That game is The Beatles: Rock Band.

This is that game's discussion forum.

It's completely relevant!
    I didn't know that about LitSwD. I would have used I Am The Walrus as a transition instead of LiSwD.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    When it is December 1, and we haven't had Pepper released as DLC, and there hasn't been a single mention at all about it from HMX, call me with your concerns. Until then, stop worrying so much and just have fun playing the game.
    edited October 2009
    gamegyro56;3204233 said:
    I didn't know that about LitSwD. I would have used I Am The Walrus as a transition instead of LiSwD.
    I use Lucy because he specifically cites it as a source of inspiration. I am the Walrus was just non-sensical to be non-sensical, and the walrus and the walrus and the carpenter are just coincidences.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Rocket2Russia;3204322 said:
    I use Lucy because he specifically cites it as a source of inspiration. I am the Walrus was just non-sensical to be non-sensical, and the walrus and the walrus and the carpenter are just coincidences.
    In 1980, John Lennon said this to Playboy:
    "It never dawned on me that Lewis Carroll was commenting on the capitalist system. I never went into that bit about what he really meant, like people are doing with the Beatles' work. Later, I went back and looked at it and realized that the walrus was the bad guy in the story and the carpenter was the good guy. I thought, Oh, [s-word], I picked the wrong guy. I should have said, 'I am the carpenter.' But that wouldn't have been the same, would it? [Sings, laughing] 'I am the carpenter....'"
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Then the Carpenters would sue ;)