How will exported Lego songs be categorized in Rock Band 2?

FennzFennz Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Will there be a "L" next to each one indicating Lego,(like "1" for Rock Band 1 songs) or will it show up as Downloadable Content with the little arrow.

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Hasn't a reviewer already confirmed they get their own category?
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I just saw a a guy on youtube that has the game early and it looks like theres a symbol next to it.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited October 2009
    They get their own category and the icon is a little LEGO brick with an "L".

(I've been watching a stream of the game, and that is how they show up in LEGO: RB, so I would assume the same is true for RB2).
  • KigalasKigalas Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I would hope it gets its own icon, but for some reason I don't see it happening. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

Kig
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Yeah we already know it's a little Lego icon. I don't know why this is even up for discussion.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Really? I would've expected it to be in it's own game section, like "Rock Band", "Rock Band 2", and "Lego Rock Band". Which, it probably is anyway.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    Thrasher9294;3203227 said:
    Really? I would've expected it to be in it's own game section, like "Rock Band", "Rock Band 2", and "Lego Rock Band". Which, it probably is anyway.
    It IS. Notice how RB2 songs have the 2 and RB1 songs have the 1 and still have their own sections?

Yeah.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Hey guys, for the icon and category to actually be there, it would have to have been programmed since RB2 was released (I doubt they even knew LRB would exist then) or implemented in a patch since then. While I don't doubt that the recent 360 patch may have introduced a "Lego Rock Band" category to the Location sorting (which is currently not visible because no one has any LRB tracks in their RB2), then what about PS3 owners?

My guesses:
    1) They will show up as DLC
    or
    2) They will show up under "Lego Rock Band" in 360 and under DLC in PS3, but it would change for PS3 once it recieves the patch.

Or now that I think of it, maybe the export itself is what would add that category to Rock Band...

And anyway, anyone have a video or the review or whatever where it is confirmed that LRB tracks get a new icon in RB2? (It doesn't matter if they have a different icon in LRB, since that's the new game and would obviously have programmed a LRB section for its own tracks...)
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I am thinking that the export itself tells RB2 what icon to use next to the song.
  • playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    neither. they have a lego "brick" next to them.

i was hoping my RB2 songs would show up in lrb, since i have RB2 on HD. but nope
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    MemoDLSG;3203313 said:
    Hey guys, for the icon and category to actually be there, it would have to have been programmed since RB2 was released
    False. The icon can just as easily be stored in the exported song file once it's created. Then the game just reads the content from the HDD...and when it looks for "category" the song file will tell it "LEGO" and provide it with the icon to display.

It's just like how a new genre can be added via DLC without being on disc. The game just looks at the "Genre" category and if it's not something it has already it adds it where it should be in the list.
    playmike;3203543 said:
    i was hoping my RB2 songs would show up in lrb, since i have RB2 on HD. but nope
    Installing RB2 to the HDD is not the same thing is performing the export. There is no Export Key available for RB2 at this time, so there's nothing telling other games that would be looking that it's okay to play them.

But the bigger question, does LEGO see Rock Band 1 songs?
  • macamaticmacamatic Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    MemoDLSG;3203313 said:
    Hey guys, for the icon and category to actually be there, it would have to have been programmed since RB2 was released (I doubt they even knew LRB would exist then) or implemented in a patch since then.
    Not necessarily. The category name in particular could just be in the song data, with the game being intelligent enough to organize it (similar to music players making databases out of ID3 tags). It's called separation of resources from code, and in all possible cases it's the only sensible way to program.
  • wrldindstries302wrldindstries302 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    T-Hybrid;3203557 said:

Yes, it sees them the same way RB2 does
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I guessed there would be the letter "L" by those tracks. Seems to make the most sense to me.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited October 2009
    "L", A lego brick, or A Pentagram.

Placing my vote on Pentagram for the sake of irony.
  • ExplodingTurnipsExplodingTurnips Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    It'll have it's own section.
    If it was under DLC, then people would start creating rumors how those songs will eventually turn into DLC, which, if it did, would render the game itself useless.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    ExplodingTurnips;3203820 said:
    It'll have it's own section.
    If it was under DLC, then people would start creating rumors how those songs will eventually turn into DLC, which, if it did, would render the game itself useless.
    AC/DC Live Track Pack says hello.

And anyways, of course a new category can be made, I was just wondering about the icon besides the songs. Though of course, it's just a small image, so it's totally possible it is carried by the songs themselves when exported...
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2009
    MemoDLSG;3203838 said:
    AC/DC Live Track Pack says hello.
    Hi.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Kariodude;3202852 said:
    Yeah we already know it's a little Lego icon. I don't know why this is even up for discussion.
    Because people are starvin' for info.
  • playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    T-Hybrid;3203557 said:

yes.

and maybe 25% of my dlc was excluded. White Rabbit comes to mind :D
  • cheng2009cheng2009 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    it would be cool if they had a L icon. Maybe in RB3.
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I havent checked on RB2 yet (I have exported them) but I know that in LRB the symbol is weird. I can't really make it out. I think it's a lego block. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    The only way RB 1 or 2 could possibly show the Lego songs as anything other then DLC is if both games recieved a patch to tell them the difference. I doubt we will get a patch for both games just for this. However I would be very surprised and disappointed if RB 3 wasn't able to see the Lego songs as Lego, and not DLC.
  • Wasch_24Wasch_24 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3237170 said:
    It's a LEGO brick.
    In RB2, as the OP asks?

You sure about that?
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited November 2009
    It shows up as regular DLC on mine. :(
    edited November 2009
    crash13;3237764 said:
    It shows up as regular DLC on mine. :(
    Same here.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Wasch_24;3237758 said:
    In RB2, as the OP asks?

You sure about that?
    That wasnt the question he was responding to. The other person asked what it looks like in LRB. And its a LEGO brick.

As I said in another thread, it could be a trademark issue. There is a possibility that would have to pay LEGO for that registered trademarked name to show up in RB2.

But thats a huge guess. So please dont quote me or take it as fact.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    Dekieon;3237696 said:
    The only way RB 1 or 2 could possibly show the Lego songs as anything other then DLC is if both games recieved a patch to tell them the difference. I doubt we will get a patch for both games just for this. However I would be very surprised and disappointed if RB 3 wasn't able to see the Lego songs as Lego, and not DLC.
    That is absolutely not correct. Unless you know the file structure of the songs in Rock Band, what you are saying is pure conjecture and it is NOT fact. It is VERY possible for the icons for the song files to be present within the songs themselves. When RB/RB2 goes and calls for the icon, it would know EXACTLY where to search for the icon information (as it's part of the file structure) and would know EXACTLY how to pull it up. There is no need for a patch for this.
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3237783 said:
    That wasnt the question he was responding to. The other person asked what it looks like in LRB. And its a LEGO brick.

As I said in another thread, it could be a trademark issue. There is a possibility that would have to pay LEGO for that registered trademarked name to show up in RB2.

But thats a huge guess. So please dont quote me or take it as fact.
    Ahhh, I see that now.

Sure would have made it easier to find the songs in RB2 if they were sortable by LRB instead of piled in with the rest of the DLC.