Charting w/ Controllers

spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
So I read somewhere that you can chart the instrumentals with the guitar/drum controllers? Is this True? If so, how do you do it?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2009
    spudlyff8fan;3203013 said:
    So I read somewhere that you can chart the instrumentals with the guitar/drum controllers? Is this True? If so, how do you do it?
    Not at the moment, but the devs have talked about releasing a Reaper plugin in the future that will allow you to do this.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    I may be remembering this wrong, but I thought an HMX person said that the wired PS3 drum & guitar controllers are currently recognized as midi input devices and can be used now for this purpose.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited October 2009
    Also, it only works with step recording, but someone at ScoreHero made this.
  • bwestplaysdrumsbwestplaysdrums Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I made a version of my Max/MSP patch called MIDItar Hero that lets you use pretty much any instrument controller (EVERY controller works except for Wii GH controllers) as a MIDI input for Reaper. You can only do step recording with it, but real-time recording would turn out terrible anyway. It's free to use and works on OS X or Windows.

This is the SH thread for MIDItar Hero, the post detailing the Authoring Version is the last post in the thread:
    http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61085

EDIT: My bad, didn't see the post above. Haha.
  • edited November 2009
    Reaper currently recognizes PS3 drums and guitars as game controllers.
  • mc_frontalotmc_frontalot Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Could use a little advice along this line.

I've got the drum kit set up, added to Reaper as a midi device with the "Add joystick MIDI..." button, selected the rockband_drums.txt processing script.

The kick registers and I can record midi with it. Woo hoo! But the other four pads don't seem to put any signal down. Is this functionality just sort of in process and I should wait, or am I n00bfailing at some part of setup?

Thanks
    mcf
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited November 2009
  • mc_frontalotmc_frontalot Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I can get the four pads and kick to emulate keypresses with Joy2Key (thanks!) which is good enough for running a faux 808, but doesn't get me the velocity data from the pads. I'm pretty sure windows is receiving velocity when I hit 'em, because the dialog at Control Panel > Set up USB Game Controllers > Properties shows me what buttons are being pressed and various axes and rotations show variable reads, depending consistently on how hard I hit the pads.

RBN has obviously put a lot of effort into its own scripting of RB controller input to Reaper. I'm just trying to figure out if it's:
    >going to be fully functional
    or
    >is already, but I just don't have it set up properly